what price to pay?

Hi Sharad
I dont know how old you are :) but a Sonodyne was my first system in 89 and I thought it was great. I upgraded from a 2 in 1 to a discman plugged into a Sonodyne casette/amp combo. I still believe that for the price (I paid 7K at that time) it was very nice.

cheers

Hi,
I see no one here is mentioning their age !!!

Well i was lucky to inherit a seperates system (luxman amp) while in school and was dumb enough to sell it( as it looked ugly,had no tone controls etc etc) to buy a sony orson tape deck, amp,speaker combo for a princely sum of 9500/- in 1988/89(only other option then was an Akai Bush set up)
Sharad i am not sure if Phillips india even sold Marantz locally!!!!Or maybe its before my time!!!
Regards

Last edited:
Re ownership of Indian HiFi gear-
I have no hesitatin in stating that I have Enbee Pre & Power Amps with Enbee 3 way speakers.
Picked up their gear in 1979 & am still very happy with it.
Changes?
I changed my source from a Garrard record changer to a Denon DD Turntable to a Sony Cassette Deck to an Onkyo Cassette Deck to a Panasonic CD Player to an Oppo DV981 HD player.
Traded in my 50W RMS Enbee Integrated Amp to the present 100W Pre/Power Amp Separates abt 8 years back.
Picked up Lyrita Audio's I/C & speaker cables last year.
Lingering desires?
Would like to ADD Lyritas SET Valve Amp & Fostex driver based speakers as an additional system in the bedroom-I've heard this combo extensively over a period of months & find it highly musically satisfying.
Would also like to hook up Cadences' Amayas/Aristas to my Amp-really amazing speakers.

Just thought I might update all that my setup is shaping up well. Last week got the Musical Fidelity amp A 3.2 and yesterday got the Cyrus CD 6s from Singapore. (the Marantz 7001 KI was out of stock in Singapore) The Cyrus is really detailed and compact and the MF A 3.2 is a great amp. So the quest for stand mounts, cables and interconnects......continues.:D
Regards,
Kunal

Last edited:
Shanti,

I compared it mainly with Primare as that was already in the family. As for the other brands I did compare it with Cyrus, MF, CA, Creek, 7001KI, Apollo & Saturn, Arcam, Kandy even with Planius and Pathos. So you can see that I did a lot of research and endless hours of auditioning before I zeroed in on this one.

Might not be the best out there may be, but for me the sound was just perfect! Every time I hear a new player I kept comparing it with this baby. So I decided instead of going nuts over it, might as well just buy it once and for all. All I can say is that, I'm really happy and extremely content with it.:)

Best Regards.

Re: Marantz - What do you think of it ??

Lovely;

What do you think of it ?
Better than Cyrus ?
Jolida ?
Creek ?
Blue Note ?

Same price point, I think.

I've compared the SA-15 & the blue note together , both are good, but I liked the blue note better.

Thanks guys! Quite amused indeed, and I'm actually enjoying the fact that all of you guys are pulling my leg!

Good to hear about the Delhi get-together. Looks like you guys had good fun. Like our Particleman mentioned, it would be great if Sanjay can share the snaps.

I'm on the hunt for better speakers now. Currently borrowed Ikon 6 from my HT set-up for the time being.

Will keep you posted. Best regards.

Last edited:
Hey guys, Over the past month plus since I started this thread, I've been looking (read hearing) at a lot of equipment; I have changed my mind a few hundred times, got :confused:onfused like hell...and finally; have an amp (Musical Fidelity A 3.2) the CD player (Cyrus CD 6s) and am now on the lookout for speakers...NOW...I have changed my mind (again) and am looking out for floorstanding options under 70K. What suggestions can you give me to match for the above setup? I have only a week to decide :eek:
Regards

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back