Which home theatre to buy under 20k

under 20k there is one from philips selling for around 14k on flipkart with BD player. Higher you can look for only old model onkyo 3100 if you can get that, will be around 20k. Around 25k you will get recent only models like onkyo 3300 or 3400

Last edited:
There are lots of threads on this subject. What is your budget? For 25K consider Onkyo 3400.

And its placed around 16 Ft from my Sofa(It doesnt look impressive from that point :rolleyes:)

I find the reason for you looking for a HT strange. The HT will only give you sound. It will not make your TV look 'impressive'. For that you have to change your TV or go for a projector.

Cheers

You can get Onkyo 3300 at Croma or other big electronic stores like ezone.. you got to check...If u extend it to 25k.. you will get Onkyo 3400 ... either 3300 or 3400... you dont have to look back for another 5 years ... as they hav almost all the latest features..

Donno where I could find Onkyo 3400 in Goa...Where can I buy it online? Or if anyone is from Goa can they suggest me the right shop?

Auditioned one from lg with a passive woofer and five channels along with a bluray receiver with usb input too for under 18k. Actually sounded very good for the money.

get a sony dvd htib tz215 for 12k and add sony bdp s380 for 8k. your tv, htib and bdp will get controlled with one remote. you can even get the sony 640 with bigger front speakers for 19K and add a bdp later... blu ray titles are still 1k+. we still mostly watch dvds!

SONY / LG / Samsung are consumer products and NOT professional products.

I use to admire at SONY muteki series but once I'm used to Yamaha / Onkyo which is like Mercedes & BMW.

This is not to draw ire from SONY users. But if you are planning to buy, buy either from yamaha / Onkyo brands. As you go on using it, you will feel the difference. Always don't buy receiver with in built in DVD or BD players. But make sure you have a choice of rear connections available including front USB.

Go for Onkyo 3400 or yamaha 296

For pure joy of movies and serials, choose between Yamaha/Onkyo. You can add a DVD/BD Player as per your choice any time lateron. Pls have a look at the specs, particularly the Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) of a system and the output frequency range. My experirence has been that majority of the systems with inbuilt DVD/BD Players have 10% THD at their rated output. That means, lots of noise but not the sweetness and clarity.

If requirements are not very demanding, you can have a look at Yamaha YHT292 HTIB which has all major functions, the other systems you are evaluating have and was available at around INR 16,000/- at Croma till recently. It has added advantage of a powered Active sub woofer. You will not regret. You can also consider Yamaha YHT 196/YHT 294 at around INR 24000/- or Onkyo 3300 at around INR 21000/22000 from a Reliance Digital with some bargaining skills (price quoted is INR 24000 and atleast 10% discount is possible).

I am planning to go for yamaha 196 can someone let me know, to how many speakers audio is transmitted in case of MP3 playback? I mean.. is the 2 channel source audio sent across to all the speakers after amplification. i understand there wont be any 5.1 like effect but I can use the full wattage.

I am planning to go for yamaha 196 can someone let me know, to how many speakers audio is transmitted in case of MP3 playback? I mean.. is the 2 channel source audio sent across to all the speakers after amplification. i understand there wont be any 5.1 like effect but I can use the full wattage.

Stereo signals will be converted to virtual 5.1 using modes like dolby prologic, dts neo etc.

under 20k there is one from philips selling for around 14k on flipkart with BD player. Higher you can look for only old model onkyo 3100 if you can get that, will be around 20k. Around 25k you will get recent only models like onkyo 3300 or 3400

Hi Can you tell me where to get Onkyo in kolkata? the authorized dealer asks for 28k for onkyo 3400

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back