want budget floor standers around 30K

wnrao

i am planning to buy NAD Amp 355BEE or Norge (yet to audition) ie amp with an output of 100 W.
i am looking for budget floor standers as bass is important to me along with over all sound quality.
i listen to Rock(hard n soft) pink floyd, bon jovi, deep purple, bryan adams, bruce springsteen, rod stewart r some of my fav bands. i also listen to country, pop, bollywood music.

after looking around in the forums i understand, mission, wharfedale, mordaunt short have some good entry level floor standers around 30K. pl suggest good FS speakers for my above music choice.

thanks in advance,

narsimha

Last edited:
i am planning to buy NAD Amp 355BEE or Norge (yet to audition) ie amp with an output of 100 W.
i am looking for budget floor standers as bass is important to me along with over all sound quality.
i listen to Rock(hard n soft) pink floyd, bon jovi, deep purple, bryan adams, bruce springsteen, rod stewart r some of my fav bands. i also listen to country, pop, bollywood music.

after looking around in the forums i understand, mission, wharfedale, mordaunt short have some good entry level floor standers around 30K. pl suggest good FS speakers for my above music choice.

thanks in advance,

narsimha

Rao:

You cannot go wrong with the following FS -

1. Wharf. Diamond 9.5
2. MS 906i

Both have excellent synergy with NAD components, and both below your budget. Hear both and select what your ears and heart likes the most.:)

I suggest for your buget a good bookshelf can also be a good option.
Try & give various bookshelf spk's as well.
All the best.
Cheers.

At this budget, a bookshelf is a better bet. Try and audition as many bookshelves you can find in your city and then decide. You can take magma's budget speaker audition thread as a reference too.

In that price range apart from wharfedale & Mordaunt Short last month ProFx was doing clearance sale of KEF IQ5 for about 25k the speakers where worth 36k before that. You can contact Profx in your city to check whether the sale still exists.

Though KEF IQ5 is not exactly the speakers you need since it lacks bass.

Among Mordaunt Short Avant & Wharfedale I think you would like Wharfedale Diamonds more since those speakers have a touch more bass than Avants

Among bookshelves you can look at

Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2 27k
Epos M12.2(not sure about the price of this though)
Monitor Audio BR2 around 20k
PSB (forgot the model name) around 24k
B&W 685 around 39k

I would also suggest you to check Polk(at ProFx showrooms) speakers as well since you prefer bass though personally I dont like these speakers.

budget floorstanders ive liked

the MS 906 are good
The warfedales 9.6 are better ( and yes they can be got at 30 k here maybe a small bit more!)

but INMO the C405 from Jamo pretty much wins at 29-30k

there is also the PSB Alpha towers you can consider and the PSB image towers too if budget allows

Last edited:
IF the Jamo C405s are indeed available at 29 K as somebody here mentioned then they have to be bought! They are lovely speakers - very balanced and if vocals are important among the best at that price range.

budget floorstanders ive liked

the MS 906 are good
The warfedales 9.6 are better ( and yes they can be got at 30 k here maybe a small bit more!)

but INMO the C405 from Jamo pretty much wins at 29-30k

there is also the PSB Alpha towers you can consider and the PSB image towers too if budget allows

i suppose i need to choose between wharfedale 9 series or PSB towers eventhough MS 906 is a good speaker.
i head read few times in the forums that PSB matches very well with nad. can any1 give approx price of PSB FS speakers.
i am not loooking at book shelves as i need to spend for stands and setting up book shelves, i beleive some care is required . i dont want get into those complications

i suppose i need to choose between wharfedale 9 series or PSB towers eventhough MS 906 is a good speaker.
i head read few times in the forums that PSB matches very well with nad. can any1 give approx price of PSB FS speakers.
i am not loooking at book shelves as i need to spend for stands and setting up book shelves, i beleive some care is required . i dont want get into those complications

Any particular reason you are not looking at the Jamo Concert Series speakers?

Also none of the PSB Towers except the Alpha come within your budget.

Any particular reason you are not looking at the Jamo Concert Series speakers?

Also none of the PSB Towers except the Alpha come within your budget.

well, i would also like to audition jamo , if they r good n within my budget. i should check if they r available in hydbad in that price n for audition

nope
i doubt e zone will have the c series.
they have the cheaper s series though

Yep I guess that could be true coz I have never heard any decent speaker set at E-zone till date.

CINERAMA PRIVATE LIMITED
16-A Industrial Suburb 2Nd Stage, Yeshwanthur, Tumkur Road
Bangalore, India
560 022
INDIA
[email protected]
Phone: +91 80-233 70 220

Did not see any dealers for Jamo in Hyderabad but you can contact these people and see if there is any showroom in your city selling these I got this contact info from the Jamo site they are the main dealers/distributors for Jamo in India.

Also note that 29-30k is the price quote i got through an aquaintence who was a friend of the dealer.

im pretty sure you will be hard pressed to find such a deal in another city

DIY speakers based on Audio Nirvana drive units available from commonsense audio are excellent value for money,I've listened to some outstanding floorstanders based on the 8" and 12" drive units

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back