Waves in pull down screens

I was away on vacation for few days and could not reply sooner to your posts!

I think its time to not to get confused any further and simple place order for Liberty (aka Grandview?) silver grey screen for me.

@Anm - You are from NCR. If you have come to some decision and want to place order maybe we can consult each other regarding best possible deal available for us here.

I also have to buy a screen and I would probably buy the grey one only. So before you buy do let me know also. I would like to buy locally due to installation issues but if there is a good difference in price I can consider buying from New Delhi as well as part of some group buy!

I would like to buy locally due to installation issues but if there is a good difference in price I can consider buying from New Delhi as well as part of some group buy!
Sanchit, you should buy locally unless the group buy dealer ships to your place. Screens are very heavy and are prone to damage because of their length. Also, you should inspect the screen at the dealer's place before you get it home as some screens may have wrinkles already - can't remember who but a member faced this issue.

they have a display/ demo place in tilak nagar. If I happen to be there some weekend, I will have a look. Of course we can convert it into a group buy.

Sanchit, you should buy locally unless the group buy dealer ships to your place. Screens are very heavy and are prone to damage because of their length. Also, you should inspect the screen at the dealer's place before you get it home as some screens may have wrinkles already - can't remember who but a member faced this issue.

Thanks! Thats very useful information. Then I would try to buy it locally only and save myself from installation hassles.

I was away on vacation for few days and could not reply sooner to your posts!

I think its time to not to get confused any further and simple place order for Liberty (aka Grandview?) silver grey screen for me.

@Anm - You are from NCR. If you have come to some decision and want to place order maybe we can consult each other regarding best possible deal available for us here.

Rshri,
I bought a Digicomp screen 10x12, white matt, gain +1, for 9k in Bangalore. Hae had no problems with it over the past 4 months.See pic....
http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-...igms-have-shifted-my-house-my-new-set-up.html

The screen looks wonderful with the sherlock holmes picture. The screens have black borders but what happens if the projected image is smaller than the screen?

Any way to make the projected image to fit the screen?

Sanchit,

If that's the case, I would suggest finding a way to put some masks on. Masking does boost the perceived contrast a lot. Without it, the picture will NOT look punchy.

Masking is the black border, usually very light absorbent material like Velvet. People put it around the screen image area. The black border on my screen is the mask.

On pulldown screens, its bit tough to add masks. One way is to use very thin, sticky velvet tape on the screen area. If properly done, then it does work even with rollup and rolldown of screen. The second option is to build thermocol masks with velvet on top and attach it with pins to the screen before watching.

You may decide to do away with it and not use the masks too. But it does add a nice punchier look to the image.

@rshri and anm

Have you decided anything about the screen? I might be visiting Delhi this weekend so I am hoping to do some demo in Delhi and maybe even buy a screen if it is feasible.

One address I have which is mentioned in this thread. Where else can I check projector screens in Delhi and what all brands. Would not like to spend more than about 8,000 rs for a Grey/matte white, 100" 16:9 screen.

@rshri and anm

Have you decided anything about the screen? I might be visiting Delhi this weekend so I am hoping to do some demo in Delhi and maybe even buy a screen if it is feasible.

One address I have which is mentioned in this thread. Where else can I check projector screens in Delhi and what all brands. Would not like to spend more than about 8,000 rs for a Grey/matte white, 100" 16:9 screen.
Sorry, I have been busy with work after my vacations so could not proceed with this.
Will you be visiting Gurgaon? There is shop there called "Snob Shop"
Phone : (O) 124-6467662 (M) 9999767077
Showroom Address : Sf-3, Second Floor Mgf Metropolitan Mall, Mg Road, Dlf Phase 2, Gurgaon, India
I have myself not been there but know someone who bought and setup his whole PJ/Screen from their help. Not sure whether they will offer best prices though. I think the best prices may only be offered by wholesale dealers like Tushar @ 9311261555. Check with him on where to go for demo for his offerings.
So you have decided on 100"? I have myself not made up my mind on size yet.

Sorry, I have been busy with work after my vacations so could not proceed with this.
Will you be visiting Gurgaon? There is shop there called "Snob Shop"
Phone : (O) 124-6467662 (M) 9999767077
Showroom Address : Sf-3, Second Floor Mgf Metropolitan Mall, Mg Road, Dlf Phase 2, Gurgaon, India
I have myself not been there but know someone who bought and setup his whole PJ/Screen from their help. Not sure whether they will offer best prices though. I think the best prices may only be offered by wholesale dealers like Tushar @ 9311261555. Check with him on where to go for demo for his offerings.

I am particularly interested in auditioning a Grey screen. I checked with 2 dealers yesterday and both advised against the grey screen. Though I believe grey would work well for me so would like to see once before buying. Any idea if Snob shop or tushar or any other has grey in audition?

So you have decided on 100"? I have myself not made up my mind on size yet.

The room size is 12 X 12 feet. I am considering 10 ft as the throw distance. Projector central tells me that at 10 ft distance the image would be about 90" diagonal. So now I am considering buying a 92" screen.

Why buy a bigger screen which would remain empty.

And as far as your original query about the thread was concerned read this about the grandview screens.

NjaNB.jpg

Have to buy a Projector mount as well. Have kind of shortlisted these 2 models-

Tono PWM 1 Projector Mount | eBay

This one looks more aesthetic and more sturdy as well. However only ceiling mount and size adjustment seem to be limited.

Second option is this-

TILT CEILING+WALL MOUNT HOLDER FOR LCD HD DLP PROJECTOR | eBay

Quality doesnt look very good but has more customization options. Ceiling and wall mount as well more customisable in size.

Which one seems to be a better deal?

I am particularly interested in auditioning a Grey screen. I checked with 2 dealers yesterday and both advised against the grey screen. Though I believe grey would work well for me so would like to see once before buying. Any idea if Snob shop or tushar or any other has grey in audition?
I wonder why dealers are so much against grey screens. Lesser profit margins maybe?
I am not sure whether Snob Shop has a grey screen ready for demo. Better call them and ask.
Though I have not auditioned a grey screen, I am pretty much convinced that its the right choice for me. My conclusion is based on my current projection over wall. The darker portions of wall are producing better contrast pictures.

Have to buy a Projector mount as well. Have kind of shortlisted these 2 models-

Tono PWM 1 Projector Mount | eBay

This one looks more aesthetic and more sturdy as well. However only ceiling mount and size adjustment seem to be limited.

Second option is this-

TILT CEILING+WALL MOUNT HOLDER FOR LCD HD DLP PROJECTOR | eBay

Quality doesnt look very good but has more customization options. Ceiling and wall mount as well more customisable in size.

Which one seems to be a better deal?

You need to decide based on your ceiling height. You need a mount with long shaft/drop if your ceiling is high.
First one looks better though.

Folks

I am looking for a fixed frame 16:9 screen 106' size in pune. Can you suggest a suitable option. I am going to use it with panasonic AE-4000

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back