Which amp to get from europe? Denon or Marantz

sarthakk250193

Hi,

I have a chance to get an amp from europe and the prices are around 50% of Indian Prices. I have shortlisted Denon ae 720 at ~17K and Marantz pm 6006 at ~22K. Usage will be 45% music, 45% TV and 10% Movies.

Plan to only get bookshelves for now and may add a sub later. Would probably never go for a surround setup, hence no AVR. If I go for marantz, will feed the optical output from set-top box since it has an inbuilt DAC. In case of Denon, will pass the optical output through Fiio D03K optical to RCA DAC which will cost me another 1500. Music will be through chromecast audio.

I haven't decided the speakers yet but may go for Dali Zensor 3 (although didn't like the highs) or something else in this price range but will decide later.

So considering all the above factors, which one would you guys suggest? Another important consideration is build quality and long life. I can even compromise on sound slightly but need to make sure amp is strong enough not to break in luggage. Also, am open to other suggestions as well. Would order from amazon germany or UK.

Thanks in advance :)

@ sarthakk250193

If you are planning to add a sub later to the Stereo amp, you need to ensure to have sub out port available on the stereo amp...else you may then need to consider mid to high end subs which have low and high level connections...meant for stereo amp connectivity.

Also remember that you will not get any warranty and possibly support if purchased from abroad...

There are a lot of dealers in NCR...visit and see who offers the best price...

Many pre owned ads on olx and other such sites where good branded stereo amps with almost all your requirements is being sold....if you are open to pre owned, visit them, audition and decide...

All the best

Since you are planning to use it mainly for music, go for marantz. If you are getting a good deal, go for a higher model

i second the Alabaster .... wonderful amp...

buy once and enjoy for a long time..

Chance to buy amp from UK then why you looking for Maranz and Denon.Open your eyes you will get excellent musical amps from UK.So many brands
1. Creek,Cyrus,Rocksan,heed audio,naim lot more there made from UK

Above are specially for music if you need multi channel look for Arcam Av receiver

Thanks for the quick help guys!

marantz would be better in SQ for music. since there is a substantial diff in price , why dont you look at the 8000 series.

8000 series is way out of my budget. I wanna stay close to 20K. Will marantz be better for TV as well if I am not going for multi channel/surround system?

Since you are planning to use it mainly for music, go for marantz. If you are getting a good deal, go for a higher model

Not mainly for music. TV equally as well. But I won't add a multi channel system. Is marantz still better?

It's 1200 pounds! More than 5x my budget :)

Chance to buy amp from UK then why you looking for Maranz and Denon.Open your eyes you will get excellent musical amps from UK.So many brands
1. Creek,Cyrus,Rocksan,heed audio,naim lot more there made from UK

Above are specially for music if you need multi channel look for Arcam Av receiver

Can you please suggest anything in particular around 20K which would be available on amazon.uk?

What I recommend is go for used item search for " integrated amplifier" in ebay.co.uk with item from UK select button on you will get lot of stuff slightly increase your budget to 20 to 35K will get excellent products

Marantz is good for TV/movies as well, but its strength is music. Try it out and buy

What I recommend is go for used item search for " integrated amplifier" in ebay.co.uk with item from UK select button on you will get lot of stuff slightly increase your budget to 20 to 35K will get excellent products

I'm getting it through my brother who is in Netherlands. So can only order through amazon germany or UK. Used ones are completely out of consideration. Also, I won't be spending more than 25-30K on speakers so I am not sure how much of an impact will 35-40K amp have as compared to a 20K one.

Marantz is good for TV/movies as well, but its strength is music. Try it out and buy

I think I'll go with Marantz. May not be the best I could get from europe but seems like a safe choice.

Thank you everyone for the help!

Check the prices of cables being sold abroad and check the prices of available cables in India....more or less there should not be much difference in built quality...yes pricing would vary....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back