Welcome to this new member of Philips HTS4750 family

akshaye

Hi Guys,
finally yesterday, I ended up my searched for my perfect home theatre system with Philips HTS4750. I am not going to talk more about this system as madbullram and other guys already talked a lot about this system. I think its best for DTS songs, Movies, mp3. Great value for money. And guys please download "Gupt" (Becheniyan) dts songs and have liisten of it on this system, and I am sure it will blow you up. Thanks once again guys, espacially madbullram, since you praised this system a lot, and only because of that I took chance to listen philips HTIBs. Other systems are also very good, I had demo of 3565 too.

Thanks so much.

Forgot to mention that I am still Onkyo fan, but in this price range onkyo fails according to me. I bought this system for 19k. And also do I need to change cables for my new baby? Your help on cables will be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Forgot to mention that I am still Onkyo fan, but in this price range onkyo fails according to me. I bought this system for 19k. And also do I need to change cables for my new baby? Your help on cables will be appreciated. Thanks again.

MadbullRam, have you changed the cables? If not, Akshaye, neither should you. His system sounds really nice.

Cheers

Akshaye,

Welcome to the Philips 4750 club.
I too booked one yesterday. Since I booked it along with Samsung 32" LCD, I should be getting the delivery together in 4 days.

Thanks for the tip, I will try to get hold of Gupt (Becheniyan) song and play it once the system has been delivered.

MBR, I would also like to know if you have made any changes to the cables.

Thanks

Congrats on the HTS 4750, I am sure it will serve you long. Pls download the firmware update from the Philips site and update it (if your system is not updated)

Philips Support - HTS4750/98

To make it region free:
1. Press the Eject button
2. Press the Display button. This will show the current version and the region of your DVD player.
3. Enter 9 9 9 9 0. Now the region will show 0. You can play any disk.

The cables that come with your system is pretty solid. I tried experimenting with various cables and found that the Philips cables were pretty neat. Only advise, ensure you dont clip and do a tapping :). You should be more than fine with the cables Philips has given with the system and also the cable length is very generous.

One weird thing was ants always love my Phiips 4750, the service guy says it some special coating in the circuit board that draws the ant (!!!!). I always once a month spray Baygon Spray. this has helped anti ant :)

Use the audio setup menu and tune the speakers volume so that you get a balanced sound and also the time delay between the speakers if need be (strictly optional)

Akshaye,

Welcome to the Philips 4750 club.
I too booked one yesterday. Since I booked it along with Samsung 32" LCD, I should be getting the delivery together in 4 days.

Thanks for the tip, I will try to get hold of Gupt (Becheniyan) song and play it once the system has been delivered.

MBR, I would also like to know if you have made any changes to the cables.

Thanks

Hi,Where in Bangalore is 4750 available? A couple of places i checked say that its phased out and not available.

Can you check out at the following EZONE outlets:
Ezone, Sigma Mall, Cunnigham Road
Ezone, Hometome, Marathahalli.

Tips: As this model is being phased out (according to the sales guys at most of these outlets), all they have are the demo pieces only. So if you are OK with it, do bargain for more discount. (over and above the regular discounted price of 20K)

Can you check out at the following EZONE outlets:
Ezone, Sigma Mall, Cunnigham Road
Ezone, Hometome, Marathahalli.

Tips: As this model is being phased out (according to the sales guys at most of these outlets), all they have are the demo pieces only. So if you are OK with it, do bargain for more discount. (over and above the regular discounted price of 20K)

Hi,Checked out at EZone Marathahalli and they had a demo piece,picked it up at 19k.Will get delivery tommorrow.Thanks Ram for your advice in selecting.i will be using the system only after 2 months as my new home will be ready only by then.BTW a question which i guess is very late.is the USB port on the 4750 USB 2.0 compliant?

I had demoed this model before buying the Sony avr. Is it the same one in which the DVD player is black in colour and the design matches the Bose Lifestyle series system ?

Good sound I have gotta say buy a bit too much tinny for my taste especially when playing metallica, hence had not gone for it . Its a real looker by the way and was the highest selling dvd player in ezone kol.

