Where to buy 3D projector in Chennai

Well for so many odd things in life there are few takers, so in no way we are talking about this breed of people, this is a simple thing which we need to realize.

The point is in most cases whoever will go for a projector is surely looking for a bigger image and sound being of zero value is just not possible unless they are partly deaf or do not understand the simple basics.

With watching movie from 6 feet, it clearly means room length is no more to 8/9 feet, so breadth will be a petty 7/8 feet, so your so called big screen viewing is beaten down black and blue, as the image area will drop considerably, which shall also mean that you are under utilizing the beam power by about 40/50%, what a mother of waste.

If this is not enough, in such a situation over all one would be watching from a bizarre 4 feet and not the so called 6 feet. In-fact some may even suggest to have the room a/c only 1 feet away from bed so that cooling will be more better.

On forums there are so many threads on how some small acoustics can be done with little money and importantly this can be partly achieved with some minor changes in the room. With these thoughts will this be a good cup of tea?

To continue ...

V.

well there are few who want only big screen viewing sound is immaterial hence acoustic can be eliminated.... over this one has to afford a accoustician, which will be more than the cost of projector...DIY acoutics is not cup of tea.

Last edited:
My room size is 15X10. If I use a hd projector. Will it be not good for his room.

Room size matters for using a projector.

Thanks

Its a decent size room. Projector will be fine for this room. You can even have a 8 ft wide screen in this room, no problem.

I have sorted down to Optoma HD700x and optoma HD65. Since i am going to s'pore and bankok.

Please give me some info

Re: Projector Is Not The Only Thing To Look For

in my office i have the projector installed @ 7ft and my sitting is 6 ft away.....i have very good viewing 30deg angle for a 5 feet wide screen....its a record as per your say, experience it to belive

For mother of records here also PJ was installed at almost 6 to 8 feet approx:p

11172008638473.jpg

Mother Of Record

Indeed it is a mother of record, but foolish all the way.

To watch a movie from around 6 feet can never be wise as explained in earlier posts, i will take the opportunity to say it again that the image area is going to be too less, while it is a another story that for this type of room more image area is mostly not possible. :p

While there is a another mother of record towards foolish, look at the sitting arrangement, movies are watched every now and then, to sit on this kind of a uncomfortable sofa for a full movie is like a assault on the human back etc and comfort level going to the dogs. :p :p

Finally if these mother of records are not enough, look at the disaster in terms of room acoustic. :p :p :p

The point is if someone goes the wrong way it is important to point out, because this is a forum, many people would get carried away for the wrong advice etc. :sad:

V.

For mother of records here also PJ was installed at almost 6 to 8 feet approx:p

11172008638473.jpg

Last edited:
How do you know that top part is appealing to eye and not the bottom part? :p

By the way i thought a "T" shirt is more appealing then a shirt, especially when it is a week-end. Is this wit better?

To Continue ....

V.

generally top part is appealing to eye rather than bottom part, if you were a good shirt it will be more appealing.....pls give a better wit for what you want to expain

Re: Mother Of Record

Indeed it is a mother of record, but foolish all the way.

To watch a movie from around 6 feet can never be wise as explained in earlier posts, i will take the opportunity to say it again that the image area is going to be too less, while it is a another story that for this type of room more image area is mostly not possible. :p

While there is a another mother of record towards foolish, look at the sitting arrangement, movies are watched every now and then, to sit on this kind of a uncomfortable sofa for a full movie is like a assault on the human back etc and comfort level going to the dogs. :p :p

Finally if these mother of records are not enough, look at the disaster in terms of room acoustic. :p :p :p

The point is if someone goes the wrong way it is important to point out, because this is a forum, many people would get carried away for the wrong advice etc. :sad:

V.

It is indeed " individual preference " to enjoy their setup.. We can enjoy what we have and what we can afford with... From my end we should not put hurdles if anybody want to install PJ at 8 feet and enjoy sitting at 7 feet... Only we can scroll them thru to make comfortable with what they have...

It is indeed a individual preference.

If eventually one wants to watch from 7 feet, sure why not, if they are comfortable from 4 feet then be it.

While it is a another story that the one who will watch from 7 feet, his family and friends will actually view from a mere 4 to 5 feet, this is very scary.

