What stabilizer

Your inverter doesn't do any kind of auto voltage regulation,more over it gives a square wave output.
Only a UPS or stabilizer will do AVR .

To put in other words, not all UPSs are inline, in the sense that you are not drawing the power through the UPS all the time, i.e. it acts (supplies power) only when the mains power is not available, otherwise it just idle or charge the battery. Because of this offline-UPSs cannot provide any protection against surges and variation in voltage levels.

It is most likely that you have the offline-UPS without any Regulator and Surge protection.

I personally prefer to just use a surge protector as I live in an apt. whrein the loads are pretty much constant and would have a local transformer. Otherwise you better get something that can provide both regulation and surge protection. Or first connect a surge protector to the wall outlet and then connect the stabilizer to the surge protector.

Guys,
I got a Denon 1911 paired with a Wharfedale 9.5 & sw150. Looking for a good stabilizer. The dealer is recommending a 1Kva servo stabilizer (some maktech or something like that). Have anyone heard of this company? Please suggest some good ones and where I can get them in Bangalore.

On the 1911 carton it was written that the warranty will be void if we use it with a UPS. Why is this? I have a 1.5KVA APC SmartUPS which has AVR and pure sinewave output. Can this be used with the amp?

-Thanx

Guys,
I got a Denon 1911 paired with a Wharfedale 9.5 & sw150. Looking for a good stabilizer. The dealer is recommending a 1Kva servo stabilizer (some maktech or something like that). Have anyone heard of this company? Please suggest some good ones and where I can get them in Bangalore.

On the 1911 carton it was written that the warranty will be void if we use it with a UPS. Why is this? I have a 1.5KVA APC SmartUPS which has AVR and pure sinewave output. Can this be used with the amp?

-Thanx

Servo based stabilizers are very good, you can also look in Vgaurd - digital series... If budget is no concern go for Servo...

I bought V-Guard crystal plus for Rs.2000. Today, when I switched it on, even before it switched on output, my TV and Digital cable box from hathway went bad with a bang sound. How can this happen? I checked the stabilizer for voltage... it is 225-228v correct. What is the possibility of such an incident?

Connected the TV to a 1KVA Servo Stabilizer with an inbuilt surge protector;the range is 170-250V - cost me 5000. I assumed an average of 250W for the Plasma and a 1KVA translates to only about 850W of actual output.

Figure that I might be able to connect the STB/Wii/HDD as well and have the AVR on a separate line.

Hi Friends
I have a Sony NX 500 and I want to use a Manual Auto Cut Stabiliser ( old model ) with it, setting voltage output at 160 volts, In my area voltage goes upto 300 Volts after 10 PM, I have talked with Sony India , Delhi and Patna, they are telling me to use a stabiliser, whereas Sony Dealer says that there is in Built protection system and you do not need stabiliser, when voltage will increase TV will shut off automatically. I am unable to deceide what to do ?
Please help and let me know is it good to use a Auto Cut Stabiliser with my Sony LCD ?

Thanks
cosmic

Hi Friends
I have a Sony NX 500 and I want to use a Manual Auto Cut Stabiliser ( old model ) with it, setting voltage output at 160 volts, In my area voltage goes upto 300 Volts after 10 PM, I have talked with Sony India , Delhi and Patna, they are telling me to use a stabiliser, whereas Sony Dealer says that there is in Built protection system and you do not need stabiliser, when voltage will increase TV will shut off automatically. I am unable to deceide what to do ?
Please help and let me know is it good to use a Auto Cut Stabiliser with my Sony LCD ?

Thanks
cosmic

Sony dealers are wrong but Sony india is correct,you will need a stabilizer.
Well at those high voltages its better to get a servo based stabilizer.
V-guard digi series will cut off at 295v and they them self will go kaput at 310v.

After reading all the horror stories i badly need to buy a Stabilizer as soon as possible.
AV setup- 40inch Sony LCD, TATASKY, Philips DVD, Philips HTIB. PS3
I have my AV setup running at the mercy of a spike guard bought for Rs.300

I am looking for the best i can get in the budget of Rs3000 max.

