Waves in pull down screens

I cancelled the plan of coming to Delhi. Maybe next week or sometime later!
I am dealing with my delays too. It has been a month since I bought a projector, but still haven't gotten around to watching a movie with this yet. Feels stupid!
The reason being lack of proper installation and screen. I was able to properly install the projector on ceiling only 2 days ago. Yet to buy and install screen. Me & my family is tired of waiting to see some movies on home projector :)

It has been 3-4 months since I bought the projector. In my case the delay is because renovation is going on and the room is not completed yet.

@rshri @anm

If we all are looking for a Grey grandview screen shall we talk to tushar and ask what price he would provide for a group buy?

I got a call from him today but I was not able to talk to him for a long time as I was in a meeting.
I am fine with a group buy deal, however, he says grey screen also has very high gain, and doesn't recommend. We need to view it once to close it. However, I assume he doesn't have stock for grey or something, so maybe that is why he is pushing us towards white.

Come on people, put a dhoti on the wall and start watching. Once you see the big picture, you will have extra incentive to put your efforts and get the room completed. :D

Or you will become lazy, continue watching it on dhoti and never get it done. Both are possible. ;) :p

I got a call from him today but I was not able to talk to him for a long time as I was in a meeting.
I am fine with a group buy deal, however, he says grey screen also has very high gain, and doesn't recommend. We need to view it once to close it. However, I assume he doesn't have stock for grey or something, so maybe that is why he is pushing us towards white.
Liberty (aka Grandview?) Silver Grey screen does has 1.5 officially labeled gain. However our resident actual user Srinisunder has confirmed in this thread that he doesn't see any extra gain and the screen works as a grey screen as it should.
I wonder why are dealers so highly concerned about our grey screen viewing experience :)
I too am all for group buy. Anm, when you talk to dealer next and if prices are discussed, please mention the group buy thing to get maximum advantage.

Come on people, put a dhoti on the wall and start watching. Once you see the big picture, you will have extra incentive to put your efforts and get the room completed. :D

Or you will become lazy, continue watching it on dhoti and never get it done. Both are possible. ;) :p

my dhoti is already loose at the thought of wiring/ cutting ceiling to hide hdmi/ power cable etc. Trying to muster courage to get the work done. Since this is going to be in living room, it has to look good as well.

my dhoti is already loose at the thought of wiring/ cutting ceiling to hide hdmi/ power cable etc. Trying to muster courage to get the work done. Since this is going to be in living room, it has to look good as well.

If you haven't pre-wired for projector, then there are only two solutions (the way I see it). One is pop ceiling, the other is to use a plastic raceway and then paint it with the same ceiling color. First one is elegant, and will look better. But yes, do plan well and then execute.

With the plastic raceway, there is another method which is quite time consuming. If the plastic raceway is flat, then some of the contractors make a recess in the wall, of the width and depth of raceway. Then they screw/glue raceway in the wall. Patch up the damaged wall around raceway, sand, prime, paint along with rest of the wall.

I am indeed thinking about recess (jhirri) in the ceiling and that is what I am not able to muster courage for :)
POP ceiling needs more time, planning, craftsmanship so even more scary to pick up as a project.
It is scary because we are living in the house ATM.

I think same risk is with recessing. You need a good contractor to do quality patch work around the raceway. Else it will be a big eyesore in the room.

Guys, I am unable to procure grey screen here in NCR. Apparently, only available grey screen are Da-lite motorized that are way too expensive (60-70k). It seems that I will have to settle with Matt White.
This is available in Matt White from dealer -
Products - Grandview
Please let me know your views.

Try indiamart.com or tradeindia.com to get contacts.
Checked with distributors. Apparently, affordable grey screen were only being provided by Grandview/Liberty. Because of lack of demand, those have vanished from market.

Did you try optoma? What all brands have you enquired about? Even I am now thinking of going for matte white and save myself from all the fuss. The only thing that is stopping me is that the worry of eye strain if brightness is very high. From where did srinisundar had bought grey screen?

Did you try optoma? What all brands have you enquired about? Even I am now thinking of going for matte white and save myself from all the fuss. The only thing that is stopping me is that the worry of eye strain if brightness is very high. From where did srinisundar had bought grey screen?
Srinisunder bought Liberty (Grandview) Silver Grey which is no longer available unless exclusively imported from China. Optoma does offers a grey screen called Graywolf II. But I am not sure about its availability and price. Its gray and glass beaded with 1.8 screen gain, so should be expensive.
-----------------
It seems that there is an affordable Optoma Matt Grey screen too. Can anyone please suggest who should I contact in NCR for Optoma screens?

Last edited:
Guys, would you recommend any Optoma/Panaview screen dealers in NCR region? I want to enquire about grey screens with them.
If grey is not available then I will settle for Grandview's matt white.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back