Waves in pull down screens

Here is the picture of wall facing the PJ! You can see the pull-down screen and Front Speakers. The black thing in lower portion of picture is my Sony Grand Wega RPTV covered in black cloth!
The screen is 120 inch 16:9 manual pulldown Liberty Grandview screen. Its semi-automatic in the sense that it has self-lock and slow self-return. I got it from Abhi Projection, Delhi for 18K. Its very heavy and installing it was a mammoth task which required simultaneous efforts of three men. Unfortunately the installers did not use spirit meter. I hope its as horizontal as it needs to be!
Also notice the black nylon strings I have attached to handle for pulling the screen. Its too high for my hands!

Attachments

• 3 - Screen Closed.jpg
    3 - Screen Closed.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Here is a picture of my RPTV with black cloth removed! You can see the Center Speaker directly behind the RPTV and Bass Speaker on the side.
My RPTV is 50 inch 720p Sony 3LCD Grand Wega which has been serving me very well without any problems since almost past 5 years now! Picture quality is great (even better than PJ) and I continue to use it even after my PJ setup. I only see movies using PJ if I think they are worth it (blockbusters or having great cinematography etc), otherwise for "usual" movies I use my RPTV. This may sound unbelievable but I easily see around 20-30 movies a month. I do work like everyone else but also do make time for watching movies.

Attachments

• 4 - RPTV Speakers.jpg
    4 - RPTV Speakers.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 104
Here is picture of PJ setup in action! (Photo was taken with flash on)
As you can see, in 16:9 screen, I have slid the 2.35:1 picture right to bottom of the screen. The idea is to bring the center of projected picture as much as possible to my eye level. I cannot pull the screen/picture further down for the same, otherwise my RPTV will obstruct the picture.
Also please note that RPTV is covered in black cloth, which makes it almost invisible while viewing PJ picture in dark!

Attachments

• 5 - Screen Open.jpg
    5 - Screen Open.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 104
Here is the photo of PJ in action with flash off! This is how it looks while watching movies. Though its not evident from photo but projected picture quality looks very good!
I thank you all once again for invaluable advice and suggestions provided to me on the forum and thus making my setup plans a success! Cheers and best wishes! :)

Attachments

• 6 - Movie.jpg
    6 - Movie.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 105
Congratulations rshri! Which is the first movie you watched on your new screen?
The pictures are detailed and I am able to visualize your room from these.

Enjoy!!

Thanks aloklala! First thing that I watched on my PJ is 'Avatar' (though I haad seen it before). Experience was great! It was like being immersed in world of Pandora in comfort of my recliner :)

Rshri,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pictures. You have done very well, given the limited space and constraints you have. Its very well rewarded by the picture and quality.

One thing that amuses me. How the picture looks so great on the projector and screen compared to LCD. Even the big LCD screens like 80" don't have the oomph of the picture through projector. May be its just me, but that's how I get the feeling looking at the projected picture.

Congratulations again. :clapping:

Last edited:
Screen

Rshri,

Congratulations for getting into the world of mighty projector. A great way to watch movies.

I will suggest you consider to remove the nylon string because it is spoiling the grace of your screen.

Instead you can use a small stool at the edge of your room door to pull down the screen. This will not be much of a problem as you are using the projector less.

V.

Here is the picture of wall facing the PJ!
Also notice the black nylon strings I have attached to handle for pulling the screen. Its too high for my hands!

Last edited:
Or get a stick with hook at the end (Similar to what they use in cloth stores to hang clothes on top) to pull it down. You can hide the stick in a corner when not in use very easily. :D

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back