Vguard crystal (Wall mount) Rs2300
Vguard crystal plus (wall and floor ) Rs2700
Vguard DIGI 100 Rs3100

My knowledge on this is pathetic.
should i need to go for something better than these.
I am from chennai, so it would be great if someone can let me know of a shop where i wont get ripped like the present one i am associating with.
Thanks

Bought crystal plus at 1850/- from SP Road, Bangalore. Works flawlessly with Panasonic 42v20. Didn't check about servo stabilizers though.

I have a 46" Samsung LCD.

Have 100% power backup in my apartment through gensets. So, if the power goes or comes back, there is disconnection of 20 seconds / 5 seconds respectively.

Can I use normal MicroTek UPSs (Rs.1700/-) for these as I do not need much back up time ? (Only for TV)

Also, if I need to put all my equipments (46" LCD/Media Player/1TB Hard Disk/Onkyo S590/Tata Sky/DVD Player) on a UPS. What capacity and what brand should I look for?

Thanks.

mgdelhi, I am also in GGN and the same generator issue at my society. Power is restored in 10 seconds max. I bought a Microtek UPS 1000VA, for 3700Rs.

The dealer confirmed he has sold these pieces with confidence for 32" LCDs and hasn't recd any complaints. However he wasn't sure of 42" Plasma TV's load.

When I ran my Panasonic P42V20D Plasma TV with this UPS it couldn't bear the load of the TV and started beeping. The TV went off and the green LED in the front started flickering.

So in other words this UPS didn't help at all. Is something wrong with the UPS or do I need even higher capacity one?

Bought crystal plus at 1850/- from SP Road, Bangalore. Works flawlessly with Panasonic 42v20. Didn't check about servo stabilizers though.

How many VAs is your Crystal Plus? Is this a stablizer or a UPS?

Based on your inputs I raised a complaint with the Microtek service guys and he came over to check the unit out. Unfortunately I wasn't at home then. We discussed on the phone and he said, the Microtek 1000VA (Offline UPS) won't be able to take the load of a V20D Plasma, 42".
The engineer was very sure about this fact. He said the costlier versions called online Stablizers will work with such a TV of this size, and they cost in the range of 15000's.

What am I missing here? Is there any other brand which you guys have tried it out and works and is around the range of 3500-4000?

Please let me know soon. I bought the UPS just on Sunday so can get it exchanged or replaced soon (hopefully).

I want a stabiliser for Panny 42X20D plasma.which one would be sufficient to support it(Gona use only for plasma).Is 1kva stabiliser enough to support it.Pls give some suggestions

thanks

Hi guys,
I have just brought a new p42v20. I need your inputs on a good stabilizer. I have heard ppl using vguard crystal+ / digi100. Please recommend which one can be safely used. i don't want to risk this unit and also avoid flicker when someone at my home switches on any other electric equipment like tube lights etc.

Last edited:
Hey! ..

Any of you out there tried Belkins Gold Series Surge protector? .

I was told be a dealer that using Vguard Crystal and belkin Gold series would be enough protection for the AV equipment.

Ebay prices for the Gold Series 8 socket surge protector are approx 1500/-

how good is it? or is only the Vguard stabiliser good enough ?

Hi guys,
I have just brought a new p42v20. I need your inputs on a good stabilizer. I have heard ppl using vguard crystal+ / digi100. Please recommend which one can be safely used. i don't want to risk this unit and also avoid flicker when someone at my home switches on any other electric equipment like tube lights etc.

Hi :), if you have power failures as well to add to the voltage fluctuations at your place, it is better to opt for online UPS. I have the same TV alongwith the other equipments and also this vguard, but due to frequent on-offs at my place, i was always scared and could not tolerate the fear of losing the equipments. After having bought online UPS (Liebert - refer the thread by ajay124 on the subject for details), my equipments, tv feel safe and secured. Regards.

Thanks @sachin,
I do not have much of power problem, but worried about the electronic disturbance that happens when someone at home switches on an electric device and I see a disturbance on the screen.

Would you recommend vguard crystal plus? how much it shall cost?

Thanks
anand

Digging up an old thread. I am almost done with my HT setup and need to pick up a Voltage Stabilizer. What do you folks recommend, considering the fact that I have a 50" plasma and a few other goodies like the Denon 1911, a media player etc ?

Did a bit of research and arrived at the V-guard Crystal Plus. However I am in a dilemma if this would be good enough for the 50" and the denon ?Appreciate your response.

Last edited:
Back