Want to buy 50'' Plasma, any advices?

gurgopal

Hi ,
Which is a better Plasma TV in the budget range of Rs 60 to 75k from picture quality point of view? Samsung 51 D550 is 51 inch screen having 3D features while Panasonic 50U20 is 50 inches screen without 3D. Samsung costs Rs 70k while Panasonic costs Rs 62k. Both are full HD (1080p). Samsung besides 3D also offers USB port which can play mkv files. USB port is not inportant to me because I use Seagate Theatre plus which can play all file formats. My only concern is which TV can offer best picture quality and which is more durable. Alternatively can anyone suggest me any other brand having 50 inch screen in the price range of Rs 60k to 75k?
Waiting fo an early response. Thanks

Panasonic is supposed to be better than Samsung. Why dont you demo both.

LG Plasma is also one but PQ is supposed to be lowest ( I have a LG )........

But in real world scenario i suppose these mean little if you are not a video file and also don't have a good source ( Mind you Seagate Theatre plus is not a good source ) . Good source is A excellent Blu-ray player + BD like Oppo BDP-93 and a Avatar Blu ray disc.

What I am trying to say is that Unless source is excellent you wont notice the difference in PQ that much.

My 2 cents go for Panasonic. Avoid 3d charm for New TVs, There isn;t much content available and Players cost are high now.

Panasonic Pq is best among 3 contenders.

If you like Samsung go for a Non 3d model to save cost.

I am from Delhi too, if you need any help PM me and we can discuss over phone

Among Sony, Samsung, Panasonic & LG I will rate Panasonic on top. The picture quality is excellent with real life like colours. If you are from Delhi then I would suggest you to Demo the TV in GIP Mall Noida. The dealer there gives you really good demo with low lights in his showroom. Usually in other Showrooms, the light is so bright that Plasma looks a little dull as compared to LED/LCD. But you wont have that bright light in your Home so Plasma will do just great. I have taken detailed demo of all of the mention brands and found Panasonic having excellent picture quality.

3D, if you are enthusiastic then go for samsung/lg. Sources are very well available. In few of the other threads also i saw ppl saying 3D sources are not available. If you buy BDs then check amazon UK and you will get plenty of BDs.

If you download movies then 3D movies are already available. I am waiting for LG LW6500 47" to launch and i will be first person to buy it. But before that I have more than 25 3D movies. Even if you watch the trailers of new coming movies then you will find plenty of movies coming in 3D. Its the latest technology and why not opt it? What i feel is, if a person is buying a TV now he should go for 3D. In few months you will see many movies coming in 3D and then you will repent why you didnt buy a 3D TV.

Rest is up to you. Think before buying. If 2D then my vote to Panasonic. If 3D then increase your budget and get Samsung or LG.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

@ akhil7j : Just wondering, have you tried to play the 3d downloaded content to a 3d TV. if yes what was the source. I mean the Player. At demo the shop must have used a Blu-ray player with a real 3d Blu-Ray Disc.

What is the reality, Is 2d to 3d Conversion really working ?

Pardon my ignorance I am out of TV game for some time since I bought my plasma last year.

May be I need to demo a 3d TV as well ?

@ akhil7j : Just wondering, have you tried to play the 3d downloaded content to a 3d TV. if yes what was the source. I mean the Player. At demo the shop must have used a Blu-ray player with a real 3d Blu-Ray Disc.

What is the reality, Is 2d to 3d Conversion really working ?

Pardon my ignorance I am out of TV game for some time since I bought my plasma last year.

May be I need to demo a 3d TV as well ?

Hi Jitin,

The 3D downloaded content is Half/Full Side by Side. Its a normal mkv file which can be played at any media player. I copied the movies in my external drive and connected it straight with the TV. The TV played it flawlessly. And 3D was great. If you have a media player, you can enjoy watching Side by Side 3D movies. Even you can find full 3D BD ISOs on internet. I downloaded few and those can be player with PowerDVD11 if you have a 3D TV.

People say LG cinema 3D does very well 2D to 3D conversion. But for me, its nor worth a penny. I will not watch the normal 2D content in 3D. Its just stupid.

If you need a demo of 3D TV then LG Cinema 3D is what you should demo. The other 3D TVs have Active shutter technology and you have to wear those bulky uncomfy glasses which gives too much strain to your eyes. But LG Cinema 3D has passive 3D and the glasses are ultra light weight Polaroid glasses. I am buying 47" LG Cinema 3D which is launching this Sunday. Even yesterday i went for the demo and it was excellent. The best part is, in LG cinema 3D you wont loose the brightness of picture. The TV is worth every penny.

After reading another post on the same, My eyes are set on Plasma 3d from LG. Cost to that user was 62K for 55 inch Plasma, In any case I favor Plasma over LCD / LED any day..........

^

Supra purchased that tv in the united states. :rolleyes: we could only get remote and tv stand for that price here :lol:.

^

Supra purchased that tv in the united states. :rolleyes: we could only get remote and tv stand for that price here :lol:.

In a hurry I missed that it was a demo piece in US. But good news is that its not 62 K india so I can wait for Prices to come down, More content to be available and go for a HD projector In the mean while that I always wanted.

After reading another post on the same, My eyes are set on Plasma 3d from LG. Cost to that user was 62K for 55 inch Plasma, In any case I favor Plasma over LCD / LED any day..........

Then wait for some more time. LG has not launched Cinema 3D in Plasmas. The Active 3D is good but with those bulky glasses you cannot watch a single movie i think. On top of that you will loose the brightness and the crosstalk/sync issues will bug you big time.

and go for a HD projector In the mean while that I always wanted.
Contact me in case you are interested in a used Panasonic PT-AE2000U 1080p projector. The projector is not only in excellent condition, but it also has a new lamp with only a few hundred hrs of usage. My reason for wanting to sell it is that I now also have a Panasonic PT-AE4000 projector.

Contact me in case you are interested in a used Panasonic PT-AE2000U 1080p projector. The projector is not only in excellent condition, but it also has a new lamp with only a few hundred hrs of usage. My reason for wanting to sell it is that I now also have a Panasonic PT-AE4000 projector.

Sent a PM, Please check.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back