which has better sound ??? HTS philips 3565 or HTZ pioneer 171

kvta

hi-

i used to own a phillips HTS 3565 and was very happy with its sound/ picture quality. After a year, i had lots problems due to corrosion inside and in the end decided to replace the set .The repairs were becoming very frequnt, expensive and without any guarantee.

I cant afford a seperate amplifier and speaker so decideed to get a ready made all in one home theare/ music system once again. I was going to get another new phillips but the pioneer HTZ171- it was recommended by my music system installer, DVD repair store itself. And it also fit inside my budjet.

I dont know a lot about sound and output, but i notice that in my old phillips even when the volume was only turned up half (vol 15- 20......)the max limit was a lot more on phillips, i never had to keep on max so cant say now , my whole room used to thump and i used to get good sound effects, the sub woofer was really good.The combined sound of all speakers was great.

In the new pioneer, the clarity of each speaker seems better, the surround is also decent, but very often i find that end up increasing the volume to max ( 50). Even for movies and music. I have to begin at least at vol 35 to get some effect .

Can someone explain to me if the problem is with installation or the sound output of mt new system pioneer is actually lower than my old phillips. I still miss my old phillips sound .... why ???:sad:

Hai 'Kvta',
Have U already bought ur new HT system, if still not... , I have a suggestion.....

U can consider Logitech Z-5500 (5.1 THX Certified, in-built DD & Dts 96/24, 505W rms power output with 10" sub and multi-connectivity options digital & analog, Rs.16.5k - 18k)
Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System

and a DVD Player (Philips DVP 3588/94 or Pioneer 420K)
Philips - DVD Players - Sound and vision - Blu-ray and DVD

The combination of these two w'll give U a nice listening experience. Bass is excellent.

I did have a audition to this combination, belive me it's rockink.

Regards,
Subha

oh !!! already got the pioneer - still wondering why im not enjoying it so much- hopefully something to do with setting or features not as good as previously owned phillips...

thanks for ur reply though... thrilled to get a response.....

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back