Where to report defected items received from fellow member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I did tell you it is a distress sale as Im moving to a smaller 2bhk which was registered in April 2021 and we are moving by 15th June. I can share copy of registration too.
Sorry sir I don’t need I just need you to please get speakers to repair or give all my money back. I can’t take all the hit all alone.

I know it’s easier said than done but the best option may be to get the repairs appraised by the manufacturer . Once some numbers come up you can start saving so that at the end of the day ( perhaps a few months or a year ) I am sure you will get the system you desired. Also these things , they really prey on our minds and inflict a lot of agony when the ‘trauma’ is so fresh. But time will allow us to see things from a fresher perspective and help us count our blessings , like in this case , you don’t have the hassle of shipping them abroad , as the manufacturer is right here in India.
Or perhaps you might get a good craftsman locally and with the help of some guidance from knowledgable people — who knows even the manufacturer may chime in — and you may have them ‘back on their feet’ , literally in this case , sooner than you think.
But if you let this rancour continue , it will just impact your peace of mind and health and perhaps even family members may have to face some effect of it.
Just my two pence, please don’t take any offence, if I have said anything insensitive.
I can’t ship them to manufacture but they charges of repair must be taken take by seller as he has money.
For Lyrita will get them repaired my self I am not even bothering him about it.

I can’t take all the hit on everything as I paid him real money not fake one.

Enough has been said and heard, probably seller didn't anticipate that the shipping will go that wrong and so as the buyer. Both parties have their own reasons, I totally get it. You guys better take this discussion offline and resolve it amicably. Posting here won't lead to any meaningful resolution.

Moderators, you guys either intervene to mediate this issue or close this thread.
I totally agreed and I can ship them to manufacture but they charges of repair must be taken take by seller as he has money.

Why not? It seems that @jenson believes he went about it the right way. You believe he was wrong. With all due respect to the FMs that have chipped in, it is quite evident that everybody has a different take on the matter and they're more or less equally divided.

If you believe you have been wronged and you have confidence in your stance, go right ahead and let the courts decide.

Pressing this issue here is not going to get you anywhere.

Also, since you believe it's a case of bad packaging rather than @jenson defrauding you by misrepresenting the actual condition of the item, please don't file a police case against him simply to coerce him.

In any case, your views have been recorded publicly so this can be used as evidence against you if you decide to file a police complaint.

Both parties should have exercised diligence and liability cannot be fastened only on the seller.
Sir I have not done anything wrong here I gave him real and actual money we agreed on not the damaged money.
Then why would I take hit of all the damages??

please be realistic.

If mr jenson don’t respond to my multiple requests of getting speakers damages repair then what should I do

Please let’s have call and wisely mediate.

I totally agreed and I can ship them to manufacture but they charges of repair must be taken take by seller as he has money.

What weird logic is this?

If you're insinuating that you're poor, you should've been doubly sure that you weren't getting screwed/exercised extra diligence since you don't have any to spare.

If the functionality isn't affected because of the damage and if you really did get a steal deal (can't judge as I don't know the prices) then you're better off taking the loss and stop adding more stress in your life, especially not in these tough times.

The seller could've been careless but he definitely had no intention to scam you by sending already damaged or non functional items so consider that too. Arguing here isn't going to solve anything.
Sir if that’s the case then why he’s not taking responsibility of the the damages done by the shippment he done himself and sent it by his known delivery guy.

What weird logic is this?

If you're insinuating that you're poor, you should've been doubly sure that you weren't getting screwed/exercised extra diligence since you don't have any to spare.
I didn’t meant about rich or poor. I ment to said that he has my money and money he got was we agreed and money was not damaged or any other problems.

You please help us to mediate and get the solution.

I request everyone that some senior wise members should mediate and help us in sorting this issue.