Hi,
I Tried out the 4570 and am quite disappointed with it.Can someone please help me with the problems iam facing.
1) The setup,forward,rewind buttons on the remote dont work.
2) The DVD's that i play (i bought new ones) are giving out horrible sound output,the vocals are barely audible.
3) I just cant plug in a flash drive and access it ,i need to restart the system each time to get it to read the flash drive.
Iam not sure if i got a lemon or if its just some settings issue since it was a demo piece.Please help.

Hi,
I Tried out the 4570 and am quite disappointed with it.Can someone please help me with the problems iam facing.
1) The setup,forward,rewind buttons on the remote dont work.
2) The DVD's that i play (i bought new ones) are giving out horrible sound output,the vocals are barely audible.
3) I just cant plug in a flash drive and access it ,i need to restart the system each time to get it to read the flash drive.
Iam not sure if i got a lemon or if its just some settings issue since it was a demo piece.Please help.

1. Always when you play a DVD, press the Disc button in the remote. Then try all the options it will work. This will tell the 4750 that you are in disc mode and hence the remote works as a DVDp remote.
2. We need more information on this. What is the surround you are using? Did you calibrate your speakers? What are the settings in each speaker?

3. I am always very very skeptical about DEMO pieces. Pls get Philips service guy to check your system.

We need more information on this. What is the surround you are using? Did you calibrate your speakers? What are the settings in each speaker?
I will check out the setting in the evening and let you know,could you please let me know what would be the optimal settings for each of the speaker?

Do this:
1. Set all speakers at 0.
2. Now listen to each speaker.
3. When sit in your favorite spot, all your speakers should sound the same to you (as in one should not be loud than then other)
4. If it all sounds the same, then leave the settings and try a DVD
5. If not, increase or decrease the sound of a speaker which is loud or low
6. Once you are happy with it, play a DVD and check the sound.

Also, check all speaker wire connections in the Sub, ensure the correct ones are connected.

Check the wires for any damage or any cutting and tapping job.

Clean the DVDp with a Philips or some reputed brand DVDp cleaning disk

Do post your experience then :)

FYI:
In my house, all my speakers are at +2 except for the right surround speaker which is at +3 bcos it little far away than the rest. My Sub is at +0.

This gives me a full sound stage

I will check out the setting in the evening and let you know,could you please let me know what would be the optimal settings for each of the speaker?

My speakers were at around 5 to 6 each.i have changed it to 2 for the center speaker and 1 for all the other speakers. The speaker delay was at 6 ms .i have changed that to 0 for the center speakr and 1 for both the rear speakers. I have turned off the Night mode.MP3/Audio sounds Lovely, the movies still lacks the surround experiance.I have asked the Philips guys to come home for a demo/installation tommorrow.

My speakers were at around 5 to 6 each.i have changed it to 2 for the center speaker and 1 for all the other speakers. The speaker delay was at 6 ms .i have changed that to 0 for the center speakr and 1 for both the rear speakers. I have turned off the Night mode.MP3/Audio sounds Lovely, the movies still lacks the surround experiance.I have asked the Philips guys to come home for a demo/installation tommorrow.

Infact movies should sound excellent and better than mp3. Is there a specific reason for setting the delay as 1 ms?

Also, the DVDs u used did they have Dolby or DTS? Is they did, did you select Dolby or DTS using the surround option in the Remote?

Also, hows the sound from the rear speaker during your test?

Infact movies should sound excellent and better than mp3. Is there a specific reason for setting the delay as 1 ms?

Also, the DVDs u used did they have Dolby or DTS? Is they did, did you select Dolby or DTS using the surround option in the Remote?

Also, hows the sound from the rear speaker during your test?

I set the delay at 1 ms since the rear speaker were slightly behind most of our seating area.should i set it to zero?
The DVD's were all Dolby. The surround was on Multi channel.
During the volume test.The rear speakers sounded Ok.

I set the delay at 1 ms since the rear speaker were slightly behind most of our seating area.should i set it to zero?
The DVD's were all Dolby. The surround was on Multi channel.
During the volume test.The rear speakers sounded Ok.

I would say let delay at 0.
Surround should be Dolby. When you select surround press it twice and you will get dolby surround.

WHich DVD were you watching?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back