Where to report defected items received from fellow member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really seem to enjoy getting details out, naming and shaming people. Lockdown fun innit !
Slept early and a lot gone after that. Not an lockdown writeup is fun for me, but for others who wrote till early morning they had fun, may be IT guys working on shift..:):)....

As I am in the forum for several years, seen a lot of cases like this, unless otherwise you are naming the member he will not come into thread to close the issue. Here i could see the speaker and amp is carelessly packaged ( comparing only to my skills of packaging ) couriered to buyer without much packaging/protection. however seller to his satisfaction he has done assuming it will travel to destination with ease..

Lyrita has its own shipping crate as an owner of lyrita amp still i own it, why it can be shipped on it or just spent Rs.1000 to build a crate or box. Always any audiophile will be over excited when he buy stuff. The pain of seeing it on arrival as damaged with a value of Rs.1000 stuff too will be a dramatic :) :) :)

I am not commenting on speaker shipping and it is always prone for damage, especially rythm sadhana is complexly designed and the head is so forward like a bird head, which is very difficult for shipping except the manufacturer who knows about the pain of making and creating those exotic cool stuff. 90% of stuff here are reaching safely to other member hands, except distress sale were carelessly packed and just washed off...

Plus all audiophiles has unusual forgetfulness ( amnesia) If the same member is posting some exotic stuff with throw away price, members will jump on it for sure. There is no naming and shaming here... Only best product at least price from anybody is the motive on second sale...

All in the end members can throw some free advice to member who believe they will give judgment and sure he should understand the judgment will be issued only by seller if he feels sorry for that.

Have a nice week ahead.

Last edited:
Folks Locking this thread as seller has also responded with his point of view.

As has been mentioned before the forum is only a facilitator and sell and buy are at the individuals own risk hence not possible to rate a buyer/seller unless one is able to take accountability for the rating which is beyond the scope and intent of the forum

Last edited:
Opening this on request of the OP and request all who comment to keep the respectability of the forum as well as that of the Seller and Buyer.
Intent is to keep insinuations and character shaming out.

There have been several reports to lock this but also a request as above hence unlocking temporarily.

Opening this on request of the OP and request all who comment to keep the respectability of the forum as well as that of the Seller and Buyer.

There have been several reports to lock this but also a request as above hence unlocking temporarily.
There is no opening and closing of any thread, the altercation and opinion between the members will show their original color on which other members will move cautiously when they post sale thread... This will help a lot. :p :p

Just adding a bit.... One member here posted 71 post more of irrelevant within 3 days to make his id activated for posting sale thread... There you should be more double careful on getting picked by post/courier. In that case i go for walk in sale locally if you are more keen on buying those item.

There is nothing like a senior or junior member will not cheat... More of my choice is take help from local members who will be ready to just have a demo on behalf of you and see the condition of item you are intend to purchase if located outstation.

Last edited:
We have become conditioned to “reality TV” type drama in our daily lives and media feeds.
it seems clear no one wins and everyone loses something in such situations.
Hope we all can be a bit more discerning and mindful of our responses.
It would be wonderful if the OP and seller took the discussion private, agreed to resolve this between them (with some give and take on both sides) and then announced here that this situation is resolved?

Dear Mod,
Thanks for responding and reopening of thread.
I am following hifivision from last 3-4 years and always wanted to have great endgame system like other senior members so stated saving money but this situation made my worst dream come true and I have take huge loss bks of damages.

I don’t wanna defame anyone just wanted opinions of other members that what they have done in such situations. I did not even mentioned or tagged Mr. Jenson till the time he himself responded.

I really apologize to Mr @jenson if I said something wrong due to my anxiety n sleepless nights and anger due which it happened. I always be respectful with him till our last call.

Lots of feedback came from fellow member on kind of packaging done here was not good enough which caused damage of all the 3 different shipment which were sent by Mr. jenson.

I humbly request him to please respond and be genuine gentleman to take the responsibility of speaker and get them repaired and I will take care of damages on lyrita…

Mr. @jenson please respond.

We have become conditioned to “reality TV” type drama in our daily lives and media feeds.
it seems clear no one wins and everyone loses something in such situations.
Hope we all can be a bit more discerning and mindful of our responses.
It would be wonderful if the OP and seller took the discussion private, agreed to resolve this between them (with some give and take on both sides) and then announced here that this situation is resolved?
Sir I would love to talk if Mr. @jenson respond, I am really looking forward for this views.
I really need his help in atleast to get speaker repaired.

If I was getting a 10 lakh speaker for 75000, I would be very curious as to why it’s being sold at such a low price.

According to me you’ll end up spending a bomb if you send it for repairs to Jacob at Rethm. Just the shipping to and fro will kill you, not to mention the repair work and labour charges. If Jacob was to touch this speaker of yours, looking at the condition, he will have to reconstruct a lot of stuff. He will not do a cut paste job. He believes in perfection. You’ll definitely end up spending much more than what you paid for the speakers.

In the past, I have sold two pairs of Rethms. Once to a member in Nagpur and once to a member in Kolkatta. Each time shipping from Mumbai was in excess of 20000. I don’t know how shipping was managed for all the items for 10000.

Last edited:
If I was getting a 10 lakh speaker for 75000, I would be very curious as to why it’s being sold at such a low price.

According to me you’ll end up spending a bomb if you send it for repairs to Jacob at Rethm. Just the shipping to and fro will kill you, not to mention the repair work and labour charges. If Jacob was to touch this speaker of yours, looking at the condition, he will have to reconstruct a lot of stuff. He will not do a cut paste job. He believes in perfection. You’ll definitely end up spending much more than what you paid for the speakers.

