Which Ipad?

sud98

I am finally planning to buy an ipad (the new one), wanted to check which one is the best option and the accessories one needs to buy?

My original choice was to buy the new ipad with 16 GB wifi only option. Will the camera cck be good enough to transfer movies and songs or does it make sense to go for the 32gb version.

Also, will the ipad work with using my s2 as a hotspot or does it work with only apple devices? Not very keen on paying extra for the 3g version.

ipads do work with s2 and nokia phones as hotspot. I have checked with ios5 ipad in my office project and can confirm this works.

My suggestion would be 32gb. There are good games app which occupies almost a GB. If you are going to store some HD movies, songs, photos, videos then 16gb won't be enough. Better buy would be 32gb.

You can use android phone for wifi tethering.

Accessories always additional..at least smart cover can be considered.

Define the purpose of iPad for yourself and then buy accordingly.

I use it for accessing Internet on the move and for using as a remote control for my system at home. I don't play any games on it and sometimes watch YouTube videos. Occasionally I use it for reading PDF files which my kindle device does not display well.

I opted for the 3G version with minimum space.

If you want to play large size games and movies then buy more space. If you don't intend to travel with your iPad don't buy 3G. At the end it comes down to what you need it for.

Dont think I personally will get access to the ipad. Main usage will be

1. Surfing for wife
2. Surfing for son (youtube videos)
3. Apps for learning/teaching my son
4. Games for son

Primarily to be used at home, could be used to keep son occupied while in restaurants or on long drives.

Currently, use a 16gb iphone (whose mic has got spoilt and is locked) for the same. Havent run short of space except while loading movies.

I have the 16 GB ipad 2 for my wife and 32 GB new ipad for myself. Both wifi only models. My home and office have broadband Wifi routers while most phones can be used as hot spots.

32 GB is required as the new display warrants bigger and better definition wallpapers and full HD video playback.

i use a case logic and capdase folio case respectively.

Even I was looking to buy one. how much would the latest ipad3 cost and where would we get it for cheapest price?

From a worldwide perspective, India is one of the cheapest places to buy one. I checked out UK,Aus, Singapore. The price differential is not much across the world even compared to the US.

The cheapest model (16gb/wifi only) is around 29500 -30500, and it increases by around 5k for every upgrade (size/4g) with the costliest around 59, I think for the 64gb with sim.

Apple has I think, pretty high control on prices, so not much variance across stores.

seeing your usage get a 16 gb Wi Fi, use phone as hotspot if you want internet on move.

Use the CCK to put a 32 gb card to watch movies and listen to music.

On ebay almost all models are available for a 2000 buck discount these days.

The 16GB new ipad is available for 27500 as compared to 29500

while 32GB is for 34500 as compared to 36500.

I have the CCK however am not able to play videos or listen to music from the same. Need to do some googling to crack that.

On ebay almost all models are available for a 2000 buck discount these days.

The 16GB new ipad is available for 27500 as compared to 29500

while 32GB is for 34500 as compared to 36500.

I have the CCK however am not able to play videos or listen to music from the same. Need to do some googling to crack that.

what is CCK?

Tonight Apple is going to announce the new iPhone 5 and most probably a new iPad. Wait for this and prices for existing iPad 2 and 3 models would come down if the new iPad is a technology upgrade from the existing ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCK is the " Camera Connection Kit ". This kit introduces two module. One for reading memory cards for transferring pictures and a USB adapter which I use to connect an external DAC connected to my DIY audio system.

@ Athek. Will Jailbreak void the apple warranty.

The new iPad that apple is going to release is a 7 inch model not competing with the ipad 3 but to counter the samsung note.

Last edited:
CCK is the " Camera Connection Kit ". This kit introduces two module. One for reading memory cards for transferring pictures and a USB adapter which I use to connect an external DAC connected to my DIY audio system.

The new iPad that apple is going to release is a 7 inch model not competing with the ipad 3 but to counter the samsung note.

Jailbreak will not void the warranty, but before giving to apple care try to revert the jailbreak. Few days back my iPad home button not working properly, I revert my jailbreak and gave to apple care, they replaced me with new iPad.

Just do a factory restore from iTunes before giving it for service.

And ya new iPad is going to be mini iPad not impacting price of existing models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tonight Apple is going to announce the new iPhone 5 and most probably a new iPad. Wait for this and prices for existing iPad 2 and 3 models would come down if the new iPad is a technology upgrade from the existing ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think from whatever I read they were expecting a launch of ipad mini which is a lesser version of ipad. Not sure how it's launch would effect iPad2 or 3 pricing. Since the iPad mini would be of lesser size and cost.
Anyways heard it may get launched in October.

I think from whatever I read they were expecting a launch of ipad mini which is a lesser version of ipad. Not sure how it's launch would effect iPad2 or 3 pricing. Since the iPad mini would be of lesser size and cost.
Anyways heard it may get launched in October.

Excuse my ignorance, I am not much into iPads and wasn't aware that it's gonna be iPad mini. That's the reason I also mentioned that "existing iPad 2 and 3 models would come down if the new iPad is a technology upgrade from the existing ones". Now that it's clear that new iPad is not going to be an upgraded version from the existing ones, iPad2/3 prices won't be affected.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back