What subwoofer for my setup?

From all that I have read dual seems the way to go

Pretty much..

Nexthifi has the taga listed at 19k. Just contacted them to see if i can knock down the price a little bit more

You may check Taga TSW 200.. It is a 12inch sub.. If you get lucky with price, you can grab two, if not you can settle for dual TSW 120..

They just got back to me.. Both the tsw120 and tsw200 are out of stock.. only the tsw90 is in stock..they are offering it at 16500/- :(

They just got back to me.. Both the tsw120 and tsw200 are out of stock.. only the tsw90 is in stock..they are offering it at 16500/- :(

Between the TSW 90 & 120, there doesn't seem to be much of difference other than the maximum power output.. TSW90 v3 is 90 watt RMS Vs TSW 120 v.2 is 120 watt RMS.. You may wait for sometime to see if they get stocks in sometime (or) look for other alternatives in the price point as a back up..

Was looking at the yamaha sw300.. more expensive but getting it for around 28k.. maybe ill buy one now and get another one later.. have read great things about it!

Was looking at the yamaha sw300.. more expensive but getting it for around 28k.. maybe ill buy one now and get another one later.. have read great things about it!
Keep your expectations a bit low because a 10-inch sub at this enclosure size might not produce the claimed 20 Hz at reference volume. Somewhere I read that it can go as low as 23 Hz. In that case, a dual setup of this sub will be value for the money. Since it is a servo controlled sub, it would be very good for both music and movies. Please PM our members who own this sub and take a call. All the best :)

Keep your expectations a bit low because a 10-inch sub at this enclosure size might not produce the claimed 20 Hz at reference volume. Somewhere I read that it can go as low as 23 Hz. In that case, a dual setup of this sub will be value for the money. Since it is a servo controlled sub, it would be very good for both music and movies. Please PM our members who own this sub and take a call. All the best :)
I get what you are saying. And it looks like going dual right now is out of my budget as I can't find the tagas in stock. And can't find decent subs at around the 20k mark. So am looking at a few other options.... Bic f12, Polk hts 12 and maybe the pl 200ii to use as single subs

Bic f12, Polk hts 12 and maybe the pl 200ii to use as single subs
I have heard all three and bic pl 200-ii is the best. You have a budget of 40 k and definitely the bic pl 200-ii will be enough for your room. You can always go dual later as well. Dual is the way to go but you should get two good subs. You can even get sw300 now and save some money and get one later. The second sub if you are lucky you can get a used for a less price as well.

I have heard all three and bic pl 200-ii is the best. You have a budget of 40 k and definitely the bic pl 200-ii will be enough for your room. You can always go dual later as well. Dual is the way to go but you should get two good subs. You can even get sw300 now and save some money and get one later. The second sub if you are lucky you can get a used for a less price as well.
Getting a used sw300 later is a good idea! Will definitely consider. Thanks!

My luck seems to be really bad... Taga TSW12 no where in stock and my next choice the yamaha sw300 too is not in stock anywhere. So now am out of options. I guess the only thing to do is to wait for them to be back in stock! :(

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to report that I have ordered the yamaha sw300 from htstore.in . Got a pretty decent deal. Am going dual sub and the two puppies are on the way. Just wanted to say thank you for all the suggestions, inputs and guidance. Big shout out to @elangoas and @Love4sound . Will report on my impressions once they arrive!

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to report that I have ordered the yamaha sw300 from htstore.in . Got a pretty decent deal. Am going dual sub and the two puppies are on the way. Just wanted to say thank you for all the suggestions, inputs and guidance. Big shout out to @elangoas and @Love4sound . Will report on my impressions once they arrive!
Good choice with the dual. Dual subs are the best.

Hi Guys,

How much did you pay. I m looking into the same sub

How much did you pay. I m looking into the same sub
Check htstore.in. They had it at 32,490. After speaking to them they changed it to 27500 with free shipping ofcourse. The guy - Lokesh, said they have 5 of them in stock. I bought two. So you might have to hurry.

Got the yamaha subs yesterday. havent had much time to play around with them. Placed one at the right hand corner of the room and the other one about 2/3rds the length of the room away from the sweet spot. Really liking the sound and I seem to be getting very good bass for kind of music i listen to and for movies as well ( just tried one movie and it sounded great ). Will experiment with the placement more when I have the time. All in all pretty satisfied. Just wanted to update this thread with me experience thinking it might help someone wanting to buy this sub. And thank you all for the suggestions you gave me!

Congrats on your purchase. Can you also do a small review covering lowest frequency response, loudness etc?
If we do the calculations, with a little more money, can purchase 4 of these instead of two Bic pl 200ii.

Got the yamaha subs yesterday. havent had much time to play around with them. Placed one at the right hand corner of the room and the other one about 2/3rds the length of the room away from the sweet spot. Really liking the sound and I seem to be getting very good bass for kind of music i listen to and for movies as well ( just tried one movie and it sounded great ). Will experiment with the placement more when I have the time. All in all pretty satisfied. Just wanted to update this thread with me experience thinking it might help someone wanting to buy this sub. And thank you all for the suggestions you gave me!
Please share your experience with NW SW 300. I am also going to purchase one. Your experience will help me out

Please share your experience with NW SW 300. I am also going to purchase one. Your experience will help me out
For my room and my setup am pretty happy. Dual subs do make a difference... Bass seems tighter and more even throughout the room. The subs are plenty loud for my room of about 2000cu ft. Running them at about 40% only. At the price range i think they are a good buy. If you can audition a few subs before committing. If you want single sub try the bic f12 too

Back