The fact of matter is if anyone trying to watch movie on a regular basis from a Petty distance will regret sooner then later because in no way one can enjoy laced with the numerous drawbacks as written in several posts.

If one has a room length problem then the best way out is to go for a LCD & 5.1, needless to say only bookshelves.

V.

Last edited:
It is indeed a individual preference.

If eventually one wants to watch from 7 feet, sure why not, if they are comfortable from 4 feet then be it.

While it is a another story that the one who will watch from 7 feet, his family and friends will actually view from a mere 4 to 5 feet, this is very scary.

The fact of matter is if anyone trying to watch movie on a regular basis from a Petty distance will regret sooner then later because in no way one can enjoy laced with the numerous drawbacks as written in several posts.

If one has a room length problem then the best way out is to go for a LCD & 5.1, needless to say only bookshelves.

V.

The matter of "individual preference" once comes whether it is 6 feet or 4 feet, it doesn't matter..

Matter of fact it was proved there were people watching PJ from 6 feet... Well they may not watch at a big screen of 100", but they can definitely can watch more than 72" very easily..

Why you should be scary about their family of sitting in 4 feet:p. Let them sit at 7 feet itself..

As a matter of fact, if you have ever visited cinema theater nearby, most of theatres and also in multiplex first row starts from the 10feet... They are watching a Giant Screen size of 300" and above.Is it Scary???.. Why not 60"/72" at 7 feet:p:) and an floorstander:)

My point is very clear and will say it again that by any standard to watch a movie from 4/6 feet is nothing short of a wrong idea, the details of which are already there in several posts, please make some effort to read them and tell me why are those writings wrong. :p

The photo by which you proved that they were watching from 6 feet (post # 28) is nothing short of a blunder, be it the view distance, pathetic sitting arrangement laced with zero acoustics and i am sure for you all this is alright to the core. :p :p

If one is going to watch movie from that kind of a sofa be assured that one will have to undergo within a year 2 surgeries, one for the back and one for the neck, so please consider to wake up towards the reality and stop promoting the wrong photo etc :p :p :p

If one will watch 72 inches from 4/6 feet, that too is not good while the projector capability is 120 inches, so what a waste in so many respects. :p :p :p :p

I am surprised that you are not understanding the reason for being scary at 4 feet, are you suggesting that there is no harm even having the 2Ton air condition at 4 feet while sleeping with airflow at center? Further please do realize that the family can not sit at 7 feet because the room breadth is likely to be quite small. :p :p :p :p :p

In the cinema hall as a matter of fact there are never any takers for the front row if back seats are available so that itself shows how useless it is to sit in the front rows. :p :p :p :p :p :p

The floor standers are not a preference for such a small room as the breadth is already to small, screen size and sitting area is already a mother of disaster, with the floor stander it will go to bigger mess. If you will apply your mind then be assured it will scare you. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :)

V.

The matter of "individual preference" once comes whether it is 6 feet or 4 feet, it doesn't matter..

Matter of fact it was proved there were people watching PJ from 6 feet... Well they may not watch at a big screen of 100", but they can definitely can watch more than 72" very easily..

Why you should be scary about their family of sitting in 4 feet:p. Let them sit at 7 feet itself..

As a matter of fact, if you have ever visited cinema theater nearby, most of theatres and also in multiplex first row starts from the 10feet... They are watching a Giant Screen size of 300" and above.Is it Scary???.. Why not 60"/72" at 7 feet:p:) and an floorstander:)

Last edited:
I am surprised that you are not understanding the reason for being scary at 4 feet, are you suggesting that there is no harm even having the 2Ton air condition at 4 feet while sleeping with airflow at center? Further please do realize that the family can not sit at 7 feet because the room breadth is likely to be quite small. :p :p :p :p :p

In the cinema hall as a matter of fact there are never any takers for the front row if back seats are available so that itself shows how useless it is to sit in the front rows. :p :p :p :p :p :p

If one will watch 72 inches from 4/6 feet, that too is not good while the projector capability is 120 inches, so what a waste in so many respects. :p :p :p :p :p :p

The floor standers are not a preference for such a small room as the breadth is already to small, screen size and sitting area is already a mother of disaster, with the floor stander it will go to bigger mess. If you will apply your mind then be assured it will scare you. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :)

V.