Please someone senior member please msg on Private chats we can have phone call to discuss whole problem.

please someone mediate

ok, in that case, please return all the items given for free and were not part of original sale thread as repair of speaker is the the only action item per you.
  1. Spare Lowther driver - 1 piece
  2. Murthy's speaker cables - 1 pair
  3. Mogami Interconnect - 1 pair
  4. Gotham interconnect - 1 pair
  5. Spare Lyrita tubes - 3 pieces
  6. 21 audio cds
  7. 4-5 LPs
  8. Since you mentioned you would have paid for insurance if suggested, lets also work insurance cost and make that half of whatever rethm would quote for repair.
  9. Lets also assume the fact that you would have paid for good wooden packaging which is to yours and some other members satisfaction here. and put a cost to that, and incllude that as well in repair cost.
payment so far-
Rethm -75k
Lyrita dht + 2a3 set amplifier - 35k
Pulz pre + Ha 400 - 20k
Total - 1.30 lakhs
extra 12k for shipping and tubes - ill pay back 5 k for the tubes.

once i receive aforesaid items, you may ship items to rethm and we will share the expenses quoted (insurance cost + packaging cost)

Last edited:
there are a lot pics yes . But its apparent that packaging was nowhere near tank like . Speakers should have had more foam , bubble wrap , double cardboard packing and wooden crate ensuring that it does not move internally . this would have costed more in packaging and shipping costs . I dont know the prices but dont agree with this great deal concept when its damaged in this manner . Also despite the seller informing the buyer that goods in the first package is damaged ,to still go on and not do anything for the remaining before shipping ??

Sir I have not done anything wrong here I gave him real and actual money we agreed on not the damaged money.
Then why would I take hit of all the damages??

please be realistic.

If mr jenson don’t respond to my multiple requests of getting speakers damages repair then what should I do

Please let’s have call and wisely mediate.
My dear friend, you're not being realistic. If being realistic is the issue, and you've been on this forum long enough (longer than me in any case), you should've insisted on insurance.

In my first instance as a seller when i was only 3 months along on this forum, though the buyer never insisted on it and in fact, advised against it, i opted for insurance. Why? Because i explored the forum and realised that handling can be an issue. Also from my own "REALISTIC" experience from having lived on this planet, we are not strangers to bad handling by couriers/baggage handlers.

That is the reason why Amazon has a 10 day return policy wherein, amongst other things, package being damaged is one of the reasons why you can return the item. If that was not a possibility, why would Amazon or any other site offer it as an option to return items? It's always a real possibility and if you say you were not aware of it, you did not exercise reasonable diligence to my mind.

But I'm not a judge or jury. Best let the courts decide.

Also, from that i gathered from previous conversations, Apparently you received Maggie's that were damaged during shipping? If that's the case, should that not have been warning enough?

In any case, the seller has offered a resolution so never mind about what i stated above.

Last edited:
ok, in that case, please return all the items given for free and were not part of original sale thread as repair of speaker is the the only action item per you.
  6. 21 audio cds
  7. 4-5 LPs
  8. Since you mentioned you would have paid for insurance if suggested, lets also work insurance cost and make that half of whatever rethm would quote for repair.
  9. Lets also assume the fact that you would have paid for good wooden packaging which is to yours and some other members satisfaction here. and put a cost to that, and incllude that as well in repair cost.
payment so far-
Rethm -75k
Pulz pre + Ha 400 - 20k
Total - 1.30 lakhs

once i receive aforesaid items, you may ship items to rethm and we will share the expenses quoted (insurance cost + packaging cost)
Wow you are really clever sir posting and making calculations as per your understanding. But we had totally different discussions on phone while fixing deal.

better let’s talk on phone and have someone else too in discussion.
If you really want to sort things.

you didn’t gave any freebies, I paid for them and it’s was combos deal you charged extra for those things after first speaker arrived. And
I agreed to your point and paid extra.

My dear friend, you're not being realistic. If being realistic is the issue, and you've been on this forum long enough (longer than me in any case), you should've insisted on insurance.

In my first instance as a seller when i was only 3 months along on this forum, though the buyer never insisted on it and in fact, advised against it, i opted for insurance. Why? Because i explored the forum and realised that handling can be an issue. Also from my own "REALISTIC" experience from having lived on this planet, we are not strangers to bad handling by couriers/baggage handlers.

