What subwoofer for my setup?

For those that are still considering, sealed subs are much better for small rooms. They "punch" more than they "rumble". Especially if you have a small, closed dedicated room, ported subs tend to rumble too much and make it unbearable. Forget about using them for music for most part.
My recommendation would be the SVS SB 1000 or if your budget is on the lower side, consider the Wharfedale D10

I have checked that thread but don't see anybody posting any review of any sort. There are some unboxing images and queries on how to connect it. Can you let us know how the sub performed for music and movies and are you satisfied by the sub?
Earlier i was happy with my Front Tower Bass and Adding this Sub to my Setup i am able to experience the Low notes which i have never noticing in some of the familiar tracks.Movie experience is very good and for Music - Old Songs dint find any value to the sub but for the New Songs the Sub is a Treat to it .
The Sub has a very smooth Bass and till now i have not heard any rumbling sound . I am using my Sub at an volume of 50% and it covers my room area of 10 X 12 " . One impressive thing is that the Bass detailing is very good and you will not feal a Boomy /Muddy Bass anywhere which is hard to find in an Sub in an Budget category .
If you are limited in Budget you can go for this Sub . BIC F12 is also a good option but it goes Boomy sometimes in my listening .

There are many option if you can extend more on your Budget .

Last edited:
Earlier i was happy with my Front Tower Bass and Adding this Sub to my Setup i am able to experience the Low notes which i have never noticing in some of the familiar tracks.
The Sub has a very smooth Bass and till now i have not heard any rumbling sound . The am using my Sub at an volume of 50% and it covers my room area of 10 X 12 " . One impressive thing is that the Bass detailing is very good and you will not feal a Boomy /Muddy Bass anywhere which is hard to find in an Sub in an Budget category .
If you are limited in Budget you can go for this Sub . BIC F12 is also a good option but it goes Boomy sometimes in my listening .

So the sub is more then enough for a small to medium size room.I had my eye on this sub but lack of demo made me avoid this sub. Limited reviews are available online and all are positive. Every ownership feedback for this sub is positive as well.

So the sub is more then enough for a small to medium size room.I had my eye on this sub but lack of demo made me avoid this sub. Limited reviews are available online and all are positive. Every ownership feedback for this sub is positive as well.
Yes it Suits Small and Mid size Rooms very well and the Size is compact when compared to Competitor models .I am expecting my Sub to open up well after some 50 hrs of play .

Earlier i was happy with my Front Tower Bass and Adding this Sub to my Setup i am able to experience the Low notes which i have never noticing in some of the familiar tracks.Movie experience is very good and for Music - Old Songs dint find any value to the sub but for the New Songs the Sub is a Treat to it .
The Sub has a very smooth Bass and till now i have not heard any rumbling sound . I am using my Sub at an volume of 50% and it covers my room area of 10 X 12 " . One impressive thing is that the Bass detailing is very good and you will not feal a Boomy /Muddy Bass anywhere which is hard to find in an Sub in an Budget category .

Thanks for the feedback.

Since this is part of my living room, even looks is a factor. They shouldn't look downright ugly like the Yamaha sw-315.

How will the sw300 compare to a bic PL200 II or a Polk HTS 10 if anyone has heard even those during audition? I am getting torn between the Yamaha sw300, Bic PL200-II and the Polk HTS 10.
There's no way I can audition all together here in Chennai.

My budget is around 35-40K. Living room size is 13x13 ft.

Since this is part of my living room, even looks is a factor. They shouldn't look downright ugly like the Yamaha sw-315.

How will the sw300 compare to a bic PL200 II or a Polk HTS 10 if anyone has heard even those during audition? I am getting torn between the Yamaha sw300, Bic PL200-II and the Polk HTS 10.

Yamaha sw 300 you cant audition any where. Polk HTS10 and bic should be available for demo. For a budget of 35-40 you can check the polk HTS 12 and the Bic pl 200. Go for a 12 inch since you are going to set it up in a living room of 13*13.

For 40K budget BIC PL200II is the best choice. Advantage of PL200 II is, it's a 12" Sub and front firing, also having good review. To hit the low note in movies 12" is must.
I purchased SW300 because my budget was low. I am more than happy with my sub.

For 40K budget BIC PL200II is the best choice. Advantage of PL200 II is, it's a 12" Sub and front firing, also having good review. To hit the low note in movies 12" is must.
I purchased SW300 because my budget was low. I am more than happy with my sub.

Thnx Krish. By any chance, if you audutioned the Bic PL200II, how was it for music? How was the bass - punchy or boomy?

The only reason I am tilting towards the SW300 is due to its lower footprint and modern looks. But if the sound is comparable and good enough for music, I will go for the SW300 and close this.

Thnx Krish. By any chance, if you audutioned the Bic PL200II, how was it for music? How was the bass - punchy or boomy?

The only reason I am tilting towards the SW300 is due to its lower footprint and modern looks. But if the sound is comparable and good enough for music, I will go for the SW300 and close this.
Best is you audition the sub. Audioholics will have both bic f 12 and pl 200 for demo

If you need to Decide on SW300 you may not get Demo anywhere & need to decide based on the reviews as we did .I don't see any negative reviews from anyone who has bought the SW300 . It is a successful product brought by word of mouth :) .

First you need to decide what you want from your sub, you need to rumble you house or you need to enjoy your movies.
In my opinion if you purchase something that you can't utilize at it's full potential is a wastage of money.
I didn't auditioned the BIC Pl 200II as it's not available in my city. I purchased SW300 after audition but was not satisfied at showroom audition.
Bass was boomy, not getting the punch what I was excepting. Still I purchased the SUB and I am happy that I did. It's doing great at my room.
SW 300 is a good VFM, for a 13x13 room SW300 will do the job. It can hit 25 Hz for sure.

Finally I got the SW300 for 29K. Got a demo of a brand new packed piece and purchased it after getting satisfied with the demo at Vipul Audio, chennai. Sound was slightly boomy in the demo but that may be bcos of being brand new or due to lack of Calibration. I wanted to go for a bic PL200 but due to lack of space in my living room, Yamaha sw300 was the only option. It's a perfect cube in size.

My receiver is Yamaha RX-V475. I am using a Amazon basics cable for connection. I am newbie to this whole LFE and stuff like this. So, how do I connect and setup the sub for the best sound? My fronts and centers are focal sib XL on wall speakers with a freq range of 70hz to 35khz.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back