Waves in pull down screens

Goyal,

Congratulations for the screen.

I think in most cases the screen is mounted on ceiling so ideally a ceiling mount could be better.

Is it possible to shift the ceiling fan around 2 or 3 feet more towards your sitting area? Does the room have a air condition?

V.

I was earlier thinking to ceiling mount the screen. But the person said that he would wall mount it. Because incase it is ceiling mounted it wont be much stable when the fan is switched on! How true is that?

Goyal,

Congratulations for the screen.

I think in most cases the screen is mounted on ceiling so ideally a ceiling mount could be better.

Is it possible to shift the ceiling fan around 2 or 3 feet more towards your sitting area? Does the room have a air condition?

V.

Finally got the screen installed today! :yahoo:

However it was not without any difficulties.

Firstly I had ordered a Liberty Grandview screen and had specifically sent the model no. via sms to the dealer so that the wrong screen is not ordered.

However when the person came to install the screen today I was surprised to see that it was Panoview instead of Grandview.

I said that to the person but he did not know much about it. I called the person and he said that the model name is Panoview but screen is same! :lol:

I explained to him that Panoview is made by Optoma while Liberty Grandview is a completely different company so the screens are different. He seemed clueless and said would call me after 5 minutes. What I think the case was that the dealer didnt know much and he was sent the wrong screen by the supplier.

Every other aspect of the screen was same except the company. I was in a fix whether to stick with Liberty Grandview or go for Panoview since I also have an Optoma projector and I wanted to get the setup ready as soon as possible.

The dealer then said that at best he can get it written on letterhead that grandview and Panoview are same in quality. By that time I had already decided to get the Panoview screen installed!

So I would like to ask how good are Panoview screens? Are they expensive, equal or cheaper to Liberty Grandview screens?

I asked the person for the ceiling mount. He said it is possible but on lanter. Since I have false ceiling that option was out of the box. And I was not too interested either since I would have lost distance.

So finally the screen was installed. Would post an image soon!

The price is almost similar and panoview is better than liberty. Most of our members own Panoview here.

Regards

So now I have joined the elite club of members who own Panoview screens! :lol:

BTW whats interesting is that the Optoma Asia website doesnt mention 92" screen in matte white! :lol: Only in grey.

From the whole incident what I feel is that all these screens are made in the same factory and just stamping is done and there is no difference between Grandview or Panoview which is quite strange actually.

Here is the picture of the screen.

NFVtN.jpg

looking good. congratulations. One more step towards better cinema experience.

Thanks a lot Manoj. It wouldn't have been possible without your advice which helped in selecting Projector as well as the screen and also made many aspects clear related to projection technology.

Finally completed my PJ setup last night! Thanks everyone for your advice!!

Please post some pics if possible.

rshri and goyal.sanchit,

Congratulations on your new screens.

How are the screens permorming now? Did you get any waves etc.?

Alok
Thanks!
Performing fine, no problems. Unfortunately, I do see a slight wave, but I am not sure whether its a screen installation problem or screen material problem. While watching movie, its hardly noticeable. So nothing to be concerned about for now.

rshri and goyal.sanchit,

Congratulations on your new screens.

How are the screens permorming now? Did you get any waves etc.?

Alok

Though the screen is installed it is yet to be used to view 1 full movie!! Though have used it 4-5 times for 5-10 min demos. So cant say about the quality as yet.

Rshri and Sanchit,

I think its time you start watching the movies and do post some pics of your setup. You owe that much to us. :D

Rshri and Sanchit,

I think its time you start watching the movies and do post some pics of your setup. You owe that much to us. :D

I would surely post the pics of the setup once I shift into the room. Though I have missed several deadlines :D and its get delayed due to some or the other work!

Friends, finally I am done with my PJ setup and tweaks and here are pics of my humble setup. This may not look much but I love it as it is :)

First, please have a look at my projector - Epson 705HD. Its a 720p 3LCD projector, which I imported from US for 37K (including custom and delivery charges). I did not want to buy Full-HD or DLP, so this was only viable option for me. Its a very bright & good quality projector with slightly poor black levels and contrast. Picture quality is acceptable though. In the pic, you cannot see the lens because its covered by slider door.
Please note that ceiling mount has an extension over it! The lower black mount is all metal and very strong & sturdy. I imported it from US for around 2.5K. This PJ does not has lens shift and I have high ceilings in my room, therefore there is no way to avoid "digital keystone correction" if the mount is used as it is. I therefore got a separate steel extension made through local fabricator. This extension is directly attached to ceiling and below it I attached the PJ ceiling mount. The projected image still has a slight keystone skew but its hardly noticeable, thus I am able to avoid "digital keystone correction".

Attachments

• 1 - PJ.jpg
    1 - PJ.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 67
Here is a long shot of PJ setup! You can see my gray Rear Speakers and brown recliner. Thick curtains cover the window behind the recliner.
About the room - This is a 10 X 15 ft room which also serves as my home office. Room used to be light colored, but I got it painted as in picture while setting up my PJ for better picture quality. Now the room is a bit too dark for home office but I have gotten used to it.

Attachments

• 2 - PJ long.jpg
    2 - PJ long.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 61
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back