What subwoofer for my setup?

OK Dual would be good for your room. Setting up a good HT some times takes trial and error method when you dont have the option to audition especially for a sub-woofer. My advice is since you dont have the option to audition you need to see reviews of owners of the subwoofer you are going to get.
While I have read and seen great reviews about the bic pl200ii. I am yet to come across any detailed review of the taga tsw120.

While I have read and seen great reviews about the bic pl200ii. I am yet to come across any detailed review of the taga tsw120.
BIC pl 200-ii is the best subwoofer under 50K. I myself have the same and selling it just for the sake of getting xtz which gives a marginal improvement for almost twice the cost of the BIC. I have also tested dual bic pl 200-ii it was mind blowing and wanted to get dual but due to space constraints my wife isn't allowing. You can check the below link of all the positive reviews for the sub. You can get one bic and even go dual later. I have also auditioned bic-f12 in a dual set up and it was awesome

BIC pl 200-ii is the best subwoofer under 50K. I myself have the same and selling it just for the sake of getting xtz which gives a marginal improvement for almost twice the cost of the BIC. I have also tested dual bic pl 200-ii it was mind blowing and wanted to get dual but due to space constraints my wife isn't allowing. You can check the below link of all the positive reviews for the sub. You can get one bic and even go dual later. I have also auditioned bic-f12 in a dual set up and it was awesome

Dont have the budget to go for dual bics. If the tagas offer bang for the buck, they would make a good choice. Just want to know if dual tagas would offer better bass quality than a single pl200ii

Dont have the budget to go for dual bics. If the tagas offer bang for the buck, they would make a good choice. Just want to know if dual tagas would offer better bass quality than a single pl200ii
Well dual subs are the way to go. I haven't heard the taga TSW120 so cant comment. Better buy one first and see how it is and if half satisfied go for dual and see how it goes.

Dont have the budget to go for dual bics. If the tagas offer bang for the buck, they would make a good choice.

There isn't a need to push your budget.. You can always settle for what is within your budget..

Just want to know if dual tagas would offer better bass quality than a single pl200ii

I don't know if Taga will beat BIC PL.. But you can be pretty sure that dual subs handsomely win over any single sub, so in that regard dual Taga will have advantages over BIC PL..

Anyways, scout for Taga TSW 200, 12 inch sub, though slightly outside your budget, keep an eye on it for any good price and grab dual if you get a chance..

Your seating is so close to the wall and most likely there is where you have prominent acoustic problems. I think it is better to go with dual subs. You can read reviews about Yamaha sw300. Dual sw300 setup can produce good bass, may be as good as Bic or even better. Have not tested it personally but some reviews are good.

Your seating is so close to the wall and most likely there is where you have prominent acoustic problems. I think it is better to go with dual subs. You can read reviews about Yamaha sw300. Dual sw300 setup can produce good bass, may be as good as Bic or even better. Have not tested it personally but some reviews are good.
Going dual with the yamaha is way beyong my budget!

Going dual with the yamaha is way beyong my budget!
U need to fix ur mind first with the budget then dual or single. If single the best for 40k is Bic pl200-ii if u want to go dual for 40 not a lot of options. Only Taga nd low end subs from Yamaha nd other brands

@elangoas @Love4sound just wanted to know one more thing.... If a sub frequency response is rated 25hz-250hz, will using two of these subs improve the overall frequency response. Like get it down to 20hz or something? if so how much of an improvement can one expect

@elangoas @Love4sound just wanted to know one more thing.... If a sub frequency response is rated 25hz-250hz, will using two of these subs improve the overall frequency response. Like get it down to 20hz or something? if so how much of an improvement can one expect
Well I can’t answer this as I haven’t tested. We will all be happy if it can be achieved in 40k

Well I can’t answer this as I haven’t tested. We will all be happy if it can be achieved in 40k
@Love4sound I meant to ask that as a general rule... Does adding subs improve the overall frequency response of the system? In other words do two sub setups offer more range than using only one of those subs in a single setup?

@Love4sound I meant to ask that as a general rule... Does adding subs improve the overall frequency response of the system? In other words do two sub setups offer more range than using only one of those subs in a single setup?
Dual subs are better then one for sure. But a good single sub will be better then two average subs imo

Depends up on the sub. Commonly said as it can produce 3db or even more of volume with dual setup. The following is my understanding. If the sub is rated at 25-250hz +/-3db and the roll off is not steep, then yes, dual can go deeper. Say, a single produces 25hz at 80db and 22 hz at 77db, then by adding one more sub, it can produce 22hz at around 80db.

Yes it will improve the overall freq response..

Check this video on youtube..

With this measurements in the video, you can apply the same logic of dual Taga Vs single BIC to your room.. So yes, a dual Taga will be better than a single BIC PL for a smoother response in 40K budget..

With this measurements in the video, you can apply the same logic of dual Taga Vs single BIC to your room.. So yes, a dual Taga will be better than a single BIC PL for a smoother response in 40K budget..
Lol that’s a Klipsch 15 inch dual vs a 13 inch.

@elangoas I did watch that video last night. Was revealing... Since I have not seen reviews of taga products by well known reviewers I was skeptical of the quality of their products. The other brands have a pedigree that we know of. But I guess going by what you are saying I can safely assume that they make quality products?

Last edited:
I did watch that video last night. Was revealing... Since I have not seen reviews of taga products by well known reviewers I was skeptical of the quality of their products. The other brands have a pedigree that we know of. But I guess going by what you are saying I can safely assume that they make quality products?

In India, probably we don't have many hi-fi / HT reviewers as much as US / European ppl get.. Just because a product doesn't have review, doesn't mean it wouldn't be good..

As far as i am concerned, i use many Taga products and find it to be as good as any other brand..

In India, probably we don't have many hi-fi / HT reviewers as much as US / European ppl get.. Just because a product doesn't have review, doesn't mean it wouldn't be good..

As far as i am concerned, i use many Taga products and find it to be as good as any other brand..

I was looking for reviews by US/EU reviewers. I checkout the TAGA website and in there 'Where to buy' section they have dealers only in EU and Asia. None in the Americas. So I guess they arent selling in the American market which explains the lack of reviews from that part. From all that I have read dual seems the way to go and I think I'll get the tagas :). Thank you all for your help

Nexthifi has the taga listed at 19k. Just contacted them to see if i can knock down the price a little bit more

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back