Wharfedale 10.1 +sub vs Wharfedale 10.5 w/o sub vs Mission MV8+ package

So I went ahead and auditioned:

Quad 11L2,
Mission M34i
MS Aviano 1
Dali Zensor 5 today...

Quad sounded really nice... probably my favorite amongst the first 3 mentioned...Might have been a tad bit bright on the upper mids when it was turned up...or maybe it was just the room!

The Zensor 5 was really nice, laid back sounding and sweet sounding- quoted 40K- though I think this is a bit overpriced
Is there a Dali BS that sounds like this in the mids and upper range? I'll definitely look to that!

Where can i audition Usher S520 in Pune?
Can anyone give me an idea of the comparison with Quad 11l2?

"tight bass, extension not that important
clarity in mids especially, warm nature preferred
no sharp highs- truncated highs will be ok but definitely not peiercing trebles"

Precisely what I am looking for as well. And my budget is similar to you too, except that I am not looking to add a sub at the moment, cant afford it. Looking for quality bookshelves or perhaps FS + a Norge amp to drive them.

Last edited:
Hi again!

Sorry to bump this thread but I feel I'm going in circles without making the final dip!

I (believe) my final round of auditions will happen this week(With the Usher S520 and V601), thanks to very generous efforts of Forum members...

To my final list have made 4 speakers:

I could post longer impressions if someone wants:

1) Dali Zensor 5
2) Martin Logan Motion 4
3) Usher S520
4) Usher V601

In my opinion, anyone looking for a small pair of bookshelves MUST look at the Motion 4, I found it to be quite a brilliant sounding speaker.

Also auditioned along the way-
Polk Audio RTi A3
Magnat Quantum series
Kef Q300
Martin Logan motion 4
Martin Logan electromotion ESL
Wharfedale Diamond 9.2
Wharfedale Diamond 10.5
Paradigm Monitor 7
Paradigm Monitor 9
Quad 12L2
Quad 11L2
Tannoy DC4
System Audio Jiffy
Dali Zensor 5
Dali Ikon 7
Mission MV8
Mission M34i
B&W 683
MS Aviano 1

If anyone wants a cue on the above, I'l be glad to throw in my very layman inputs :)

However, I found Quad, Dali, Martin Logan to do the best job for me.

What I need to know:
some impressions on:

Dali Zensor 1 and how it would perform as compared to the Zensor 5
for a small room and 22K price difference, would I be doing better with a (musical) subwoofer?

Any impressions on Usher s520 and Dali Zensor if anyone has any experience.
I know my ears are the best judge, but I have spent hours listening to these and thats why they've made it to the shortlist. I just need help in taking the final step

The Quad 11L2 I did like, but the price hike and unavailability make it a bit putting off- They arent worth 38K for the Classic 11L.

Thanks a ton guys!I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere! I could go speaking for ages about the Dali and Martin Logan though :D

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back