Which music phone(MP) do you have?

Sony Ericsson W660i bought 3 years back. It is 3g, has video call facility. Nice bass but not too loud.

I have HTC desire HD with Android 2.2.1. Music is really great with 4.3-inch display, Dolby Mobile and SRS virtual surround sound.

I have owned Sony Ericsson T10, Philips 350, Philips 755, Nokia N73(ME), Nokia E61i mobile phones (in the same order) previously. The initial 3 were non music phones, N73 being my first music phone. It sounded OK and always felt short in front of the SE music phones in terms of SQ but it was an overall package. My current E61i also doesn't perform that well in the sound department but I have been living with this phone for so long that I am now used to it. Don't listen to music on it though. I prefer my music system for dedicated music listening.

* I have found that the bundled music player in the Nokia phone is not up to the mark and the third party player LCG Jukebox brings a lot of improvement in the SQ. Try it!! *

how come sound quality headphone attach i've hear from nokia 5130 better than sony ericsson WT19, anyone have explanation?

there is no such thing as great music phone
SE music phones:bad dsp enhanced sound,sounded artificial

phones will never give that good sound as in pcb u have small space
for audio,so smallest (bad for audio) ceramic capaitors,low power compromise Dac
does processing.

please dont blow 5k on head amp,4k on iems..it is useless!!!!
if you feed dog with more food, it will never become a horse.

onthe move audio gear is bulky,not many will like
3m_duallock_photo_DIY5.jpg

i use galaxy s...ui part of android serves easy play of av
S3 has better dac..
too lazy to blow money on fat plastic

Last edited:
there is no such thing as great music phone
SE music phones:bad dsp enhanced sound,sounded artificial

Its not always,recently I heard Iphone4 connected to Rotel + Wharfedale combo & it was sounding much better than sony BDP(380).Also some of the phones listened via good headphones sounds better than budget set up.ed Nokia E5 with AT-M50.

Its not always,recently I heard Iphone4 connected to Rotel + Wharfedale combo & it was sounding much better than sony BDP(380).Also some of the phones listened via good headphones sounds better than budget set up.ed Nokia E5 with AT-M50.

E5 drives the M50 well unamped ????

Obiviously the iphone's refinement when it comes to sound,is superior than all rivals.. S3 uses wolfson's DAC. But still its not the same good one that was used in the older nano's.. Even the new shuffle,sound's better than any android.. Buy any phone,and for music use a sansa clip plus or shuffle.. sansa has radio too..:)

To say, I never think there exists an audiophile phone,so far.. What you look for is, the least compromise,out there.. :p

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back