In the past, I have sold two pairs of Rethms. Once to a member in Nagpur and once to a member in Kolkatta. Each time shipping from Mumbai was in excess of 20000. I don’t know how shipping was managed for all the items for 10000.
I Totally agree to whatever you said.
Mr. @jenson please response be a responsible gentleman and talk to me.

I know even you are family man and if same thing happened to you and someone in your family then still no response will be your reaction???

As per Forum guidelines, did you do due diligence on the speaker, it’s history, it’s condition, etc? Didn’t the fact that it was being sold for 75000 raise a doubt in your mind?

As per Forum guidelines, did you do due diligence on the speaker, it’s history, it’s condition, etc? Didn’t the fact that it was being sold for 75000 raise a doubt in your mind?
Sir it was sold for 80k with extra speaker unit not 75k.
I blindly trusted mr jenson as he was very old member and while talking to him he gave me confidence the everything is legit and very professional in selling and shipping.

What does extra speaker unit mean? You mean additional drivers? What drivers were these? Lowthers?

It is unfortunate to see forum members like Prem insinuate and presume that I sent the units damaged. Does the photos indicate the same? There is a reason why I time stamped it with days newspaper.

In my thread I mentioned ownership history. These are over 10 yrs speakers which I purchased from forum memeber Vulcan, who instead purchased from jaibir.

So if someone decides to let go at cheaper price since I could nt get a higher price it would be construed as me being a cheat? Vulcan had this for sale for nearly 1 year before I purchased it..One other forum member is looking to sell it as well for long time.

Even when I received the rethm one lowther driver was dead on arrival. I purchased brand new pair of lowthers and kept the working one as spare.

I sent rethms in its original packing, the way I received it. It had foam in good condition etc.

Similarly, sent lyrita in case I received from forum memeber. In both cases, no external damage reported. Pulz being built of metal had no damage. Wood based products did.

Jenson, I was not insinuating you or anything. All I was saying was if something is being sold at less that 10% of its price, it’s best as a seller to ask all questions before buying. Whenever I buy something used, I ask for rating of technical condition on a scale of 10 and cosmetic condition on a scale of 10. Here the problem appears to be the cosmetic condition. Realistically at that price of 75000 I would not expect the cosmetic condition to be good. Technically I would have expected it to be 8 or 9. Definitely not a perfect 10. It’s very important as a buyer to set your expectations right when you are buying something at a throwaway price like this.

When shipping an amplifier, speaker or turntable, assume that it will be mishandled by the courier guys. I have seen courier workers throwing my boxes into their tempo. Yes, literally throwing. Remember that the pickup at your home is just the first in a series of transfers throughout the journey and the box will get thrown about many more times. It happens daily with airport loaders too. I have walked away from airports without suitcase handle, or torn airbag.

The point being the onus lies with the seller to securely pack it. The onus also lies with the buyer to agree to pay extra for good packaging. Just some numbers for you - a one inch thick sheet of 4'x8' hitlon foam used for lining cartons costs Rs 400. Two inch thick (which is much better) costs Rs 800. And one needs to buy full 4 foot x 8 foot sheet. Wooden crating a medium sized carton containing a turntable costed ~Rs 800.

Find a 7-ply cardboard box. You need a rigid box. Line the walls with hitlon. The item being packed MUST NOT be able to move inside the cardboard box. If packing turntables make sure the platter is packed separately and the transport screw is securely screwed down. Support the arm correctly so that it can't move and get damaged. If you're sending a tube preamp or amp, make sure that the tubes are removed and packed in their own cutouts in the hitlon foam. Mark tube numbers. Finally crate it up in wood.

Just remember the first rule: your package will be thrown around a lot during its journey. Pack it to withstand the abuse.

I agree with jls001. In the past when I shipped through DTDC, inspite of what I thought was good packing, the speaker terminals got bent in one and in the other, the transformer gave way. Which is why I have now moved to Agarwal Packers and Movers

Sir it was sold for 80k with extra speaker unit not 75k.
I blindly trusted mr jenson as he was very old member and while talking to him he gave me confidence the everything is legit and very professional in selling and shipping.
The very first thing every sale thread says is do not blindly trust either of the parties. Its 101 of online trades, ask 100s of questions if you have them in your mind but never ever say you blindly trusted a person or were not aware of what the deal entails/condition of the item.

Only way you can question a person on his integrity is if he shows you one picture and you receive something else or features he said are working and in reality they are not. While losing money is very sad regardless of how much a person has , I feel any buyer needs to ensure everything is in order.

Also regarding the fellow member , I feel he has shared enough pictures in the beginning , of the packing and item conditions and was enough for any buyer analyze and form their opinion and ask questions.. Also you did not discuss the event of what happens in case of transit damage (this is a first thought which comes to anyone's mind, experienced or not) , you could have very well avoided the deal altogether if the response made you doubtful.
I have bought only bookshelf once from outside the city , the very first question I asked was what if some damage occurs and the FM made it very clear that if any transit damage occurs then he will not be able to compensate and he will ship it in the original box. He shared pictures of packing and items and I agreed to go ahead, knowing I will lose 52k odd if the deal goes bad.

Apart from the subjective matter of packaging quality everything else seems in order to me. There seems no indication here of anything being non-legit or deceitful in nature. Just like how the buyer blindly trusted the seller based on his experience , the seller assumed that the items will go fine without damage in the original packing he had received it. Don't think there was ill intention on either sides to cheat one another, although a little bit of proactiveness would have helped on both the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back