VU Masterpiece Glo A.K.A. Hisense U8GQ

I have a 75QMP (2022 model) purchased just a few months ago. There were minor bugs like TV randomly restarting like once in a week. The VU support tech came today (09/May - 5 PM) to my house and said we will 'upgrade' your TV software. I was skeptical and unwilling because it will take a lot of time afterwards to reconfigure and login into apps on TV. But Vu guy insisted on upgrading the software.

ISSUES post Vu guys upgraded the software:

1. The TV software version he supposedly upgraded, in reality 'downgraded' the kernel version of my TV to a build of Year 2021. Earlier the kernel version installed from factory was of Year 2022 (asthe TV model I purchased is a 2022 model). The model 75QMP I purchased is a 2022 model TV. Not sure what these Vu guys installed on my TV today. It has seriously screwed up things.

2. I can clearly notice reduction in the quality of picture and videos now after the TV software change. Prior to this upgrade (downgrade), the quality of images and videos was much better. Now, not so good.

3. After this so-called upgrade (actual downgrade), the TV is now NOT supporting features like VRR or ALLM (checked with Playstation 5). Prior to this software upgrade/downgrade, all things were working fine till yesterday.

Very upset.

I have a 75QMP (2022 model) purchased just a few months ago. There were minor bugs like TV randomly restarting like once in a week. The VU support tech came today (09/May - 5 PM) to my house and said we will 'upgrade' your TV software. I was skeptical and unwilling because it will take a lot of time afterwards to reconfigure and login into apps on TV. But Vu guy insisted on upgrading the software.

ISSUES post Vu guys upgraded the software:

1. The TV software version he supposedly upgraded, in reality 'downgraded' the kernel version of my TV to a build of Year 2021. Earlier the kernel version installed from factory was of Year 2022 (asthe TV model I purchased is a 2022 model). The model 75QMP I purchased is a 2022 model TV. Not sure what these Vu guys installed on my TV today. It has seriously screwed up things.

2. I can clearly notice reduction in the quality of picture and videos now after the TV software change. Prior to this upgrade (downgrade), the quality of images and videos was much better. Now, not so good.

3. After this so-called upgrade (actual downgrade), the TV is now NOT supporting features like VRR or ALLM (checked with Playstation 5). Prior to this software upgrade/downgrade, all things were working fine till yesterday.

Very upset.
Hi Abhishek, I think this is your review in amazon & you've given exceptional service rating for VU support team. Glad your issue got sorted out. How's the tv performing now?

https://www.amazon.in/gp/customer-r...viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B09TBCKPLF#R4KL0MD9I4HTL

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back