Which one is the ideal stereo amp for Dali Zensor 3?

prish

Hi everyone,

I am going to audion Dali Zensor 3 based on my research and recommendations by various dealers. The kind of music I am mostly going to listen to is Classics, Hindi OST for 70% of times, Jazz and Rock for 30%, via Fiio X1 as the main sound source. I will also keep them plugged with TV to watch movies on Netflix (may add a subwoofer later, if required).

I already auditioned Zensor 1 but was not impressed with its high range and bass response. However, heard that Zensor 3 are miles ahead than Zensor 1.

Here I need your great help to decide the right amp within the budget of Rs. 60,000. I was getting lured of getting an AVR (to get 5.1 in future) but it seems it's a compromise when your main purpose is listening to high fidelity music.

I also need your help on deciding the right kind of under stereo category also like a pure stereo amp without any digital interference e.g Marantz PM6005 or the one with Bluetooth, USB support e.g Yamaha R-N602.

Some of the AMPs I shortlisted are:

Onkyo A-9010, Rs. 29,000

Cambridge Audio CXA60, Rs. 63,200

Marantz PM5005, Rs, 36,000

Marantz PM6005, Rs. 50,000

Marantz PM6006 Integrated Amplifier, Rs. 32,000

Yamaha R-N602, Rs. 40,000

Kindly share your choice on above and please add if you have any other better option.

Please also share your thought on after sale service (heard Yamaha is the best). Above prices are from Amazon, hope it's safe to buy from there.

Last edited:
Today I auditioned Zensor 3 with Marantz PM8006 AVR and Marantz1609NR Stereo Amps. I was expecting a nominal drop in the listening experience with the AVR setup, but no, it was quite evident. The stereo setup was much better in highs and bass was not overpowering the vocals.

What music have you listened to in your auditions?
Was it your own music or something that the dealer chose to play?
Classic Bollywood is not easily available in high quality versions. So you need to test with your own music.

I had a pm6005. Used with zensor 3 for a week and sold the amp. Didn't like it at all.

Have heard the cxa60. Very musical amp. My choice would be the cxa60.

If you did not quite like the Zensor 1s, is it a smart idea to go with Zensor 3s? They are the same range and sound signature will be similar, albeit woth improvements. Have you tried auditioning other brands?

Hi everyone,

I am going to audion Dali Zensor 3 based on my research and recommendations by various dealers. The kind of music I am mostly going to listen to is Classics, Hindi OST for 70% of times, Jazz and Rock for 30%, via Fiio X1 as the main sound source. I will also keep them plugged with TV to watch movies on Netflix (may add a subwoofer later, if required).

I already auditioned Zensor 1 but was not impressed with its high range and bass response. However, heard that Zensor 3 are miles ahead than Zensor 1.

Here I need your great help to decide the right amp within the budget of Rs. 60,000. I was getting lured of getting an AVR (to get 5.1 in future) but it seems it's a compromise when your main purpose is listening to high fidelity music.

I also need your help on deciding the right kind of under stereo category also like a pure stereo amp without any digital interference e.g Marantz PM6005 or the one with Bluetooth, USB support e.g Yamaha R-N602.

Some of the AMPs I shortlisted are:

Onkyo A-9010, Rs. 29,000

Cambridge Audio CXA60, Rs. 63,200

Marantz PM5005, Rs, 36,000

Marantz PM6005, Rs. 50,000

Marantz PM6006 Integrated Amplifier, Rs. 32,000

Yamaha R-N602, Rs. 40,000

Kindly share your choice on above and please add if you have any other better option.

Please also share your thought on after sale service (heard Yamaha is the best). Above prices are from Amazon, hope it's safe to buy from there.

Hi

Go for Onkyo or Yamaha or NAD or Cambridge audio......online dealers may just provide seller warranty....better to check with the dealers around your location for the best deal......audition and decide......

Test with your own music where possible....the Dalis are placement specific for the best optimal performance......so decide properly before investing in the amp and speakers.....

Today I auditioned Zensor 3 with Marantz PM8006 AVR and Marantz1609NR Stereo Amps. I was expecting a nominal drop in the listening experience with the AVR setup, but no, it was quite evident. The stereo setup was much better in highs and bass was not overpowering the vocals.

You swapped the model name and amp type (may be typo) PM8006 is a stereo amp and 1609NR is an AVR

Dear,
Maranz amp go very well with dali. i have been using Maranz-6005+Dali Z3 for 2 yrs. and performance is good.

thanks

What music have you listened to in your auditions?
Was it your own music or something that the dealer chose to play?
Classic Bollywood is not easily available in high quality versions. So you need to test with your own music.
I played my own music form FiiO X1. I played Queen, Rahman, and some ghazals. All of them were FLAC files.

If you did not quite like the Zensor 1s, is it a smart idea to go with Zensor 3s? They are the same range and sound signature will be similar, albeit woth improvements. Have you tried auditioning other brands?

Zensar 3 is better with the overall performance updates in comparison to Zensar 1. I also auditioned Q Acoustics 3020 which I liked, will do a side by side comparison again. However, almost all the dealers rated Dali better than Q Acoustics.

Hi

Go for Onkyo or Yamaha or NAD or Cambridge audio......online dealers may just provide seller warranty....better to check with the dealers around your location for the best deal......audition and decide......

Test with your own music where possible....the Dalis are placement specific for the best optimal performance......so decide properly before investing in the amp and speakers.....

Almost all the dealers are rating Marantz on a very higher side than any other brand to use with Dali.

Almost all the dealers are rating Marantz on a very higher side than any other brand to use with Dali.

If you want good justice for these speakers...then the Marantz PM 700x or 800x series......the 500x or 600x would be a bit under powered....I am a Marantz user myself!

My younger bro uses the Dali Z3 with SR6008.....(110 watts RMS per channel )

If you want good justice for these speakers...then the Marantz PM 700x or 800x series......the 500x or 600x would be a bit under powered....I am a Marantz user myself!

My younger bro uses the Dali Z3 with SR6008.....(110 watts RMS per channel )
I experienced the 800x series and it was great; but too steep for my budget :) I wonder how come so many people are happy with 600x series. I will audition 600x this week.

Zensar 3 is better with the overall performance updates in comparison to Zensar 1. I also auditioned Q Acoustics 3020 which I liked, will do a side by side comparison again. However, almost all the dealers rated Dali better than Q Acoustics.
One friendly word of advise, do not be bothered beyond reason with 'advise' from the dealers. Trust what you hear, that is most important. Most of the time a dealer will try to sell you what fetches him/her the most buck. If you need constructive advise this is the right place to ask as you have done.
The point I am trying to make is: buy what you liked and not what the dealer is pushing.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back