No need of replying to other points and I dont find valid and for somebody it may suit...

Just taken an example of the photo uploaded earlier, whether it cannot accomadate a family:D(unless otherwise family with an 5 or 10 people:p) They are not going to sleep and watch the movie..Sit and Watch...

As you can see if you are in society still theaters are in houseful shows, whether people going are useless or scared of watching the movie from front row.. CRAZY.. This is the word exactly applies to all...:eek:hyeah:

Please note that all PJ are capable of throwing an image size of 200" and above on higher side,,, Ur 8350 is capable of doing that... Can i tell it is useless and "What a Waste" for you to watch at 120'':D:D:D Limitation it works for all.

Last edited:
I will try to explain you again for why you are completely wrong. :p

It is interesting to note that often you do not have answers to the points which i have mentioned so you say they are not valid etc, quite a mother of escape. :D

On the other hand many a times your writing does not hold ground by even a inch but i still reply point to point because that is the way it should be especially when a crucial debate is in motion. I hope you will understand this at some point of time. :p

In most of the family there are around 5 people in the house and some of them often have several visitors, so they too would like to see a movie sometimes. In a 8 feet room length, how is it possible for the family to see a movie from 6 feet? :D

It naturally will have 2 rows, so the first row will be a 3/4 feet keeping in mind that between the 2 rows there has to be a gap of 1 feet. If one has a good room length one can always have recliners, they can lie flat and watch movies. :p

It seems you are no where near the society, have you ever seen the front rows occupied in a cinema hall when back rows are empty? Indeed it is crazy that you are not able to understand a simple thing as this. :D

Indeed projectors are capable to throw higher image, the point is we have to utilize as much as possible and not make a mockery of projector with tiny throw distance and create a nuisance value of a projector due to some people's low brain level. :p

As i have made you quite on several points with the earlier posts, this clearly shows that you were wrong, so at least others will not be taken for a ride with your thought process. :D

So you keep removing new pointers and they too are going down big time as i am having the usual opportunity to reply. :p :D

V.

No need of replying to other points and I dont find valid and for somebody it may suit...

Just taken an example of the photo uploaded earlier, whether it cannot accomadate a family:D(unless otherwise family with an 5 or 10 people:p) They are not going to sleep and watch the movie..Sit and Watch...

As you can see if you are in society still theaters are in houseful shows, whether people going are useless or scared of watching the movie from front row.. CRAZY.. This is the word exactly applies to all...:eek:hyeah:

Please note that all PJ are capable of throwing an image size of 200" and above on higher side,,, Ur 8350 is capable of doing that... Can i tell it is useless and "What a Waste" for you to watch at 120'':D:D:D Limitation it works for all.

Last edited:
I will try to explain you again for why you are completely wrong. :p

It is interesting to note that often you do not have answers to the points which i have mentioned so you say they are not valid etc, quite a mother of escape. :D

On the other hand many a times your writing does not hold ground by even a inch but i still reply point to point because that is the way it should be especially when a crucial debate is in motion. I hope you will understand this at some point of time. :p

In most of the family there are around 5 people in the house and some of them often have several visitors, so they too would like to see a movie sometimes. In a 8 feet room length, how is it possible for the family to see a movie from 6 feet? :D

It naturally will have 2 rows, so the first row will be a 3/4 feet keeping in mind that between the 2 rows there has to be a gap of 1 feet. If one has a good room length one can always have recliners, they can lie flat and watch movies. :p

It seems you are no where near the society, have you ever seen the front rows occupied in a cinema hall when back rows are empty? Indeed it is crazy that you are not able to understand a simple thing as this. :D

Indeed projectors are capable to throw higher image, the point is we have to utilize as much as possible and not make a mockery of projector with tiny throw distance and create a nuisance value of a projector due to some people's low brain level. :p

As i have made you quite on several points with the earlier posts, this clearly shows that you were wrong, so at least others will not be taken for a ride with your thought process. :D

So you keep removing new pointers and they too are going down big time as i am having the usual opportunity to reply. :p :D

V.

As replying in step by step doesn't prove that you know everything and you are right. May be it may be read by an starter of Hifi with blinking eyes without knowing the facts. As a matter of fact two of our forum members have clearly told they are having PJ Setup at 8 ft and they are very comfortable with watching.. For 'Mother of records" they were currently here in forum.

