What stabilizer

Hi,

I am planning to purchase stabilizer for Yamaha 463. the ratings are 500W and 400VA. I am planning to purchase this digital stabilizer from V-Guard.

Products

This has 1.5A, 3A and 6A. Kindly let me know which one will be good.

Also does this and VG-Crystal model are same? what is the difference?

we also have a universal spike buster.

So let me know how the supply should be given to AVR?

mains ----> spike buster ----> stabilizer ----> AVR (or)
main ----> stabilizer ----> spike buster ----> AVR

The spike buster claims it gives out smooth pure sine wave and acts at emi/rf filter

Thanks,
prakash

You will need a digital stabilizer. Check out Unistab. They have 1KVA and above, prices from around 2K. I got one for my PV8 and another for the LX80.

Hi

Where to get this Unistab in hyderabad? Am in Madinaguda, here voltage fluctuation is not there; still want to protect my Audio Amp (125 + 125) from spike/surge. Does this have EMI/RFI filtering too?

My TV (21 ") has got a Keeline 150 VA stabiliser and left is DVDP and AMP. Any alternate solution if you can suggest ?

TIA

Hi

Where to get this Unistab in hyderabad? Am in Madinaguda, here voltage fluctuation is not there; still want to protect my Audio Amp (125 + 125) from spike/surge. Does this have EMI/RFI filtering too?

My TV (21 ") has got a Keeline 150 VA stabiliser and left is DVDP and AMP. Any alternate solution if you can suggest ?

TIA

I picked a couple at the Samsung Plaza right next to Karachi Bakery in Banjara Hills. It's opposite to the Taj Banjara hotel. He will initially quote 3-4K, but try to negotiate for 2K or less. I'm not very good at bargaining, but I got it for 2K and in fact picked up two of them. The rest of the places just don't stock digital/electronic stabilizers. I spent an entire day in R.P. Road and other places but none of them stock it. Otherwise get on the internet and look for dealers for V-Guard and give them a call before visiting.

Edit - The stabilizer should do. If you still want more protection then get spike buster/surge protector from say Belkin costing around Rs. 600-800. These are available at Reliance Digital Banjara Hills.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am planning to purchase stabilizer for Yamaha 463. the ratings are 500W and 400VA. I am planning to purchase this digital stabilizer from V-Guard.
Products

The spike buster claims it gives out smooth pure sine wave and acts at emi/rf filter
Thanks,
prakash

Hi Friends,

Awaiting your suggestion on this.

Thanks,
Prakash

The ratings in the receiver is mentioned as 400VA, 500w. So 3A digital stabilizer from V-Guard shd suffice right?

Thanks,
Prakash.

Hi,

Products

Thanks,
prakash

well i dont think u need a spike buster once u get a stabilizer,just for the info apc say never connect a ups to a spike buster,
i am sure the stabilizer will have all the emi and other filters.

Okay, I got a quote of 1.5k for Guardian and VGuard from JD Electronics. Still not decided.

Hi madbullram,

You mean V-Guard VG Crystal is 1.5k. Had you bought it, any idea for using it for my 42" lcd tv, stb, DVD player. stb and dvd player are optional not a must. I want to protect my LCD TV only, Your comments are welcome.

Peterson

Do one need stabilizer for Samsung LCD TV? The Dealer said its no need but i wish to have expert opinion
Thanks

Do one need stabilizer for Samsung LCD TV? The Dealer said its no need but i wish to have expert opinion
Thanks

well it depends on the quality of power,if ur place is prone to low or high voltage then a stabilizer is a must.

Thanks

Yes, even Samsung dealer said it is not required in places like Bangalore, where there is rarely any voltage fluctuation. But just to be on the safer side, it is better to have one

Yes, even Samsung dealer said it is not required in places like Bangalore, where there is rarely any voltage fluctuation. But just to be on the safer side, it is better to have one

well i stay in bangalore and who says their ain't power fluctuation i have seen voltages in the night as high as 314v ,normaly above 250v in the night more then then the tvs operating range which is 110v to 240v.it may not kill the tv immediately but its like a slow poison.

If its that extremen, I would suggest a Servo than the digital stabs which arent that effective in such cases, they are good upto 260ish

I have a 46" Samsung LCD.

Have 100% power backup in my apartment through gensets. So, if the power goes or comes back, there is disconnection of 20 seconds / 5 seconds respectively.

Can I use normal MicroTek UPSs (Rs.1700/-) for these as I do not need much back up time ? (Only for TV)

Also, if I need to put all my equipments (46" LCD/Media Player/1TB Hard Disk/Onkyo S590/Tata Sky/DVD Player) on a UPS. What capacity and what brand should I look for?

Thanks.

Hi mgdelhi, Even I had the same situation.. about 30 seconds before the power is restored. I have been using a VGaurd UPS for the past 1.5 years and have faced absolutely no issues till now. BTW, mine is a 32" Sony LCD.

Thanks SBT.

How much you paid for Vgaurd and how much VA ?

Also, someone please suggest me what capacity should be enough for all my equipments? Also brand/price ?

Thanks.

Thanks SBT.

How much you paid for Vgaurd and how much VA ?

Also, someone please suggest me what capacity should be enough for all my equipments? Also brand/price ?

Thanks.

I paid Rs2100, 1.5 yrs back. It's a 600VA. I have my TV, DVD player and WDTV connected to this.

I guess it is the spikes that mostly kill these equipment rather than gradually fluctuating voltages. Hence, I would prefer to have a stabiliser with good surge protection.
By the way, am using Vguard Digital 100 model (500VA), bought for Rs.2600 with my Panny PV8.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back