Wharfedale speakers

Mr rockerman

Hi all my brother gave me his old arcam a18 amplifier. I'm using a pair of whalfdale diamond 220 bookshelf speakers. But I feel the bass from the arcam a18 is weak.my brother suggested removing the foam discs from the down facing bass port holes that are at the bottom between the bottom plinth. Do any know if this would improve the bass. Many thanks

Those bookshelves may not deliver much bass owing to their small cabinet size. If you add a subwoofer as per the size of your room should take care of the low end.

my brother suggested removing the foam discs from the down facing bass port holes that are at the bottom between the bottom plinth. Do any know if this would improve the bass. Many thanks
Yes. But you might hear the port "chuff" at high volume.

Hi all my brother gave me his old arcam a18 amplifier. I'm using a pair of whalfdale diamond 220 bookshelf speakers. But I feel the bass from the arcam a18 is weak.my brother suggested removing the foam discs from the down facing bass port holes that are at the bottom between the bottom plinth. Do any know if this would improve the bass. Many thanks
What gives you the impression that the culprit is the amp and not the speakers?

Thank you all for advice on this. A second hand shop near me have hot a pair of kef q15 2 bookshelf speakers for sell. Do you think they would be better then the whalfdale diamond 220.

Thank you all for advice on this. A second hand shop near me have hot a pair of kef q15 2 bookshelf speakers for sell. Do you think they would be better then the whalfdale diamond 220.
Check the specifications of both speakers, ask the dealer if it's possible to demo the kef speakers at your place, connected to your setup.
Kef and wharfedale have different sound signatures.
How each brand sounds with your amplifier needs to be heard.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back