Skipping of replies from my end doesn't meant that avoiding replies and there is no use of replying since you have skipped from the original point of view what have been discussed earlier and what OP wants.

Yourself told it is indeed "Personal preference" and trying to prove that you are insisting that PJ should not be used for an 6ft viewing:D

Yourself cannot stand in one point of "Preference " and indeed you try to fool the other people that for an 6 to 8 ft room is not suitable for watching an PJ... Already i posted an PJ setup with 6 feet distance and have neat arrangement to watch the same.. But you came with "family":p matter into the picture..

At last you talked about "Limitation" of PJ and told why PJ should be used for 72" if capable of producing 120" quoting cost..:):) There is no answer from your end why you are using for 120" in you so called Mini Movie theatre:p:p since your PJ is capable of producing 200" and above:D

I remove pointer for valid reason and you specificaly remove pointers since you cannot reply..

Anyway sorry for OP for going off topic and may be we can debate the same point in different thread with Mod permission..;)

It is a open knowledge that if one replies point by point does not mean that one is right, so what are you getting at? ;)

The forum member who is watching from 8 feet is a another ball game, in there case too they have limitation with the room length, so they have no choice. :indifferent14:

You are in advocate of watching from 6 feet, while you are not understanding the reality that they are watching from 3/4 feet, please read the posts carefully. Please try not to create a evasive mother of records. :indifferent14:

If one skips replies, often it is a clear indication that the person is running away from facts. It is very funny when you say that i have skipped from the original point of view, the entire posts are near to nearest the debate. :indifferent14:

Indeed it is a personal choice to watch the projector from a close distance but it seems you are just not getting the point that the one's who have never used a projector should not be carried away that it is fine to watch from a petty 3/4 feet because the so called 6 feet, in real terms is 3/4 feet, do you understand or no, sure i will make more attempts so that you can catch up for what i am saying. :D

I am standing with firm footing so there is no question to fool other people, i have continuously replied to your writing, it is you who is not able to sink with the reality and go evasive etc with replies. :rolleyes:

The neat arrangement which you are writing about the photo, it seems you are out of hand to realize that it was not a neat photo by any standard, if one watches movies for a year with that kind of a sitting, the family members may require a double surgery and the family will take a vow to never get into the projector world. :mad:

If i came out with the family factor, that was the most correct thing to do because it is the family who has to watch the movie or are you suggesting that their dogs etc are to watch movies? :p

I am at least using up to 55% of the image which a projector can generate while you are suggesting to use a petty 20/25% of it's capacity. So please try to run a fair comparison. :yahoo:

One of the reasons why i advocate a longer room length is so that we can get bigger image area and the opportunity to tap the projector beam well. :clapping:

I have replied to each and every point mentioned by you, yet you have the odd capacity to say that i can not reply. Please show me where i did not reply. :p

V.

As replying in step by step doesn't prove that you know everything and you are right. May be it may be read by an starter of Hifi with blinking eyes without knowing the facts. As a matter of fact two of our forum members have clearly told they are having PJ Setup at 8 ft and they are very comfortable with watching.. For 'Mother of records" they were currently here in forum.

Skipping of replies from my end doesn't meant that avoiding replies and there is no use of replying since you have skipped from the original point of view what have been discussed earlier and what OP wants.

Yourself told it is indeed "Personal preference" and trying to prove that you are insisting that PJ should not be used for an 6ft viewing:D

Yourself cannot stand in one point of "Preference " and indeed you try to fool the other people that for an 6 to 8 ft room is not suitable for watching an PJ... Already i posted an PJ setup with 6 feet distance and have neat arrangement to watch the same.. But you came with "family":p matter into the picture..

At last you talked about "Limitation" of PJ and told why PJ should be used for 72" if capable of producing 120" quoting cost..:):) There is no answer from your end why you are using for 120" in you so called Mini Movie theatre:p:p since your PJ is capable of producing 200" and above:D

I remove pointer for valid reason and you specificaly remove pointers since you cannot reply..

Anyway sorry for OP for going off topic and may be we can debate the same point in different thread with Mod permission..;)

Last edited:
Mr. Maya ...

I will not choose the fonts which you like. I have selected a variety of fonts which are readable fine.

