Hi All,

I want to buy a new led TV.

As per my ground work, finalized two Models as below

1. LG 42LW5700
2. SAMSUNG 40D6600

As per my knowledge 3D is better in LG

And as per the forum in hi-vision and other sources samsung led is the best

so i wanted to know whether LG's LED feature is ok in that model and my

purpose is watch HD movies - watch sports in HD and watch blue ray movies with or without 3D.

Pleas suggest.

Thanks in advance

I have had quite a bad experience with samsung, with their 5 series LCD bought 3 years going kaput already and samsung is asking me to spend 35K to get it fixed. Also, samsung has active 3d for which you will have to use the hefty powered (battery, charging etc etc) glasses. you get only 2 with the tv and each extra costs 3.5k. where as lg uses passive 3d hence the glasses are almost identical to normal sunglasses- much lighter and comfortable. they are also cheap incase you wanna buy more than the 4 you already get with the TV. Also 42" LED TVs from Panasonic have received really good reviews, you might wanna check them out- they too use active 3d though.

but more importantly, do you really need 3d cos i feel its really in its nascent stages. already toshiba has come out with glass free 3d tv (though still a prototype). there are very few 3d BD titles available now and zero 3d cable channels.! i see a major change coming across in the 3d realm of tech and very soon these so called high end 3d tvs will become obsolete. and by soon i mean as soon as 1 or 2 years.!

instead you can use that extra money in buying a larger TV- HD movies on a larger screen will be much much better. just my suggestion.

Thanks nindo.

But my budget is around 60000 and this anyone tv i am going to get from dubai only.

Anyways can u suggest any tv without 3d or with 3d(bonus) but FULL HD
with out clouding,without jagging, with high contrast ratio, with high moving rate. if it comes to my budget in dubai let me try that also.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks in advance.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back