which HD camcorder is best ???

manuvaidya

hi guys, i am in a position to upgrade my old jvc camcorder into a latest HD camcorder with best picture quality & user friendlyness.

i am not brand concerned, but i need best VFM. i zeroed in on some of the best models like panasonic hdc-tm700, jvc everio gz hm 400, toshiba camelio h30, canon hf s21.

can anyone please guide me which one is best & cheap

i want full HD 1080p recording with crisp clear recording & minimal noise & optical zoom should be good. i need a simple UI & editing & transferring of recorded media should be effortless & not clumsy....

the rest like build quality & accessories comes second on my priority listing... hence suggest me a good one which fulfills my above request list please....:)

thanks teky for ur invaluable input.... looking forward to hear more from u about my future queries.... keep it up...:eek:

Though not in your list , but since last 5 months or so I am using
Sony HDR- XR500E and I must say I am very happy on its performence. It has AVCHD format by default which looks stunning in my PS3. Low light shooting is very good and shooting in pitch dark condition is awesome. It has also a CMOS sensor and 120 gb of hard disk.

canon hf s21 is an excellent HD camcorder.

how about JVC & samsung ??? why canon hf s21 ?
i need to know personal experience about the pros & cons of this camcorder...
also other close to neck camcorders in competetion to canon please....

how much does canon hf s21 costs now ???

hey - are you able to edit AVCHD on your comp? I was following hd camcorders 2 years back and then I decided not to go for them (were not available in stores around me and getting them from US was a pain). Lot of reviewers said that editing those files is a pain on regular comps. You need quad core and too much ram.

how about JVC & samsung ??? why canon hf s21 ?
i need to know personal experience about the pros & cons of this camcorder...
also other close to neck camcorders in competetion to canon please....

how much does canon hf s21 costs now ???

Personally Ive not used JVC ,Samsung so cant comment.

Between the Sony HDR-XR550E and CANON HF 200 which Ive used the CANON was better in terms of over all picture quality and has better sensor. Low light shooting is also better compared to Sony(Sony is good as well).

canon hf s21 is supposed to better than CANON HF 200.

Not sure if HF21 is available here in India, but The LEGRIA HF M31 which is an upgraded version of the HF21 is available here at approx 55k.

anm said:
hey - are you able to edit AVCHD on your comp? I was following hd camcorders 2 years back and then I decided not to go for them (were not available in stores around me and getting them from US was a pain). Lot of reviewers said that editing those files is a pain on regular comps. You need quad core and too much ram.
That still holds true. Editing can be jerky and managable, however rendering an output video can be pain. To set the context a 5 minute movie of 1080p with highest possible resolution took almost 6-7 hours on a dual core, 1 gb ram with windows xp. I haven't tried editing on my new pc. Expecting it to be faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently, I bought Sony HDR-CX150E on for Rs.29,700/-. Free 16GB Memory Card and free carry case.

I bought it from Croma, Delhi. I also got an HDMI cable (mini HDMI to HDMI) free.

Very good camcorder. I just dump the recorded file to my media player and its amazingly sharp and clear on my 46" Full HD LCD.

Last edited:
thanks guys... i think i should wait some more time... will do that..:sad:

Only if you've passion towards editing the videos you need have a powerful machine, otherwise for watching it stutter free your media player or a reasonaly spec'd PC should be fine.

Hello, your choice is between Canon or Panasonic. Panasonic has excellent Low Light Performance & Manual Controls for better performance. Most manufacturers have decided to go with a single large CMOS sensor, while Panasonic has opted for three smaller sensors (3CCD) for brighter image in low light conditions.

Check this site for more info on HD camcorders.

Camcorders - Independent Camcorder Reviews, Ratings & Comparisons

camcorder ratings

camcorder reviews

camcorder prices

HD camcorders

Camcorder Info.com is the largest, most comprehensive publication on the web for camcorder reviews and articles on video production and camcorder use. Camcorder Info.com features a standard 22-point analysis that considers the camcorders video performance, low light performance, handling, ease of use, and other key areas.

