VU Masterpiece Glo A.K.A. Hisense U8GQ

Alphaforest

So, recently I got myself a 55inch version of VU Masterpiece Glo. I knew from the beginning that the panel was manufactured by Hisense but I had a hard time believing VU had a custom SKU with a panel sourced from Hisense. After a lot of research, I found that VU MPG is nearly identical to Hisense U8GQ (not to be confused with U8G, which is far superior to this TV). Everything matches except for a few tweaks to the design of the frame and stand. Even the performance is mostly similar. Also, the number of Dimming zones has been reduced. Remote is 100% exactly the same. SOC used is different. Hisense U8GQ uses NovaTek NT72671D and VU uses MT5895 which is slightly more powerful than MT5893 found in Sony X950H. I am pretty confident it's a slightly inferior version of Hisense U8GQ. Soon I'll be renting an X-Rite i1 Display for calibration. I just hope the luminance figures are the same as the U8GQ.

Last edited:
So, recently I got myself a 55inch version of VU Masterpiece Glo. I knew from the beginning that the panel was manufactured by Hisense but I had a hard time believing VU had a custom SKU with a panel sourced from Hisense. After a lot of research, I found that VU MPG is nearly identical to Hisense U8GQ (not to be confused with U8G, which is far superior to this TV). Everything matches except for a few tweaks to the design of the frame and stand. Even the performance is mostly similar. Also, the number of Dimming zones has been reduced. Remote is 100% exactly the same. SOC used is different. Hisense U8GQ uses NovaTek NT72671D and VU uses MT5895 which is slightly more powerful than MT5893 found in Sony X950H. I am pretty confident it's a slightly inferior version of Hisense U8GQ. Soon I'll be renting an X-Rite i1 Display for calibration. I just hope the luminance figures are the same as the U8GQ.
❤ Congratulations for your new television #

Congrats, Will be nice to see your display readings, do post here and share your findings.
Thank you, will share once I have the colorimeter. Hopefully, it can give some useful insights and help out others with general calibration

Bought vu masterpiece glo qled 55" tv 2 weeks before and i am really happy for the picture quality considering the price except the blooming effect which is a bit high as its lacking dimming zones. The blacks aren't really black when viewing in a dark environment but hence I am using this TV in my living room with lots of light its not that much of an issue. Overall I guess it's a good tv for 62K as I felt some of the top brands are even worse in these price range. I already have a sony HT-Z9F soundbar so sound is not an issue at all for me. I would like to hear from others who have this tv and also did I make a mistake in buying this model? My budget was very tight and I was going to buy Hisense U7H but I felt this will be a bit better in terms of brightness.

Hi all,
I have a vu masterpiece glo qled tv and I was playing with the secret menu(service menu) functions and changed the logo from vu to hisense. Now after rebooting the logo is of hisense but the issue is that there is no way to change it back to 'vu' as the secret menu settings is not there now. Will this affect my warranty and i would to know if there is way to go back to the default logo. Already tried and failed resetting the tv.

Hi all,
I have a vu masterpiece glo qled tv and I was playing with the secret menu(service menu) functions and changed the logo from vu to hisense. Now after rebooting the logo is of hisense but the issue is that there is no way to change it back to 'vu' as the secret menu settings is not there now. Will this affect my warranty and i would to know if there is way to go back to the default logo. Already tried and failed resetting the tv.
You need gain access to service menu again. Warranty not so sure but most likely you have voided it as you are not supposed to mess with the service menu

You need gain access to service menu again. Warranty not so sure but most likely you have voided it as you are not supposed to mess with the service menu
Finally I contacted the vu support team near our area and they replaced my board. Now the s/w version also changed from M0325 to L1214 and to my surprise the motion smoothening improved greatly and also i felt the blooming is less noticable than before.

Finally I contacted the vu support team near our area and they replaced my board. Now the s/w version also changed from M0325 to L1214 and to my surprise the motion smoothening improved greatly and also i felt the blooming is less noticable than before.
Can you provide the entire firmware version? I mean the entire name for the firmware version. I would love to get the firmware sourced for this

Can you provide the entire firmware version? I mean the entire name for the firmware version. I would love to get the firmware sourced for this
Old s/w version was V0000.01.00M.M0325. After board change now the s/w version is V0000.01.00N.L1214. I guess the old version ending with M0325 was somehow related to hisense u8g as many youtubers from US where showing updates with letter 'M' while the europian variant was getting updates with letter 'L' , which makes sense as vu masterpiece glo qled is almost identical to u8gq and not u8g. Even some forums for u8gq where suggesting an improvement in smoothening after one of the updates which they got ending with 'L1029'. I may be wrong on this one.

Old s/w version was V0000.01.00M.M0325. After board change now the s/w version is V0000.01.00N.L1214. I guess the old version ending with M0325 was somehow related to hisense u8g as many youtubers from US where showing updates with letter 'M' while the europian variant was getting updates with letter 'L' , which makes sense as vu masterpiece glo qled is almost identical to u8gq and not u8g. Even some forums for u8gq where suggesting an improvement in smoothening after one of the updates which they got ending with 'L1029'. I may be wrong on this one.
I cannot find anything related to it. Sourcing this firmware will be tough

I cannot find anything related to it. Sourcing this firmware will be tough
Oh, ok. Let's hope they will release it as an OTA update. Also please try to contact their technical team ([email protected]) and see if they will release it. I already mailed them for an update before replacing the board. Hope they will hear us out.

Last edited:
V0000.01.00M.M0325 Thats to the one it came with. As I suspected they won’t be releasing it OTA.
Yea, think so. After some searching what i understand is that if vu is providing the same update from hisense then the firmware with letter 'L' is from 2021 and 'M' is for updates releasing in 2022.

Yea, think so. After some searching what i understand is that if vu is providing the same update from hisense then the firmware with letter 'L' is from 2021 and 'M' is for updates releasing in 2022.
I think the problem with VU is their MOU; had they signed a contract with Hisense to provide OTA then this issue wouldn’t arise. I don’t see the logic of not sourcing update from Hisense if they can source TV directly from them without changing anything.

Back