Wharfedale 9.5

iamccie

I have Wharfedale 9.5 package. Am planning for an AVR either Denon 2310 OR Onkyo 607.
Pl. suggest.

i have the 9.5 package.
expect delivery of 2310 by this weekend.
shall be able to comment after that.

I have Wharfedale 9.5 package. Am planning for an AVR either Denon 2310 OR Onkyo 607.

These kind of questions make me smile. Short crisp and to the point.

Come on guys, you must have read hundreds of threads where we have asked for more details. Budget, room size, room layout, music/movie preference, scaling requirements.... etc. How can anyone give any meaningful reply to such short questions?

Any answer will be like a toss of a coin. Heads - Onkyo. Tails - Denon. What if the coin stands on it's side? :)

Cheers

Come on guys, you must have read hundreds of threads where we have asked for more details. Budget, room size, room layout, music/movie preference, scaling requirements.... etc. How can anyone give any meaningful reply to such short questions?

Any answer will be like a toss of a coin. Heads - Onkyo. Tails - Denon. What if the coin stands on it's side? :)

Cheers

If it stands on its side, lets say Marantz, shall we? :)

Seriously, I agree. Clear mention of the requirement is a must.

Pl. suggest.

Between the two, its the Denon 2310 for sure. The 607 from Onkyo is comparable to the stepped down version 1910 but then again, the choice will still be Denon.

Cheers

Hi everybody,
My comments below are probably a bit off the main topic, however since its in link to above let me present it here itself:

I think we should convert Venkarcr's concern to a template as follows...
1. The section "What should I buy?" should have a questionnaire-template to be filled in by the query seeker.
2. The template is then published on this forum for response by others.
3. Many a times the query seekers are newbies who have a single line basic query because they don't know the "relevant questions" in the first place, that would lead them to a better system.

Based on Venkarcr's points and my experience following questionnaire-template for AVR purchase is suggested:

QUESTIONAIRE FOR AVR PURCHASE QUERY

OBJECTIVE: Basically I am looking for xyz equipment. (Optional:.... that should go with my exisiting abc equipment (see details below)
1. Audio preference (Music / Movies) = ? % / ?%

2. Budget = Rs. ? /-

3. Room Size (Lenght x Breadth x Height = ? L x ? B x ? H

4. Source (CD /DVD /Satellite /Other) = ?

5. Existing components to be integrated with new purchase (Speaker /Amp /Cables /Equaliser /Other) = ?

6. Can used AVR be considered (Y/N) = ?

7. Other details /preferences = ?

8. Other query-1 = ?

9. Other query-2 =?

Dear fellow forum-members, please add more points to above based on your experience...

Hi iamccie,
You may re-submit your query based on above :)eek: ...that's lot of work!!). Lets see if it leads you to a better system:).

Regds.

Last edited:
Back