Which Amplifier to Buy

sr2307

Hello...I am new to the forum...Need some advice on buying an Integrated Amplifier with speakers. Which brand would be the best..I have heard about onkyo & Denon...what are the other brands that are good...my budget is 60K

Hi friend,
Did u try searching the forum for similar topic? ...If not then please do it and the options u read there can be discussed here in again. But if u search and read, it shall give u some basic idea of brands available and will get u in a better position to discuss with fellow members in here.

More ..
Pls advise ..room size? u need this for movies as a preference or Music?

Wishes

Hello...I am new to the forum...

Welcome, have a great time.

I have heard about onkyo & Denon...

Well, that shows you're indeed dipping your toes in hifi ocean for the first time - so, as advised please search the forum, lots n lots of info discussed for your kind of budget and who're just entering into hifi.

:)

Hi friend,
Did u try searching the forum for similar topic? ...If not then please do it and the options u read there can be discussed here in again. But if u search and read, it shall give u some basic idea of brands available and will get u in a better position to discuss with fellow members in here.

More ..
Pls advise ..room size? u need this for movies as a preference or Music?

Wishes

Thanks for input..I will try to search similar posts...My total room size is 196 Square feet...I am looking at music as the first preference but then i do watch movies..I have a 42" inch sony LCD which i intend to connect with surround sound..i am kind of getting confused with which option should i go for...

Thanks for input..I will try to search similar posts...My total room size is 196 Square feet...I am looking at music as the first preference but then i do watch movies..I have a 42" inch sony LCD which i intend to connect with surround sound..i am kind of getting confused with which option should i go for...

Sir,
lets go step by step

1) we need the money that you are willing to spend (well ok, you can just tell us the figure also.)

2) This is a good room size. will this be only for AV or is it a living room, bedroom?

tks

Sr2307, Maybe you could try Marantz nr1501 with CA Sirocco 5.1 speakers. 25+45=70k. it will satisfy your movie and music needs to a good extent. But if you dont want to compromise on your music, get a good source and an int. amp.

Sir,
lets go step by step

1) we need the money that you are willing to spend (well ok, you can just tell us the figure also.)

2) This is a good room size. will this be only for AV or is it a living room, bedroom?

tks

1) Money..60 to 70K ...This would be for amplifer+ speaker
2) Its a living room

Sr2307, Maybe you could try Marantz nr1501 with CA Sirocco 5.1 speakers. 25+45=70k. it will satisfy your movie and music needs to a good extent. But if you dont want to compromise on your music, get a good source and an int. amp.

Thanks for the option..Does Marantz support 230V input...I guess will have to go for a separate power source for conversion...

esp on that sort of a budget i always suggest going for a stereo setup. you get much better sound quality. and it works pretty well for movies too. again i would suggest bookshelves (for better sq at that price point over floorstanders). you could check monitor audio silver series (rs2). usher has some good speakers as well. for amps check out cambridge, nad and marantz integrated amplifiers

how about if i go for YAMAHA AX397(Amplifier) & 301 Series V Direct /Reflecting Speaker System from BOSE...

wouldnt suggest the bose. there are better speakers out there for the price you pay. and the yamaha paired with the bose is muddy in its presentation and the bass is flabby

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back