Wharfedale SW150 auto power not auto

guite

I recently bought the Wharfedale SW150. The Auto Power button is set to ON, which is the recommended setting and my preference. However, after some duration of non-usage, the sub woofer does not turn itself ON again when signal is fed to it, either from DVD or TV set top box through AV receiver. I have to reach to the rear bottom of the box to manually switch OFF power and then switch ON for the system to kick in. Receiver is Onkyo TX SR 5 series.

I spoke to the dealer. He did not seem to get what I was saying. However he added that if there is a technical problem, he will have to check it and if necessary send it to Mumbai for repair. Will they be able to really repair it? I mean, most speaker dealers are just import-and-sell set ups, AFAIK. Should I give it for repair? Should I demand replacement? Or am I missing some settings?

if you've recently bought it, stuff it back at dealer and tell em to get you a full replacement, thats what profx did for me within 1 month of getting defaulting polk audio dsw pro 500 for 22k

u got the 150 from Bass & Treble? You shud immdly return it back for check up and rectification if under warranty.

Thank you corElement and Sidharth for the prompt replies and making a newbie feel at home.

After starting this thread, I listened to the Eagles farewell concert and then stopped for about 20 minutes (amplifier on standby, subwoofer power not cut). When I resumed, the subwoofer came back on its own. Maybe there is a pattern to it. Maybe I need to observe for some more time. This way prooving the anomaly to the dealer is potentially difficult; what if....?

Is signal strength important in this kind of scenario? Has anyone observed whether it requires thumping bass to wake up a sub woofer? I even thought maybe it will work if I connect to both L & R RCA inputs of the subwoofer (right now its on left) but I don't have a splitter cable right now. The user manual says that if connected to both, input level will be higher.

Inputs from the experienced users of this forum is eagerly awaited.

The subwoofer seem to be working fine now. The last settings that I changed were:- (a) set crossover to max (85hz) in the woofer, and (b) set crossover to 100hz in the receiver as recommended in owners manual (of receiver).

The woofer's frequency response is stated as 35 to 110 hz. In the above setting am I missing the frequency range from 85 to 100 hz?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back