Which projector to buy? Sony vpl-hw40ex or Epson tw8200 or panasonic pt-ae8000 or ben

Re: Which projector to buy? Sony vpl-hw40ex or Epson tw8200 or panasonic pt-ae8000 or

I auditioned Epson 8200 6600, jvc 4K @ Sony epl 40, liked the Sony for better colour accuracy. 8200 is better in blacks but the price difference is 50k. So I went with Sony and very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Which projector to buy? Sony vpl-hw40ex or Epson tw8200 or panasonic pt-ae8000 or

I would go with sony vpl if I have the budget. Also try JVC they are top notch in the visual presentation.

JVC is too much costly. One advantage with Sony is its better after sales and spare parts. We spent so much in projector and for any reason something goes wrong then that will be even tough for JVC or other similar product.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JVC is too much costly. One advantage with Sony is its better after sales and spare parts. We spent so much in projector and for any reason something goes wrong then that will be even tough for JVC or other similar product.

I think Sony has a great after sales network, but good luck if you need parts replacement as they charge a bomb for the same. The Epson is the choice if you are looking at good ASS.

Oh... I thought of only replacement lamp. That costs 15k.

In my opinion all of the brands mentioned are good ( EPSON, SONY, Panasonic etc.,) and most of the time they do not fail.

Question is if they fail - then we need to check local service.,

So better to first select the projector you like based on your personal preference and then check if they have local service support.

This will help you to make decision faster.

So I could negotiate for a good price below 2.00 lacs for hw65es..

65es has noy yet arrived in Kolkata AFAIK. They have 55es in stock. MRP is approx 3.17 lakhs. You might get a good discount.

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos might creep in.

I just wanted to share my experience with 45ES.

I just took a demo of the 45ES and 500ES this weekend. Both are simply superb. I even compared both the PJs with 1080p content (Dark Knight blu ray disc played via Sony blu ray player).
To my eyes and for 1080p content, there is not much difference in contrast, sharpness, brightness between 45ES and 500ES when viewed from 10' (screen size was 92" and it was an el cheppo white motorized screen). I know it sounds crazy that I am trying to compare a $2000 PJ with a $10000 one. But in this comparison, I am not talking about 4k content. Only 1080p has been taken into consideration.

As soon as we started the demo with 45ES, I clearly noticed the motion blur issue. It simply looked like the 60z LED tv that I own (Sony 40EX650). I immediately raised the concern to the sales personnel. He went to the settings and changed the settings to Smooth Low under Motion Flow. Immediately frame interpolation took place and movie started to look lifelike (like what I see in IMAX).

Currently taking demo on various PJs from different brands. This will take some time to finalize which one should I go for.

Here are few images and videos from the demo:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony 500ES:

ffce78962d250353492c9e90de218059.jpg

0a547f0662ab8dfc2816fbf24a2e7afe.jpg

6c80d5814c22fb39bdf58c957b0f1306.jpg

Video URL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5xB6j2kUnM8YTFhRlBZN2RHdHM/view

Sony 45ES

dc9708e1f8cfbba5796a632abec4e0c2.jpg

Video URL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5xB6j2kUnM8WmxZNTJRcnphQ2c/view

Thank you so much saiket. Please keep us informed. Specially about Sony projectors

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back