Which Handycam ?

sunilkm

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my 10yr old Sony Hi8 Handycam. Have seen many HD models in the website. My priority is good quality video and need not be very feature rich within 30K budget.

Any user experience on the below Sony model?
HDR-CX190 ( FHD Recording )

Also like to check if anyone using Canon or Panasonic handycams and the feedback.

Thanks,
Sunil

Real "good" Handycam is difficult to get in that budget especially for Indian consumers. Best bet would be if someone is coming down from US you will be able to get a good deal.

I have the above one HDR-CX190 which is not FHD by the way. FHD lowest one is HC-V700 which around 40K (no idea about jvc, cannon, etc. ). I had the same budget as yours, but looking at reviews went for the lowest one that is the CX190. the CX200 has touch screen which is missing in CX190 so it will be convenient. Regarding picture quailty all are in the same both for the mentioned budget.

Handycams are priced ridiculously as are other electronic items here in India.

Why the HRD-CX190 spec says it is full HD recording ?

From Sony india website:

Theres nothing quite like shooting stunning 1920 x 1080 Full HD videos with the ultra-compact and light Handycam CX190E. Featuring an Exmor R CMOS sensor for superb low-light performance, 25x optical zoom and SteadyShot, all you need is a flash memory card to get the good times rolling.

Most cameras in the budget of 30K to 40K are more or less the same with tiny sensors and average optics and focusing modules.

The NEX VG20 is a great quality camcorder fron Sony but at a very high price of 1.10K....

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back