Which Internet Connection are you using ??

Spidey

Hi

I would like your views on the net connection u are using : which brand, type, speed, monthly charges, your rating..

I am using BSNL Broadband 256 kbps / Monthly Unlimited download plan/ 800Rs/month..
speed nothing great and not suitable for heavy downloads.

regards

Hi

I would like your views on the net connection u are using : which brand, type, speed, monthly charges, your rating..

I am using BSNL Broadband 256 kbps / Monthly Unlimited plan/ 800Rs/month..
speed nothing great and not suitable for heavy downloads.

regards

Hai Spidey,

Try BSNL BB limited @ 2 MBPS it works great, I am using it for past 2 years.

Thanks,

N.Murali.

i m using BSNL Home 500 plan with 2mbps speed since last 4 yrs. with free download from 2am to 8 am. it is best for big downloads. In this 6 hrs you can download much more that you do in 24 hr using 256 kbps connection.
and the speed is always good and rarely faces disconnection.

i m using BSNL Home 500 plan with 2mbps speed since last 4 yrs. with free download from 2am to 8 am. it is best for big downloads. In this 6 hrs you can download much more that you do in 24 hr using 256 kbps connection.
and the speed is always good and rarely faces disconnection.

+1 to that. If u can download at night, it's best. Otherwise go for 750 unlimited plan.
For BB, BSNL is best at moment. Great speed combined with Low cost. Beats evrybody else.

Hi,

Mine is Airtel Broad Band 256kps unlimited connection, initially which i paid a deposit of Rs.500/-, monthily rental is Rs.750/- plus taxes, with a rental free landline, one free cordless beetel phone works very good, free adsl2 + modem, unlimited calls for any one airtel mobile number, 50% discount for any one std landline number, 30 % discount for any one isd number, and all of that, its ok to download from a slow speed 256kps setup.

cheers

Hello

I started with Airtel 256 (799+tax) , then jumped to 2mbps limited ( approx 2.4K) then to 1mbps unlimited (approx 2K) now steady on 512kbps @ 1.4K + tax).

Airtel quality is almost business like in uptime. And I get advanced notification sms 4 to 6 hours before any scheduled maintenance usually between 12 to 5am. My connection has been down for only a couple of hours max in 3 years!!

No performance issues. Usually get full speed!

Cheers

i am being siphoned off by magarpatta city (there is no other alternative) and tataindicom people. I end up paying 1100 for a 384kbps unlimited connection.

Need a change of place soon:mad:

I am big fan of BSNL company now !!

I use 256 kbps DSL line and it is very good. Earlier i had 2Mbps and it was very very good. I used to get max bandwidth with download managers and it was way better then any private internet cos. I feel that BSNL is the leader in internet now. customer service sucks but then I rarely used it :)

+1 to that. If u can download at night, it's best. Otherwise go for 750 unlimited plan.
For BB, BSNL is best at moment. Great speed combined with Low cost. Beats evrybody else.

Yes, i download at night. i normally download bittorrent stuff. that you can schedule at 2am. also you can schedule net connection using rasdial. so i just keep the pc on when i go for sleep

Dont laugh ,but Garuda mobile internet with dnld speed 9kbps.
Its 300/m & ok to surf for me.

MTNL 256kbps Unlimited @ Rs. 1100/ month (inclusive of taxes.)
Average download speed @ 220kBps!;-)
Rating: 9/10

manu we shoudl all get MTNL....

All I get from a 384kbps connection from tata indicom is a paltry measely 40-50 kbps of download speeds......

MTNL 256kbps Unlimited @ Rs. 1100/ month (inclusive of taxes.)
Average download speed @ 220kBps!;-)
Rating: 9/10

I have the same plan, but it takes lot of time to download the movies, when you download any file or movies the actual speed show max 26kbps...whats in your case Reju?

I have the same plan, but it takes lot of time to download the movies, when you download any file or movies the actual speed show max 26kbps...whats in your case Reju?

I had already mentioned.....220kBps

Hi Reju,

Not to start an argument, but where exactly did you see this figure 226kbps download ? Did you perform any test on any of the speedtest websites ?

The reason why i am asking is that I am using an Airtel 512kbps unlimited connection and the max speed with tcp/ip tweak goes to 75kbps.. though for torrents it can vary based on many other parameters.

The speed which you mentioned is what i get in my office, where we have a T1 lines.

if possible, would you be able to try this link to see your speed : Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Hi Reju,

Not to start an argument, but where exactly did you see this figure 226kbps download ? Did you perform any test on any of the speedtest websites ?

The reason why i am asking is that I am using an Airtel 512kbps unlimited connection and the max speed with tcp/ip tweak goes to 75kbps.. though for torrents it can vary based on many other parameters.

The speed which you mentioned is what i get in my office, where we have a T1 lines.

if possible, would you be able to try this link to see your speed : Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Just tried...

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back