Anil

Hello, your choice is between Canon or Panasonic. Panasonic has excellent Low Light Performance & Manual Controls for better performance. Most manufacturers have decided to go with a single large CMOS sensor, while Panasonic has opted for three smaller sensors (3CCD) for brighter image in low light conditions.

Check this site for more info on HD camcorders.

Camcorders - Independent Camcorder Reviews, Ratings & Comparisons

camcorder ratings

camcorder reviews

camcorder prices

HD camcorders

Camcorder Info.com is the largest, most comprehensive publication on the web for camcorder reviews and articles on video production and camcorder use. Camcorder Info.com features a standard 22-point analysis that considers the camcorders video performance, low light performance, handling, ease of use, and other key areas.

Anil

thanks anil, i really appreciate ur work. by the way, which place is the best for buying these camcorders in bangalore. i am sure u can guide me well in this issue....

waiting for ur inputs buddy....

I have also just started looking for a budget HD camcorder. Narrowed down on two:

1. Panasonic HDC-HS200

2. Canon HG20

Panasonic have larger sensor area which to me means better picture, especially in low light. It also supports 10MP still photography and has 12x optical zoom. On the flip side it does not have progressive scan and canon has 15x optical zoom.

Now need to check which one is available in India and at what price.

Another site you can check is:

Camcorder Buyer's Guide - TrustedReviews - TrustedReviews

I thing I would suggest is fix your budget before starting the search and also what feature you would like to have to narrow down the choices.

which place is the best for buying these camcorders in Bangalore.

Check out @ National market/ Burma bazaar. I bought my Panasonic PVGS 180 from Burma bazaar 3 years back.

Regards,
Anil

Check out @ National market/ Burma bazaar. I bought my Panasonic PVGS 180 from Burma bazaar 3 years back.

Regards,
Anil

which shop anil ??? anyone whom we can trust there or which u know the shop owner very well....

we know what we r scared off right anil ?;) thats why i am asking u this. i think i wanna go for panasonic because of its ease of use & multiple functions & also better picture since it has larger sensor size....

just wondering if someone could help me in deciding which series/model in panasonic to go for to be future proof....

waiting for invaluable inputs...:indifferent14:

I have also just started looking for a budget HD camcorder. Narrowed down on two:

1. Panasonic HDC-HS200

2. Canon HG20

Panasonic have larger sensor area which to me means better picture, especially in low light. It also supports 10MP still photography and has 12x optical zoom. On the flip side it does not have progressive scan and canon has 15x optical zoom.

Now need to check which one is available in India and at what price.

Another site you can check is:

Camcorder Buyer's Guide - TrustedReviews - TrustedReviews

I thing I would suggest is fix your budget before starting the search and also what feature you would like to have to narrow down the choices.

just a thought..
if u wd be the only member in the group(essentially family) with the camcorder/camera it can be quite a pain switching between the two..
i was very close to purchasing a camcorder last yr, when i came across camera models which can give decent camcorders a run for money with lesser price, with better flexibility..
i own a canon SX1 and am quite amazed at the recording quality..
the benifits for which i dropped the camcorder
1) single device - two functions (beautiful still pics + amazing rec quality)
2) simultaneos recording and still pic clicking
3) full 1080p MJPEG loseless recording @30fps (u can extract 30 1920x1080 still pics if u want to) , better than AVCHD@1080i which would be lossy if converting to h.264 IMO
4) Full featured camera + camcorder for the price of camcorder

Hi, please check your PM.

Anil

which shop anil ??? anyone whom we can trust there or which u know the shop owner very well....

we know what we r scared off right anil ?;) thats why i am asking u this. i think i wanna go for panasonic because of its ease of use & multiple functions & also better picture since it has larger sensor size....

just wondering if someone could help me in deciding which series/model in panasonic to go for to be future proof....

waiting for invaluable inputs...:indifferent14:

I have a HP pavillion DV5 with 4gb RAM and Dual Core so wouldnt felt much issue but yes, still it took almost 2 hours to complete all the formalities including a little bit of editing to make 3 AVCHD disks from nearly a 20gb material source. But the picture quality is tremendous, the video streaming rate is around 16 to 20 Mbps in my PS3. 5.1 surround is also felt very clearly .

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back