VU Masterpiece Glo QLED TVs Discussion Page

Yes you are right, I tried few local stores like croma, Reliance ..etc No one is having this on display.. How to buy a TV without seeing it at least ones.. Can some one help for Pune location..
Just amazon reviews. People suffered who bought. Let's see what Hisense will offer. I will get that model from croma. They are quite reliable reseller.

Yes you are right, I tried few local stores like croma, Reliance ..etc No one is having this on display.. How to buy a TV without seeing it at least ones.. Can some one help for Pune location..
Even their VU shop at Phoenix Mall does not have this model.....my 11 year old LG mis behaves at times, so I am semi seriously looking for a cheaper option, as I may shift abroad later this year.......

Sorry to know that Doctor, their sister company, TataCliq may have it, but only online. It is certainly not available even in their own VU show room in Pune at least.
Neither Tata cliq nor croma have it. Only vu online store and amazon exclusive product.

The 55incher has 28 dimming zones as per this test

A bit underwhelming - you can see the blooming during the test.

Brightness at 50% window is 700 nits - which is acceptable but not phenomenal.

Vu Glo series specs are exactly replica of Hisense u7g. It takes a lot of expertise to make TV with such specs. I think Vu glo is just Hisense U7G with sticker of Vu and may be some tweaks here and there. Overall, Hisense U7G is a good product as far as picture quality is concerned so Vu glo shd be good there. Reliability and endurance that I cannot say but a costly Tv like this shd be well made. But you never know.

Vu Glo series specs are exactly replica of Hisense u7g. It takes a lot of expertise to make TV with such specs. I think Vu glo is just Hisense U7G with sticker of Vu and may be some tweaks here and there. Overall, Hisense U7G is a good product as far as picture quality is concerned so Vu glo shd be good there. Reliability and endurance that I cannot say but a costly Tv like this shd be well made. But you never know.
Vu Glo has ips panel as per some reviews. Hisense uses only VA panels for their ULED range at least in NA market.
Also the u7g has 72 dimming zones on the 55 inches.
Hisense u7g is an excellent tv but Vu glo is not u7g.
Please don't spread baseless rumours.

Vu Glo has ips panel as per some reviews. Hisense uses only VA panels for their ULED range at least in NA market.
Also the u7g has 72 dimming zones on the 55 inches.
Hisense u7g is an excellent tv but Vu glo is not u7g.
Please don't spread baseless rumours.
How do you know Vu doesn't has 72 dimming zones? They have not mentioned it.
Also I did said I think it is so. So it was not rumor. I didn't said it is so.
Hisense panel type varies accross the complete range of sizes. And some time in same size.

Last edited:
How do you know Vu doesn't has 72 dimming zones? They have not mentioned it.
Also I did said I think it is so. So it was not rumor. I didn't said it is so.
Hisense panel type varies accross the complete range of sizes. And some time in same size.

You said the Glo spec is an exact replica of u7g.
Please quote your source for this information.
You can check the above review which counts 4 vertical colums and 7 horizontal rows giving it a total 28 dimming zones.
This forum is a valuable source of information, based on which many makes their purchase decisions.
Therefore when you make claims such the one above, pls ensure its from credible sources.

And for what it's worth, the hisense U6G sold in india matches more with u7g sold in US.
It has 72/90 dimming zones in 55/65 sizes just like u7g.
Its body also matches exactly with u7g. Only thing seems to be missing is 120hz refresh rate.

Last edited:
You can check the above review which counts 4 vertical colums and 7 horizontal rows giving it a total 28 dimming zones.
This forum is a valuable source of information, based on which many makes their purchase decisions.
Therefore when you make claims such the one above, pls ensure its from credible sources.

And for what it's worth, the hisense U6G sold in india matches more with u7g sold in US.
Its body also matches exactly with u7g. Only thing seems to be missing is 120hz refresh rate.
How do you guessed that VU glo has 28 dimming zones. I will take that info as grain of salt. That info is not from Vu.

U7g is much brighter. Indian U6g has been tested and it's brightness is around 500 nits same as the US version.

U6G Indian version is not as bright as U7G.

How do you guessed that VU glo has 28 dimming zones. I will take that info as grain of salt. That info is not from Vu.
It's not a guess. I have seen the review where the dimming zones were tested and found that it has 28 zones.
So unless you provide proof to the contrary, your claim about the Vu Glo being a rebranded U7g is completely misleading.

Last edited:
U7g is much brighter. Indian U6g has been tested and it's brightness is around 500 nits same as the US version.

U6G Indian version is not as bright as U7G.
U6G in India has a peak brightness of 700 nits.
What I said is, India version of U6g is very close to U7G than U6G that's sold in NA.

U6G in India has a peak brightness of 700 nits.
What I said is, India version of U6g is very close to U7G than U6G that's sold in NA.
U7G is 1000 nits. U6G the US version does goes to 700 nits but in highlights only.
Yes but extra dimming zones are good thing.

Hello,

How much better is this TV compared to Hisense U6G? I have a pretty tight budget of around 55k-60k. I’d like to stick to it unless the VU Masterpiece is that much better. Help me make a decision guys.

Hello,

How much better is this TV compared to Hisense U6G? I have a pretty tight budget of around 55k-60k. I’d like to stick to it unless the VU Masterpiece is that much better. Help me make a decision guys.
Just today I was seeing randomly in YouTube where a presenter claims 72 dimming zones but majority of the comments were rebutting the claim saying 84. To paraphrase a Shakespearean quote, "a rose smells just as good even if it were to be called something else". So I would suggest large screens will give an immersive experience even if has less jet black picture quality.
Any idea on long term review on this model?

Hello, Do you think its worth taking Extended warranty for 1 year from 3rd to 4th year on this for 15,000 additional cost?
Thats your call but in Vu's case if you feel you might think if the TV works fine for 4 years, it is a bonus, then go for 15k extended warranty. Else after 3 years you are going to replace the TV with a better branded one, then don't. Your preowned resale value will not change even if extended warranty is there.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back