That is the reason why Amazon has a 10 day return policy wherein, amongst other things, package being damaged is one of the reasons why you can return the item. If that was not a possibility, why would Amazon or any other site offer it as an option to return items? It's always a real possibility and if you say you were not aware of it, you did not exercise reasonable diligence to my mind.

But I'm not a judge or jury. Best let the courts decide.

Also, from that i gathered from previous conversations, Apparently you received Maggie's that were damaged during shipping? If that's the case, should that not have been warning enough?

In any case, the seller has offered a resolution so never mind about what i stated above.
Sir you being very judgmental about let’s get on call and keep mr jeson also and hear me out.
Kindly mediate to help us.

Last edited by a moderator:
  6. 21 audio cds
  7. 4-5 LPs
payment so far-
Rethm -75k
Pulz pre + Ha 400 - 20k
Total - 1.30 lakhs

Looks like fair deal.

Wow you are really clever sir posting and making calculations as per your understanding. But we had totally different discussions on phone while fixing deal.

better let’s talk on phone and have someone else too in discussion.
If you really want to sort things.

you didn’t gave any freebies, I paid for them and it’s was combos deal you charged extra for those things after first speaker arrived. And
I agreed to your point and paid extra.

I can't risk discussing anything with you offline which is not documented here. I have seen enough.

You too have a funny way of asking things for free and now acting as if you paid for it. To imagine you would pay for these extras are far fetched, don't you think?

I can't risk discussing anything with you offline which is not documented here. I have seen enough.

You too have a funny way of asking things for free and now acting as if you paid for it. To imagine you would pay for these extras are far fetched, don't you think?
Sir I paid you what you asked for and we agreed on it, extra things you yourself told me in our very first calls that it will come along with purchase.

after we agreed on everything then you backtracked and asked me more for drive and tubes and that’s also I paid you extra. how can that be freebies.
Seriously you are taking this discussion to different tangent now. This is manipulative

Yes I agree You just gave me few very old CDs and LPs that you were not using from your huge collection
You said your self that it’s gift for me to start my passion for music and I am buying combo deal.

Please don’t manipulate others and me.

kindly call me and discuss if you really empathetic about my damages, loss and pain.

This may be inappropriate but still, since you are from Delhi ...why can't you request virenji to have a look at your speakers along with the amp.
If he agrees, you may end up saving on transportation.

Well not my place to pass any judgements as I am neither of the aggrieved parties, so I will try my best to not do so, and will only put my opinions here. Also I have read every single post before commenting as it is kind of a slow day at work. And after reading every thing it appears that -

The seller did take shipping risks for granted no doubt, though it appears he clearly did not want to cheat you. You sir, the buyer was clearly interested in the deal you were getting as it was a great deal (atleast on paper) and you decided to let all logical apprehensions just fly out the window (whatever the seller says - it is not good enough), there have been many cases of bad transactions here on this very forum in the past and that should be a red flag alone - regardless of who is selling - I won't trust even the moderators here blindly and no one should ;). Also your conduct though fuelled by the agony of this whole ordeal was not acceptable either and would only come in the way of an amicable resolution.

Most of the pointers of the deal are against you - regardless of what any of us here have to say. All 'for sale' posts have a Safety Tips section - and clearly as far as you are concerned you did ignore a few of those. None of us here can do much except give our opinions, we can't pay you back, we can't force the seller to pay you back either, or fix the speakers or whatever is your idea of a fair deal. You have the option to talk to him, maybe have a message opened with the Moderators (if they wish to get involved) and talk there, this public washing of your dirty laundry is not helping either of you clearly. The other option as @DB1989 already suggested is to go the legal route. Yes it will be inconvenient, but well, laws are there for a reason.

Dear buyer please understand I am not here to rub salt on your wounds, but as you can see that seller is trying to offer a resolution too (I do not know if it is good or bad), maybe consider it. There is no point in carrying on this thread and make this pool murkier. None of us can do much, it is only going to tarnish both your images the longer it goes on.

ALSO please note - I mean no harm and no insult from this post. Though I mentioned at the beginning of the post that I will try and not pass any judgements, if any of my statements sounded judgemental, I sincerely apologise.

kindly call me and discuss if you really empathetic about my damages, loss and pain.

