What to upgrade first?

Guys m planning to buy crown amplifier from here in india..
And for the yamaha one ill try look in dubai if i get a good price.. for pre amp i guess buying without bill wont be much of a risk..

There are two things i wud like to know
1) which dac is more superior the ess sabre or burr brown.
2) whether buying a blu ray player from dubai is feasible? Are they region locked?
3) my tv is 4k , avr is well equipped with 4k capability then it makes more sense that i shud be going for a 4k blu ray player.. if yes then if anyone can suggest a cheap and best option..
I have using both the ESS sabre (Peachtree) and Burr brown (Yamaha AVR). But these can not be a comparison as the implementation of a DAC is the most important part. So no one can say a 'chip' is better by itself. Although i prefer the sabre DAC as it works well in my system.
Have no opinion about the other two, but if whatever you intend to watch is available on 4k bluray, go for it.

Guys m planning to buy crown amplifier from here in india..
And for the yamaha one ill try look in dubai if i get a good price.. for pre amp i guess buying without bill wont be much of a risk..

There are two things i wud like to know
1) which dac is more superior the ess sabre or burr brown.
2) whether buying a blu ray player from dubai is feasible? Are they region locked?
3) my tv is 4k , avr is well equipped with 4k capability then it makes more sense that i shud be going for a 4k blu ray player.. if yes then if anyone can suggest a cheap and best option..
If you are buying Crown amplifier.. Please post your experience , i am also looking to buy crown amp to power my speakers.

If you are buying Crown amplifier.. Please post your experience , i am also looking to buy crown amp to power my speakers.

Just saw a bunch of crown Amplifiers arriving for our Community mini theatre build. Not sure about the models, will understand more by this weekend. It is sporting an Aventage CX-A5100, so i assume there should be atleast half a dozen crown amps..including some mono amps

Just saw a bunch of crown Amplifiers arriving for our Community mini theatre build. Not sure about the models, will understand more by this weekend. It is sporting an Aventage CX-A5100, so i assume there should be atleast half a dozen crown amps..including some mono amps
Those Crown amp will not be drive core XLS series i guess

Hey folks an update!

I had put a mail to harman regarding xls 1502. A guy called from harman international team and asked about my requirements.. he said xls 1502 can very well be used for home purposes. But once i told him about my speakers he said ur speakers can handle 300 watts at peak. So if u plan to use 1502 dont run it on more than 40 percent gain otherwise it'll damage ur speakers. At the end he said i have a better suggestion for you and he suggested JBL Csa2120z amplifier drive core. He said it has better damping as compared to 1502( i dont know what he meant by that) and you will like it more than xls.
Anybody here who has an idea regarding this power amp?

@Akshit2111 Well he probably thought that you were going to use the gain as volume control. I have my crown set at almost full gain as it sounds the best with my preamp not going over 12:00. Did you inquire about the price? Listed on Amazon.com for $459. Check Indian pricing.

@Akshit2111 Well he probably thought that you were going to use the gain as volume control. I have my crown set at almost full gain as it sounds the best with my preamp not going over 12:00. Did you inquire about the price? Listed on Amazon.com for $459. Check Indian pricing.
Ya he told me it'll cost around 35 36..he said it originally costs around 60k.

The one you are looking at csa80 he suggested csa2120z. 120 watts per channel rms.

The one you are looking at csa80 he suggested csa2120z. 120 watts per channel rms.
Did you explain it to him that you would be using the Yamaha as your preamp? Anyways, I have no experience with any JBL amplifiers, so can not be of much help in this situation.

My speakers are rated at 300w and gain is 95%...i dont know what HARMAN guy said....but if you are asking for JBL...then no experience at all

Did you explain it to him that you would be using the Yamaha as your preamp? Anyways, I have no experience with any JBL amplifiers, so can not be of much help in this situation.

I told him but since the conversation was around speakers and watts there was no mention of the preamp.

I have no idea how his claim of blowing up speakers can be substantiated. If anything, low power amplifiers are more likely to damage any given speakers than a high powered one. Maybe because he has a better commission on the JBL amp;)

I have no idea how his claim of blowing up speakers can be substantiated. If anything, low power amplifiers are more likely to damage any given speakers than a high powered one. Maybe because he has a better commission on the JBL amp;)
Yeah.. true to some extent I guess.
JBLpro 4645c subwoofer costs 1/3rd of similar performing JBL synthesis s1s-ex subwoofer ( these both subwoofers use same driver. And both are passive subwoofers.

Back