Where on Gods green earth do i find a Yamaha YHT 299!?

A Quick suggestion,

Am using YHT-299 for few months. So for so good :). But this is what i feel, I would like to go for some floor standers for the fronts. I observed the same feeling with few fellow forum members using YHT-299, At this point of time, i would really suggest to get a decent receiver for (15 - 20 K) and Jamo S426HCS3 (27K Approx) or any other 5.1 with Floor standers and add a Sub woofer later point of time if you have a very tight budget right now.

PGY - Yesterday I was re-watching Jurassic Park 5.1 encoded movie in my YHT-299 and as you are aware, it sounds great. I feel sometimes, i don't have to quickly go in for Floor standing speakers to replace my front speakers and it can wait.

It is only when I want to listen to some music, i feel sometime let down and wanting to go for FS. In the weekend, when I watch movies, i feel why to invest again in FS and it can wait.. it goes vice versa for past few days :)

PGY - Yesterday I was re-watching Jurassic Park 5.1 encoded movie in my YHT-299 and as you are aware, it sounds great. I feel sometimes, i don't have to quickly go in for Floor standing speakers to replace my front speakers and it can wait.

It is only when I want to listen to some music, i feel sometime let down and wanting to go for FS. In the weekend, when I watch movies, i feel why to invest again in FS and it can wait.. it goes vice versa for past few days :)
True Murlidher,

When you listen to music, we feel that some thing is missing :). Movies no complaints at all. Yeah i will also wait for a couple of months atleast till new year and see :).

Will Yamaha honour warranty if we get it from ebay?

The Ebay.in seller has to be a Yamaha Authorized Dealer. Very few, if any, sellers on Ebay.in are authorized by the manufacturers. Please check with Yamaha to be absolutely sure before throwing so much money away at Ebay.in. See Yamaha's statement at Terms and Conditions of Warranty - Support - Yamaha - India where they say:

Yamaha provides warranty coverage for new Yamaha products originally sold by Yamaha Authorized Dealers located in India. Yamaha products purchased from retailers other than Yamaha Authorized Dealers ( Via the internet or otherwise) will NOT be covered by Yamaha's Warranties and Yamaha Authorized Service Centers will not repair such products under warranty.

Completely agree with you Murli. Movies are really good in YHT 299. Music is good but just not great. BTW, I have seen Sinister Yesterday based on your suggestion in the Movies thread. Sound effects are cool in that movie.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

great. also try watching 'Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World'. The opening battle scene in few minutes would make the owner of YHT-299 proud :yahoo:

Of course there are many movies which sounds great in HT, but just thought to share this since it was some of them i watched recently

great. also try watching 'Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World'. The opening battle scene in few minutes would make the owner of YHT-299 proud :yahoo:

Of course there are many movies which sounds great in HT, but just thought to share this since it was some of them i watched recently

yes, great scene to test out HT's

Surrounds :eek:hyeah:

Hello every1,
After reading the reviews here, I went ahead and booked a 299 from Reliance Digital in Santacruz, Mumbai. They said that the system will be delivered in 15 days. It was more than a month today and they still didnt deliver nor were they giving proper replies over the phone. I lost my trust and got full amount refunded today. Is there any place in mumbai that still has this system in stock? Alfa said that 299 is out of stock and they have 2910 only. Is 2910 worth the buy? (P.S. reliance digital in santacruz has a demo unit which they are offering at 10% discount)
Thanks,
Jaimin

Hello every1,
After reading the reviews here, I went ahead and booked a 299 from Reliance Digital in Santacruz, Mumbai. They said that the system will be delivered in 15 days. It was more than a month today and they still didnt deliver nor were they giving proper replies over the phone. I lost my trust and got full amount refunded today. Is there any place in mumbai that still has this system in stock? Alfa said that 299 is out of stock and they have 2910 only. Is 2910 worth the buy? (P.S. reliance digital in santacruz has a demo unit which they are offering at 10% discount)
Thanks,
Jaimin

I don't think you will find 299 unless someone has any old stock. People are saying that 299 was better than 2910. So there is no meaning spending more for degraded system.

I guess you are right. No point in searching for 299 anymore
Alfa offering 2910 at slightly less than 39k. Is it a good buy at this price.

Finally I managed to get one sealed box from Reliance Digital Express in Noida. It was the last piece I guess in whole of North India. Got a good deal @ 32850.... There are a couple of pieces available in Bangalore, I don't think there is any more in NCR. Lucky to have one.... :)...
Hope you get one soon....

Finally I managed to get one sealed box from Reliance Digital Express in Noida. It was the last piece I guess in whole of North India. Got a good deal @ 32850.... There are a couple of pieces available in Bangalore, I don't think there is any more in NCR. Lucky to have one.... :)...
Hope you get one soon....

Do you know where it is available in Bangalore. I am searching for it in Bangalore for the last 3 months and could not find anywhere. The only place is Amazon and Snapdeal.

Hi guys

what is difference between 299 & 298??

i have a 298 since last year happy with it. But now stereo bug bitten me & wanna build the new setup.

package is like yamaha yht 298 (without yamaha woofer) + jamo 210 sub.

Last edited:
You may find this in recent days as 300 quantity has imported

and the purchase price is 14,319 only... is it true???

YAMAHA HOME THEATER PACKAGE YHT-299
BLACK //L (ZG05620) (CHINA)
China
Nhava Sheva Sea
SET
18-Jun-2014

and the purchase price is 14,319 only... is it true???

YAMAHA HOME THEATER PACKAGE YHT-299
BLACK //L (ZG05620) (CHINA)
China
Nhava Sheva Sea
SET
18-Jun-2014

My information is from same web site. Import date is 13th Oct.

Check in Digital express (by reliance digital). The guy at digital express where I purchased told me that there are 2 pieces available in Bangalore.
Digital express not reliance digital. Good luck..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back