which tv manufacturer has best after sales service.

I dont how but, v hav a 29inch 13year old LG crt tv which still now giving the same pq as it was on 1first day....with daily minimum 8hrs running...no single minor or major repair till now....i still hav it, n also added LG LW6500 last year...

That's nice to hear.
@chungs, I've got same dilemma. I'm also planning to buy a LED TV but unable to finalize one. Below are my experiences -

1. Sony - Not sure why but it's always been a reliable brand. I've not seen much people complaining about Sony televisions. However, I'm not sure about their After Sales Support (ASS).

2. Panasonic and Sharp - Another Japanese major. Even their products are at par with other brands. But again, I've not heard positive reviews about their ASS.

3. Samsung - I bought a Samsung LCD but then it failed time and again. Although, everywhere I hear that Samsung is a world leader etc. May be it was a one off case with me. As for their ASS, I found it good.

4. LG - As far as quality is concerned, I find it at par with other major brands. Not sure about the product life. Service is what I heard is a big advantage with LG.

Let me know if it helps us some way and if you finalized any TV based on this. That would help me as well.

That's nice to hear.
@chungs, I've got same dilemma. I'm also planning to buy a LED TV but unable to finalize one. Below are my experiences -

1. Sony - Not sure why but it's always been a reliable brand. I've not seen much people complaining about Sony televisions. However, I'm not sure about their After Sales Support (ASS).

2. Panasonic and Sharp - Another Japanese major. Even their products are at par with other brands. But again, I've not heard positive reviews about their ASS.

3. Samsung - I bought a Samsung LCD but then it failed time and again. Although, everywhere I hear that Samsung is a world leader etc. May be it was a one off case with me. As for their ASS, I found it good.

4. LG - As far as quality is concerned, I find it at par with other major brands. Not sure about the product life. Service is what I heard is a big advantage with LG.

Let me know if it helps us some way and if you finalized any TV based on this. That would help me as well.

Eventhough LG is a big advantage in after sales service.Why not many people have purchased Lg from our forum. Many people have purchased panasonic plasma's and sony led. I don't know even though the After sales service of panasonic is poor compared to other brand, how come people prefer for panasonic plasma even if it's PQ is the best. People like me can't invest in tv's too often. Same is the case with sony led's similiar to panasonic plasma's.

Last edited:
Eventhough LG is a big advantage in after sales service.Why not many people have purchased Lg from our forum. Many people have purchased panasonic plasma's and sony led. I don't know even though the After sales service of panasonic is poor compared to other brand, how come people prefer for panasonic plasma even if it's PQ is the best. People like me can't invest in tv's too often. Same is the case with sony led's similiar to panasonic plasma's.

Don't go by this forum's record. Most members here are very much concerned about pq and all that. Hence plasma owners and in particular Panasonic owners will be in a majority. That is not meaning that there are no LG buyers out there or Lg is bad.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I need comparison of sony's after sales service of led v/s panasonic's after sales service of plasma v/s lg's after sales service of led.

You are asking for a comparison that will be hypothetical at best. Service network is just not dependent on the company but the geographical area as well. So while you might get good TV service in a metro city, the situation in the smaller cities or towns might be different. My friend who owns a Samsung ES6800 and an LG LM6700 has praised LG's service and has had moderate appreciation for Samsung while I know of other Sammy owners who might say otherwise. I hope the message is conveyed that after sales service is very subjective.

I own sony lcd and it is in operation since last 3 and 1/2 yrs..no issue, so never experienced the ass, so no comments....
I own lg, and I had lw serious passive 3 d and it was running perfect, only problem was the magic motion remote use to hang at times and lg mentioned it cud be due to wifi freq around, but I was a bit disappointed by this issue and did a lot of follow ip with lg, they entertained me well, but were reluctant for the replacement, till I raised it to the regional head and got the complete refund of my money...i wax very happy at the end with the results and the lg care...and can say that service of lg is good for sure... But again I feel it is very much person dependent as well..by the way my 2nd tv is also lg lm.series ... And I am enjoying it .
we hear a lot abt good lg service and I am the one who experienced it, so I am a positive vote for lg ass...

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back