Water Damage to Denon 2700H

manofx

Hi Everyone, I bought 2700H like 7 months ago and suddenly I started facing boot loop issue since I click update from APP

After all attempts I decided to send the device to service center

Now the service guy saying Water damage happened and burned the main board .. I Denied it as water damage never happened

He is saying it can happen even due to moist conditions .. Here hardly temperature reaches 24C not less than that

Does anyone faced similar issue ?? I have no clue if the service guy is really telling the truth or making some drama

They says since its water damage its out of warranty and I have to pay money to get it repair !

Now the service guy saying Water damage happened and burned the main board .. I Denied it as water damage never happened
Ask him to show you that the board is water/moisture damaged. If it's genuinely moisture damaged, you can easily see it on the PCB. Please take a photo of the PCB and send it to Denon support for their feedback.

He is saying it can happen even due to moist conditions .. Here hardly temperature reaches 24C not less than that

Does anyone faced similar issue ?? I have no clue if the service guy is really telling the truth or making some drama

They says since its water damage its out of warranty and I have to pay money to get it repair !
The service center may be trying to wash their hands (pun intended) off this issue. If it is due to the weather conditions then you are not at fault.

Last edited:
Ask him to show you that the board is water/moisture damaged. If it's genuinely moisture damaged, you can easily see it on the PCB. Please take a photo of the PCB and send it to Denon supCapture-min.pngport for their feedback.
He sents me this image bro .. I dont know if its my board or someone else board .. how to make sure its mine ??

Last edited:
Service guy just called me and says it can cost around 15k ... If I reject his offer I need to pay 1500rs service charger as the company rejects it out of warranty !

He sents me this image bro .. I dont know if its my board or someone else board .. how to make sure its mine ??
How to make sure it's mine? Whenever you send any electronics for repair, especially when not in warranty, either to company or outside, open up unit and sign with a marker on all the boards that you can see or are accessible. When you get it back you will know which boards he supposedly replaced as repair and which boards he's swapped with other units to repair theirs.

Try seeing if any other boards or connectors exhibit the same moisture pattern in the Denon. If the fault is not from your side , you should email Denon directly. Going by the service centre's logic, your other electronics should also have malfunctioned.

Hi Everyone, I bought 2700H like 7 months ago and suddenly I started facing boot loop issue since I click update from APP

After all attempts I decided to send the device to service center

I can easily say this is cheating. They are trying to rip you off. Escalate to Denon directly.

Service guy just called me and says it can cost around 15k ... If I reject his offer I need to pay 1500rs service charger as the company rejects it out of warranty !
This is not Good. Could you please mention the name of service centre doing this?

It is a rip off. Obviously they want to wash their hands off your AVR.
Tell them that you want the old board they replace returned since technically it belongs to you.
Sometimes if you refuse service they might remove any good board and replace it with a non working board.
Go suddenly and say you want the avr back or whatever you decide.
The aim here is to get back your AVR as it was before you gave it.
Do let everyone know of these crooks to denon and escalate it.

PLEASE DONT FIGHT WITH THEM. THEY MIGHT TAKE IT ON YOUR AVR. THE AIM IS TO GET THE AVR SAFELY.

This is not Good. Could you please mention the name of service centre doing this?
Pavan electronics Vizag bro .. They kept my device for 30 days only to tell it got water damage .. now he is asking another 2 more months if want it get repaired ..

I have no clue how these people even get jobs

Pavan electronics Vizag bro .. They kept my device for 30 days only to tell it got water damage .. now he is asking another 2 more months if want it get repaired ..

I think he is taking you for a ride in the name of moisture. You should escalate this to Denon directly. But first try to get the avr back from him before he says some other part also needs to be replaced.
If Denon also does not do anything then try to get it repaired from a well recommended local technical person.
It sure is painful when you have paid your hard earned money for it.

In vizag where you bought this avr. With vardhman or chicago. Do you informed them.

I think he is taking you for a ride in the name of moisture. You should escalate this to Denon directly. But first try to get the avr back from him before he says some other part also needs to be replaced.
If Denon also does not do anything then try to get it repaired from a well recommended local technical person.
It sure is painful when you have paid your hard earned money for it.
I tried to escalate the issue to denon PTC -

His name as Deepak from PTC Escalate Person .. I think he is the most useless person I ever met ..

He dont even want to listen what I am trying to explain .. He keep saying I have to do what service people says me and charge me .. He is like I dont have right to question ..

I am wondering what the point of escalation job for him them

I tried to escalate the issue to denon PTC -

His name as Deepak from PTC Escalate Person .. I think he is the most useless person I ever met ..

He dont even want to listen what I am trying to explain .. He keep saying I have to do what service people says me and charge me .. He is like I dont have right to question ..

I am wondering what the point of escalation job for him them
PTC is the dealer for Denon in India. Pls try escalating with Denon US and Asia. You can put it on Twitter too tagging them including PTC.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back