• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

vinyl storage / shelving racks

I love my LPBIN. This is one that I bought and also found LPBIN instructions on the internet so made one out of plywood. Holds roughly 560 LPs.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Dear
Please google around. There are many different designs. Or you could copy that picture you like and make to order one from a fabricator
Regards antonio

I use an Ikea Kallax shelf for my records.
Looks fantastic. After IKEA came to Hyderabad a few months ago, I have started doing the same. However, how do you manage the LPs facing the front? Is it not difficult to search for a particular LP (very less finger space at the top) ?

peace_sells

Looks neat.Please let me know the price for this rack.How many LPs can it store?Please let me know.

Thanking you,
pksnathan
I have about 65-75 LPs in one box. I have a lot of gatefold vinyl.

If you have mostly non-gatefold LPs then you can store around 85-95 LPs per box. So the entire rack could store about 700-750 LPs.

This is what I bought:
https://www.pepperfry.com/eight-shelves-book-case-in-wenge-finish-by-marco-1593564.html

It's out of stock now, but you might be able to find similar racks.

SPONSORED ADS

peace_sells

However, how do you manage the LPs facing the front? Is it not difficult to search for a particular LP (very less finger space at the top) ?
I'm sure he just has that one LP facing that way. All the other LPs behind it must be stacked normally.

I use an Ikea Kallax shelf for my records.
Wow! You have Ege Bamyasi! Is that a reissue or a 70s pressing? Also those are probably my favourite Zappa and Genesis albums!

Last edited:

pksnathan

I am also looking for furniture to store vinyls. I am presently in Delhi and it is usually very dusty and as such I would prefer closed cabinets. Would the learned FMs share their experience or views regarding open vs closed cabinets for vinyl.

regards

celester340

In Bombay I had a closed glass and wood cabinet because it was very dusty. In Chennai no glass required it's an open cabinet, absolutely no dust.

SPONSORED ADS