Waves in pull down screens

Guys, would you recommend any Optoma/Panaview screen dealers in NCR region? I want to enquire about grey screens with them.
If grey is not available then I will settle for Grandview's matt white.

::: Welcome to Optoma Asia :::

From this link I took the phone no of the person, called him and he gave no. of the Delhi dealer which turned out to be abhi projection only. Since I knew that I didnt call the person and asked for Optoma screens. You can call and ask for it but most likely he wont be having the grey screen otherwise he would have mentioned.

I have almost decided on buying Liberty Grandview cnv series manual pull down screen 92" matte white @ 6700 Rs.

Last edited:
I am about to pull the trigger for 18K 120" Grandview CNV Manual with 'speed reducing' (Matt White). Please let me know of you final advice on my decision.

In my fixed screen as per link, i am having black color velvet at borders of the screen and it looks very good.

Projection screens for movies or gaming!

V.
3D_HOME_INSTALLATION21.jpg

Masking is the black border, usually very light absorbent material like Velvet. People put it around the screen image area. The black border on my screen is the mask.

Guys, Since I am unable to get grey screen, I am now getting my room painted with dark colors (earlier it was all white and yellowish white). Hopefully, this will improve picture quality and black levels in matte-white screen.

Since installation would be done by the dealer itself pics of unpacking might not be possible but I would post the pics once the setup is ready.
Oh! So you have bought from Chandigarh dealer! I thought you have procured screen from Delhi.
While installation, please ask dealer to use spirit/bubble level to ensure perfectly horizontal installation as advised by forum members in this thread. When are you expecting installation to be done?

Oh! So you have bought from Chandigarh dealer! I thought you have procured screen from Delhi.
While installation, please ask dealer to use spirit/bubble level to ensure perfectly horizontal installation as advised by forum members in this thread. When are you expecting installation to be done?

The dealer looks professional so I believe he would install the screen perfectly but I would tell him to install it perfectly from my side also. :D

Installation might be done in about 1 week. Lets see.

Screen installation was completed today at my home. Screen was quiet heavy and it took 3 guys to handle and install it. I am glad now that I didn't import the screen. I couldn't have installed it myself.
Sadly, they did not use bubble level while installing.

Which screen did you buy?

Also a doubt just crept in mind. What would happen to 4:3 content if 16:9 content fits totally on screen. Would it go outside the screen area?

I bought this-
Products - Grandview
This has self-lock and slow auto return.
How 4:3 content will be displayed depends on your setting at media player. All of these are possible -
1) Black vertical bars in left and right (I would prefer this over other options)
2) Zoomed picture, so that top and bottom portion are cut
3) 4:3 squished to 16:9

I do hope that lack of usage of bubble level doesn't introduce waves later. Right now everything is perfect :)

Which screen did you buy?

Also a doubt just crept in mind. What would happen to 4:3 content if 16:9 content fits totally on screen. Would it go outside the screen area?

Usually, people tend use the same height as 16:9 screen. So, you will have black side bars on the screen. That way, you won't have to zoom between 16:9 and 4:3 on the projector.

Black side bars is not an issue. I thought that if 16:9 content fits perfectly well on the screen 4:3 content might go outside the screen! Thankfully thats not the case.

The screen should be installed tomorrow. Lets see.

I was earlier thinking to ceiling mount the screen. But the person said that he would wall mount it. Because incase it is ceiling mounted it wont be much stable when the fan is switched on! How true is that?

I do not have any major issue in getting it wall mounted except that I would have to go for ordinary curtains instead of fancy ones!

Last edited:
Black side bars is not an issue. I thought that if 16:9 content fits perfectly well on the screen 4:3 content might go outside the screen! Thankfully thats not the case.

The screen should be installed tomorrow. Lets see.

I was earlier thinking to ceiling mount the screen. But the person said that he would wall mount it. Because incase it is ceiling mounted it wont be much stable when the fan is switched on! How true is that?

I do not have any major issue in getting it wall mounted except that I would have to go for ordinary curtains instead of fancy ones!

Both are stable provided he does the right job.

In both cases if you use the fan only problem you face is the screen will slightly swing and viewing will get little distracted, so try to use the AC while watching PJ.

Ceiling mounting is advantage in another way when you want to install TV in the wall it will not hinder. So my advice is to mount in ceiling at-least 1 feet from the end. You can hide the Screen presence too if you mount it on ceiling. See my setup or rightnow under construction of cmsajith http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/22105-my-livingroom-cum-theaterroom-cum-listeningroom.html

Both are stable provided he does the right job.

In both cases if you use the fan only problem you face is the screen will slightly swing and viewing will get little distracted, so try to use the AC while watching PJ.

Ohk. So he was right to a certain extent. Fan does affect the screen.

Ceiling mounting is advantage in another way when you want to install TV in the wall it will not hinder. So my advice is to mount in ceiling at-least 1 feet from the end. You can hide the Screen presence too if you mount it on ceiling. See my setup or rightnow under construction of cmsajith http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/22105-my-livingroom-cum-theaterroom-cum-listeningroom.html

The wall opposite to projector is not a wall but a complete glass window so TV can't be installed there. So no issues with that. I would again tomorrow confirm the feasibility of ceiling mount when the screen is being installed. Where can I view your setup?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back