What is the best way to import a speaker from abroad?

You should revalidate this information.
Yes, i can validate/validated, since all my recent parcels thru fed-ex and UPS came thru respective destination and every calls from UPS originated from the respective centre and i have validated with them about the hub centre.

Just incase u missed i have mentioned the regions too...

Thanks

I too was planning to get speakers via Fedex from out but have given up for the time being considering the logistics and duty/gst cost which I am not sure makes it a vfm proposition.

One thing the clearing agents specifically mentioned is that the courier company should be told to drop off the package at the Air Cargo Complex of the destination airport where the amt paid would be comparatively lower and the clearing agents would have the flexibility here rather than keeping the Cargo elsewhere.

I am not at all aware of the procedures but would suggest those who are planning to get stuff from abroad should look into this if it saves money.

Last edited:
Hi,
If you are in Western region or northern region go for Fedex or UPS, if you are in southern region like Bengaluru, chennai or kerala better to go with UPS.. Reason is Fedex hub is in Banglore and the customs scrutiny and charges are more and no pre-shipment happens with Fedex.. While with UPS the clearance hub is in mumbai and most of the shipment will get cleared very easily in pre-shipment mode itself with submitted documents and few overvalued or suspicious items only get cleared after inspection by customs. Most of the UPS shipment will reach within 4 to 7 days.

Check www.parcelmonkey.com for discounted prices to get from USA. They will give upto 70% discounted rates from fedex and UPS and DHL rack rates.
Just want to know. When we use their rate calculators , we get different options. It that rate final or we have to pay extra tax like gst?

Also we need to ship product to their warehouse first and then those companies give actual shipping rates. Here is that rate is same or close to online calculators?

Just want to know. When we use their rate calculators , we get different options. It that rate final or we have to pay extra tax like gst?

Also we need to ship product to their warehouse first and then those companies give actual shipping rates. Here is that rate is same or close to online calculators?
All the service quoted by Parcelmonkey is door step delivery and have option of drop ( which you will save very few dollars , not much attractive) in at nearby stores if your friend or seller is willing to drop in the items at the origin country..

All the rate is quoted in USD and no tax, all inclusive, however i suggest to take insurance which will be add on for the invoice value, which will be quite useful when u get damaged items in transit.

Use the rate calculator in fedex plus UPS and DHL and you will know the percentage discount offered.

Yes, i can validate/validated, since all my recent parcels thru fed-ex and UPS came thru respective destination and every calls from UPS originated from the respective centre and i have validated with them about the hub centre.

Just incase u missed i have mentioned the regions too...

Thanks
Just spoke to one of the largest CHA's from Mumbai who we have used in the past. He says that FedEx has got multiple hubs in India - Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai etc. UPS has 2 - Mumbai and Delhi. He says that customs clearance being lenient at certain hubs and not at others is a myth. It seems that leniency and strictness is NOT dependent on a region. Sometimes one gets lucky and other times one does not. He also says that the old procedure of CHA's allowed to clear packages shipped via these courier companies now has been disallowed and one is bound to let these courier companies do the customs clearance. Of course, this being India, there are many workarounds wrt customs etc but that is fodder for another thread. :p

P. S. - he says that if it were he importing personal items, he would go with FedEx. YMMV!

Just spoke to one of the largest CHA's from Mumbai who we have used in the past. He says that FedEx has got multiple hubs in India - Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai etc. UPS has 2 - Mumbai and Delhi. He says that customs clearance being lenient at certain hubs and not at others is a myth. It seems that leniency and strictness is NOT dependent on a region. Sometimes one gets lucky and other times one does not. He also says that the old procedure of CHA's allowed to clear packages shipped via these courier companies now has been disallowed and one is bound to let these courier companies do the customs clearance. Of course, this being India, there are many workarounds wrt customs etc but that is fodder for another thread. :p

P. S. - he says that if it were he importing personal items, he would go with FedEx. YMMV!
Yes i do agree Fedex has different hubs. Depending on the destination, say southern/northern region the product will arrive from import region.

For sure Mumbai is the fastest clearance hub so far.

Today could contact Shopusa. They said if all details are mentioned perfectly then online calculator and actual charges will be the same. They have multiple shipping partners. They have Indian customer care no. too.

What's that warehouse charges? Most of us/UK address can keep parcel for a month free.
I am worried of those charges imposed later once you buy product.
Warehouse charges could also be demurrage, not sure. Going off on a tangent, from an unconfirmed source; all government departments have been advised to collect as much as possible in order to revive the federal coffers. Be it RTO, Corporation, Tax & Revenue Dept. etc etc. It is well known that only a few will contest unsubstantiated charges, especially when they are in a few hundreds or thousands.

I don't know the authenticity of tanotis website but they claim they can get foreign products at a reasonable price with GST refund for b2b. I however have not dealt with them and can someone throw some light about their genuinity?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back