VU Masterpiece Qled series opinions

sunster

Anyone have the VU Qled Masterpiece series TV ? How’s the TV. After sales etc ? Interested in this TV but need to check first. Thanks.

I have bought it to use as a dumb TV, to be driven by Nvidia shield!
Surprisingly, the TV performs acceptable with its own software.
This is my 3rd Vu TV after 55", 43" and this 75"! (All of them are still working! as dumb displays)

About this model, The display, VRR, 4K 120 works without any issues, matching the top 3 brands.
Pros:
1. Really good display for bright viewing environments.
2. UI is responsive and nearly all the apps I tried work.
3. TV and remote build is excellent.
4. After sales support is good. (See below as well)

But this comes at corners cut! (I won't say this as Cons factoring the price I paid)
1. Local dimming zones are few! Dark room watching is certainly not recommended.
2. Software is not upto mark! Old android and No updates (Still none for my 55" which is 6 yrs old)
3. Sound system is nowhere close to the advertised values! Get a sound bar or HT.
4. VRR and local dimming doesnt work simulataneously!
5. After sales support is limited (Its awesome with what they can do! anything above results in 404!)

Best!

Hi Thirumalkumaran. Thanks for the inputs. That really helps. I am also planning to use it as a dumb display. Will be connecting a Fire TV 4K max and a NVIDIA shield tv pro to it. Don’t really care about the inbuilt software etc as long as the display holds good. Will be hooking it up to a PS5 and this is the cheapest 4K 120hz display there is right now. Maybe Hisense also have some models but I don’t want to venture in that direction. The price point is excellent for what they offer. How many years since you have your VUs now ?

I was going back and forth from the 75 and the 65 inch. Finally closed on the 65inch. Somehow found the 65 inch clearer and easier on the eyes.

Hi Thirumalkumaran. Thanks for the inputs. That really helps. I am also planning to use it as a dumb display. Will be connecting a Fire TV 4K max and a NVIDIA shield tv pro to it. Don’t really care about the inbuilt software etc as long as the display holds good. Will be hooking it up to a PS5 and this is the cheapest 4K 120hz display there is right now. Maybe Hisense also have some models but I don’t want to venture in that direction. The price point is excellent for what they offer. How many years since you have your VUs now ?
55" 6 years
43" 4 years
75" 4 months

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back