Which 50" PLASMA TV?

amit91178

I want to buy a 50" or bigger plasma TV.
Please advise
1. Should I go for HD or Full HD
2. Suggest a model which is value for money with better PQ and long life.

Quite new here. But have done a lot of research. Would recommend the LG 50pk550.. It's inarguably the most value for money 50 inch plasma in the market. With the moneythat you save you could buy yourself a media player :)

Quite new here. But have done a lot of research. Would recommend the LG 50pk550.. It's inarguably the most value for money 50 inch plasma in the market. With the moneythat you save you could buy yourself a media player :)

Thanks toocool, I joined yesterday as well.
Have been going through the earlier threads.
As fas as I understand
If money is not constrain then 50v20 is good.
else
50X20 is OK.
If you view HD content from 10-12 feet HD and FUll HD dont have a noticable difference.
SD content is same on both.

LG PK550 and Samsung C550 are good deals in FULL HD but they have some issues as I can figure out from threads.

Could not find any major issues posted with X20 or V20.
With U20, the price is higher tahn X20 and advantage is not much.

If budget is no constraint why dont you look for some LED? yes Samsung and LG have some issues but they have quick replacement policy... And the price difference is huge ..... 60-70k (sam , Lg) and 110k for pana v20 ... to save 40k I can live with few green pixels or dancing pixels.. might aswell join the dancing :lol:...

If you wanna go for a size bigger than 50 inches, plasma is the way to go for now. LCDs and LEDs of those sizes are just too expensive. For example an LG 60PK550 plasma would cost 112k while a 60PK950 top end LG plasma would cost 137k. Whereas for an LCD or so called LED, you would pay much more than 200-220k.

I recently got an LG 50PJ560 plasma with superb speakers and I just love it. Got it for 59k. It is not full HD. Resolution 1365x768, but I play 720p, 1080p blu ray rips and don't find much difference. We sit at around 15 feet to watch in our living room. At anything more than 10-12 feet, full HD really doesn't matter. Your eyes won't be able to perceive the difference.

---Venkat

If you wanna go for a size bigger than 50 inches, plasma is the way to go for now. LCDs and LEDs of those sizes are just too expensive. For example an LG 60PK550 plasma would cost 112k while a 60PK950 top end LG plasma would cost 137k. Whereas for an LCD or so called LED, you would pay much more than 200-220k.

I recently got an LG 50PJ560 plasma with superb speakers and I just love it. Got it for 59k. It is not full HD. Resolution 1365x768, but I play 720p, 1080p blu ray rips and don't find much difference. We sit at around 15 feet to watch in our living room. At anything more than 10-12 feet, full HD really doesn't matter. Your eyes won't be able to perceive the difference.

---Venkat

I would suggest going in for 50pk550 as this is the best VFM product available today in the market. The difference money can be saved for 2nd and 3rd gen 3D Tvs which will be following soon.

buy whatever fits in your budget and you are comfortable with, the technology always keeps changing and every year you will get a new product, i still remember 3 years back when i bought my Samsung Q9 42" plasma it was costing 85k, and 50: costing 1.5lks.

Today in that money you can get much bigger and latest tv's. So buy whatever suits your eye and what you are comfortable with after you demo the product.

Buy FullHD if you intend to hook up a PC. Of course The PC needs to have a good GPU capable of supporting 1920 x 1080.

Can you explain, Why FULL HD is essential while connecting to PC.
What difference will it make, if you connect any thing else like WD live or Blue ray player.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back