which cables needed for klipsch

roxy

Hello,

I need help in selecting the cables for klipsch quintet 4 n klipssch sw 450 subwoofer with marantz or onkyo av receiver. The cables will be concealed through the wall so need to be selected asap.

well .. a lot depends on your budget. good brands include Monster, Audioquest, Kimber etc..

Please do visit their websites and it will be helpful to you.

remember lower the AWG ( gauge ) , thicker the wire.. the better it is. Also for speaker cable.. choose copper in the cable which is a single thick strand and not the ones like the normal electric cables... i hope you get what i mean.

rgds,
mpw

Thanks for the reply. Budget is not a constraint . Also you mentioned abt the awr that means 16 guage cable is better than 18 guage?
The cables that you mentioned can I use them for other speakers n sw too if I intend to change it later?

Thicker is not really better...I am not really sure about the resolving power of the Quintet..may just suggest any good 18AWG copper cable. if you plan to conceal getting a Flat Ribbon cable my be a lot more convenient. QED used to have a decent one

Get a 12 Gauge speaker wires either from Monoprice or Blue Jeans Cable. Those are of very high quality and reasonably priced. Your wallet will thank you.

If your speakers allow banana plugs, then I suggest ending the speakers cables with those. Way better than using loose ends and dealing with tightening them at the terminal posts.

No, it does not require the 12awg cable. But he can buy a 100ft spindle and he will be all set on all the speaker cables. It's also future proof in case he upgrades the speakers.

Thanks to all for the info. Also do I need to have separate gauge cable for the subwoofer ?

Can you tell me where can i find these cables in mumbai? alo will finolex, flatron etc cables will work for these speakers?

any 12 gauge should do good .i bought a local pro fx cables for my klipsch and a same make RCa cable for my klipsch sub woofer 10.Coaxial and HDMI from BJC or Cables to go.

'Directional cables' are completely valid! (as opposed to BS concept of 'directional wire' where the electrons supposedly flow 'better' in one direction than another)

Back