Not sure why an attempt is being make the conversation offline. A lot of serious allegations have been made, The seller seems to be attempting to arrive at a consensus - why drag it offline now? hard to arrive at a conclusion about an issue when a party is being selective about information being shared - and looks suspicious.

The buyer is being very naive when he assumes that a very exotic piece of kit can be shipped via courier and arrive intact. No matter what level of bullet proof packing is done, things break. I carry stuff from the US every time i return from a trip, and every time, no matter how well i pack stuff, Every TT cover ends up breaking. Every time I bought something from out of state, I had a friend pick it up, and i would pick it up the next time i was in that city personally on work. Every time i moved, I packed everything into my car and drove it to wherever city i was going, and would not let the packers touch them.

If the seller really did say he would "take care of everything", then he has set unrealistic expectations. But to me this seems like a case of overzealous buyer and seller and bad luck combining to create a lot of heartache. I think the seller has come with with a reasonable offer, and while I initially sympathized with the buyer, now things are turning weird. All Sellers here are not amazon or newlash09 to give you a full refund for any and every issue. The items they sold cost them real money, money which may not be disposable for you - the same way, you the seller cannot absorb the loss yourself. Chalk it up as an expensive lesson on the vagaries of shipping stuff.

Last edited:
Sir I paid you what you asked for and we agreed on it, extra things you yourself told me in our very first calls that it will come along with purchase.

after we agreed on everything then you backtracked and asked me more for drive and tubes and that’s also I paid you extra. how can that be freebies.
Seriously you are taking this discussion to different tangent now. This is manipulative

Yes I agree You just gave me few very old CDs and LPs that you were not using from your huge collection
You said your self that it’s gift for me to start my passion for music and I am buying combo deal.

It's evident who is manipulating whom. You have documented in this thread that you paid 75k+5k
You have also documented you paid for shipping. Rest is easy maths.
Any edits on your previous posts from this timestamp is to be construed hiding facts.

Yes I did give them for free as I couldn't bear your haggling for free things along with purchase. What you have to understand is, everything has a cost. For you I'm ambani and can keep giving everything for free.

Last edited:
Actually I m from Delhi and this guy is from indore and he is very old member in the forum and that’s y I trusted him
i have very Really bad experience buying from indore and even i dint recieve a product fake seller and FM had been banned but he came again in different names beware of these sellers

This is one of the generous offer by a genuine seller inspite he has spent money already. If this is not acceptable to the buyer, better all members should stay away from mediating... In my opinion this is an fair offer.

Please do the dealing here and no offline since you are calling every members for mediating and almost all the senior members have jumped here and watching it.

There you go for next hassle who should bear the return shipping cost...
Sir better we can have a call and some one can mediate and post here the what ever will be final details of agreement

Yes of course Virenji will gladly look the speaker too and he should be able to sort out and give an happy ending
Sure I will talk to him

6. 21 audio cds
  7. 4-5 LPs
payment so far-
Rethm -75k
Pulz pre + Ha 400 - 20k
Total - 1.30 lakhs

This is one of the generous offer by a genuine seller inspite he has spent money already. If this is not acceptable to the buyer, better all members should stay away from mediating... In my opinion this is an fair offer.

Please do the dealing here and no offline since you are calling every members for mediating and almost all the senior members have jumped here and watching it.

There you go for next hassle who should bear the return shipping cost...Plus get ready for the best bomb proof packing to send back as it is condition.

Last edited:
This may be inappropriate but still, since you are from Delhi ...why can't you request virenji to have a look at your speakers along with the amp.
I will call him n check but do you think he will be the best guy to repair it ?

Yes of course Virenji will gladly look the speaker too and he should be able to sort out and give an happy ending

I will call him n check but do you think he will be the best guy to repair it ?
Not best guy - Best person.. May be an appropriate word is needed if you know him.

Why call, he has already thrown the details clearly in black and white.. If it is acceptable , just write it is acceptable and walk away and prepare for shipping it back ...Then you take care of the packing it back safely, and we will wait for the jenson report on arrival and open this audiophile court once again. :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back