It seems you are out of your mind when you say "do donor members have exception's". You may like to read the forum rules, it nowhere says that donors have exceptions. I am a donor member because i feel it is worth.

In no way i am getting carried away, to place forward for what i feel is absolutely in order, are you treating yourself as a queen in projector? Indeed each to his own, no offenses.....

If i had started a thread about year ago when i needed a projector so naturally there will be many posts, so how can a movie be made on such a subject, you must try to apply your mind.

I have not called up more then 2 persons for the projector suggestion, you are a horrible liar when you say i called everyone nook and corner of the country.

If my projector is having some problems i have voiced it and now you are getting worked up on this too, where are you heading, do you have a idea?

It is quite a shame that you are calling other person a clown if he had issues with the projector, by the way please get your facts right, in other forums it was not one person but many of them are having problems with 8350. You are just not able to get the basic facts right, quite a mother of disaster.

About the 6 feet viewing is more of a 3/4 feet viewing for which i have written several posts so do point out where i am wrong instead of writing on blanket basis.

We are humans not animals that you are writing about the tail. Do you have a tail? If yes, please do not ape an animal but go and take a surgery to remove the tail.

There is nothing like instincts, a projector costs lot of money and there are other expenses like a screen etc, one needs to know the facts of a 6 to 3 feet viewing before such a expensive buy. These high end buys can never ever be done on basis of instincts, you better realize this sooner then later.

We are talking about movies projector now what is the application all about?

It is a basic knowledge that everyone has his own affordability level, there are things which others can afford but i can not, so i do not understand for what you mean.

I always put myself in other persons shoe and see, that is why i have been suggesting that a 6 feet viewing distance can not be correct so i do not want others to loose money and that the projector becomes a nuisance value in terms of entertainment.

V.

--

MR.Vinay...

do you have any problem to use big size font's?? do donor members have exception's

you are getting carried away by this PJ business, you treat yourself as king in PJ'S. each to his own, no offenses....

but just don't get carried away.....simple example, you started a thread for your pj buying, uhhh a movie can be made with that masala...you needed others support to buy a PJ, you call everyone nook & corner of country for suggestions...finally you blamed the PJ following some clown who blamed the PJ in some other forum

as per your say i hold the "MOTHER OF RECORD",

now some clown says 6FT is not good for viewing, you catch his tail and follow....stop following others rely on instincts & applications

everybody cannot afford a mini theater and EXPENSIVE SCREEN like yours

so put yourself in others shoes and forseee

Last edited:
Why isn't the moderator Venkatcr deleting this thread the way he deleted my Projector pricing threat without giving me notice? If my pricing thread (which contained details of pricing of every home theatre projector officially launched in India till date) doesn't "add value", this thread damn sure doesn't add any value to anyone.

I too think that a thread should not be deleted without intimation.

In-fact on some important thread the reasons should be discussed by the moderator before a delete, if reasons are not found satisfactory then the thread may be deleted.

I need to tell you that this thread does create enough value especially for the people who are considering to get into a projector with mere viewing distance of 3/6 feet. With this thread they can at least take a proper call if it is right or no for them.

While there are other issues too in this thread about the advocate of crappy sitting area with no acoustic value especially when someone can afford it very well, then there are issues to get a floor stander speakers for such a small room, etc.

I am in no way a beneficiary for these writings, the point is very clear by many of the forum members at various threads to save the people if they are considering a wrong advice etc but if some do not feel so it is their respective call.

The joy is that both parties freely put their views for a learning experience and this is among what a forum is all about.

V.

Last edited:
Mr. Maya ...

It seems you are out of your mind when you say "do donor members have exception's". You may like to read the forum rules, it nowhere says that donors have exceptions. I am a donor member because i feel it is worth.

We are humans not animals that you are writing about the tail. Do you have a tail? If yes, please do not ape an animal but go and take a surgery to remove the tail.

V.

--

I too think that a thread should not be deleted without intimation.

The joy is that both parties freely put their views for a learning experience and this is among what a forum is all about.

V.

I could see the intentions of JOY:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I have not said anything on my own, it is just that i have replied back in the same coin. :yahoo:

I wish you could also read and digest my good intentions in many posts, it would have been a much more joy for me.
:p

V.

I could see the intentions of JOY:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back