What subwoofer for my setup?

Finally I got the SW300 for 29K. Got a demo of a brand new packed piece and purchased it after getting satisfied with the demo at Vipul Audio, chennai. Sound was slightly boomy in the demo but that may be bcos of being brand new or due to lack of Calibration. I wanted to go for a bic PL200 but due to lack of space in my living room, Yamaha sw300 was the only option. It's a perfect cube in size.

My receiver is Yamaha RX-V475. I am using a Amazon basics cable for connection. I am newbie to this whole LFE and stuff like this. So, how do I connect and setup the sub for the best sound? My fronts and centers are focal sib XL on wall speakers with a freq range of 70hz to 35khz.
Dam how many times I asked that guy for demo but he refused . Just use the amazon cable an connect it to the sub preout in the avr and to the lfe input of ur sub

I am using SW300 with RX-V585. Connected AVR sub out to SW300 LFE in. SW300 crossover set to 160Hz (Full). AVR crossover set to 100Hz.
Front L+R speaker set to Large.

I am using SW300 with RX-V585. Connected AVR sub out to SW300 LFE in. SW300 crossover set to 160Hz (Full). AVR crossover set to 100Hz.
Front L+R speaker set to Large.
Set avr crossover to 80hz and sw300 crossover to full. Front speakers set to small. If you set front speakers to large you aren't making much use of your sub

Set avr crossover to 80hz and sw300 crossover to full. Front speakers set to small. If you set front speakers to large you aren't making much use of your sub
Not true.When you set fronts to large the front speakers will also play the lfe channel till the crossover point. So it doesn’t mean when you set the fronts to large the sub is not being used much.

As per my understanding, If front speaker driver is more then 5 inch then it should set to large, if smaller then 5 inch then set to small.
If i set the crossover at AVR to 100hz then avr will send Frequency above then 100hz to front speaker and below then 100hz to SUB.

As per my understanding, If front speaker driver is more then 5 inch then it should set to large, if smaller then 5 inch then set to small.
If i set the crossover at AVR to 100hz then avr will send Frequency above then 100hz to front speaker and below then 100hz to SUB.
Well if u have a good bookshelf that can produce good bass you can set it to large. But the avr will be pushed. The subwoofer will be more then enough to handle the LFE channel. And it’s up to us. If it sounds good in large sure we can. My case I set it to small. It’s purely a preference. And coming to crossover when you have front speakers set to 100hz only the frequency below will be pushed to the sub and not above

And coming to crossover when you have front speakers set to 100hz only the frequency below will be pushed to the sub and not above
I have said below to SUB not above.

Well if u have a good bookshelf that can produce good bass you can set it to large. But the avr will be pushed. The subwoofer will be more then enough to handle the LFE channel. And it’s up to us. If it sounds good in large sure we can. My case I set it to small. It’s purely a preference.
True.
If i set to small then wall of sound gets narrow, if set to large wall of sound get wider and bold.

I have said below to SUB not above.
True.
If i set to small then wall of sound gets narrow, if set to large wall of sound get wider and bold.
Sorry my bad read it wrong.Yeah like I said purely individual preference. There is no golden rule it Should be set as small or large.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back