which tv manufacturer has best after sales service.

Dear all, I bought 26" samsung Bourdux around 2007 Diwali, touch wood , still working super, once there was a SMPS prob, switched off the TV from mains for 3 days, and restarted, till now working fine, I got 2 TS HD PVR & 1 SD pvr, also my Akai 25" , 2007 purchase still working.

Sent from my iPhone.

All, I have a Sharp 13'' LCD which was purchased in the year 2005. I am still surprised with the picture quality of this set.

chungs
from my personal experience, samsung has the best service followed by Lg and sony. panasonic is the worst.

Regards!

I think samsung's after sales service is good for only 1 year after the purchase of led/lcd, after that if any problem occurs regarding panel replacement they cost u around 50-60% of the total tv cost. How about lg's and sony's after the 1 year of usage do they cover the cost of repair. I need comments from those who have personally used these lcd/led's.

Last edited:
I will not say best,but smooth service offered by Phillips to me-
http://www.hifivision.com/dealer-feedback-review/7352-philips-after-sales-review.html

I believe the first replacement Tv was of lower model and then they replaced with original model right?

Ypur statement -

After 21 days no call,so I phoned to know the status & to my surprise new set was arrieved for me & will be delivered after 2 days.
They came with new LCD set(monday 7/12/09) & when I checked the box ,It was HDready model(5409?) & not mine.I had confirmed with centre that its same.They called centre & found that just bcos of similar packing & my set left @ centre.

I cannot take bull that in the era of Barcode scanning a wrong piece was deleverd because of packing!
TO ME THIS IS CHEATING!!!
Only you were able to catch it so you were lucky:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

So what is so great and smooth about this -
I feel those guys were acting like "smooth criminal" fot "great TV robbery" ,what stood in between was your alertness.:rolleyes::rolleyes::clapping::clapping:

I cannot take bull that in the era of Barcode scanning a wrong piece was deleverd because of packing!
TO ME THIS IS CHEATING!!!
Only you were able to catch it so you were lucky:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

So what is so great and smooth about this -

Thats right.I was expecting Horrible service as read online & knew from others,still I was lucky to get it replaced as new.:D

A scan on Mouthshut.com will give you the bigger picture. But you must also consider that those who sell more will also have more (failure) reviews.

I went through mouthshut.com as suggested by you.There don't seem to be a large gap in difference of after sales service of lg and sony.According to mouthshut members, lg is slightly having better after sales service than sony. But sony is having better picture quality than lg. So I'm confused for which brand to go(but i'm slightly inclined towards sony i want to know whether i'm making a right decision). Please clear my confusion, just4kix and other experts in the forum.(just like how u cleared my confusion of led v/s plasma)

Last edited:
Thank you for calling me an "expert" which I am certainly not.

I view the situation like this. When it comes to after sales service, everybody tries to cheat out of warranty claims. They will go to all ends to prove that warranty clauses do not hold true.

Next, about electronics these days - nothing can be guaranteed. The electronics has become more complicated, lots of embedded stuff and generally not easily reparable. "Repairing" is something that is forgotten. A service man comes and says that the PCB needs to be replaced and then presents with a fat bill. The PCB is sent back to the factory where it is "refurbished" and then sold as "new".

So basically it comes to which name you trust "not to fail", i.e., most reliable. Because that is the only safe bet. Unfortunately we do not seem to have stats to help in this decision. And more likely it is a decision of "which devil is going to give you least headache". Even I cannot commit to any brand here. My old BPL 21" CRT TV is still working - needs a service now and then but basically working. Alas! Things are way different now. Ten years ago, I would have said Sony - today I am not so sure.

But going by faith, I would say that Sony, Samsung or LG - all are almost equal.

+1 to Just4Kix. I was purchasing an electronic item and asked my friend's brother(who was in sales division of 2 of the major brand). He said that you can go with any of the major brands and they are all the same for most purposes.

At the same time, there may be other apects you may want con consider - Warranty Period (Pana Plasma has 3 yr), AMC option (LG) etc.

Samsung has the worst after sales service. I had bought a 32" LCD two years back. Within one year I had to change the PCB and they charged me around Rs.5000/-. After 6 months there were double images appearing and now they are saying to change the LCD panel and the cost is Rs.15000/-. To pay Rs.20000/- within 2 years is like a nightmare and hell to me now.
I will never buy a Samsung product in my life again.

I have a bad experience with after sales service of sony with my home theatre. I won't recommend you to go for sony If you are considering after sales service as a big thing..

I have a bad experience with after sales service of sony with my home theatre. I won't recommend you to go for sony If you are considering after sales service as a big thing..

In case of tv's sony is offering 2 year extended warrany . Do they not honour the extended warranty in case of replacement of panel etc required.

I asked them about it..they said in extended warranty the cover is same as the cover during 1yr warranty.

In case of tv's sony is offering 2 year extended warrany . Do they not honour the extended warranty in case of replacement of panel etc required.

I don't have much info about their warranty claim as in for TV's but for home theatres it sucks....why don't you have a look at other brands like Samsung, LG, Panasonic.

I don't have much info about their warranty claim as in for TV's but for home theatres it sucks....why don't you have a look at other brands like Samsung, LG, Panasonic.

I suppose LG is the better than others in after sales service in the Indian tv market(lcd/led).As many people have rated it.

Last edited:
At-least sony makes better ht than samsung, lg and panasonic.

@chungs better ask people who got Lg product and experienced after sales service.

At-least sony makes better ht than samsung, lg and panasonic.

@chungs better ask people who got Lg product and experienced after sales service.

I have asked few people who got lg product ex:jsanand from our forum had a lg plasma. and few others who have rated lg's after sale service slightly better than other manufacturers. I know lg's PQ does not match sony's and samsung's but lg after sale service is better as rated by few people.

Last edited:
I have asked few people who got lg product ex:jsanand from our forum had a lg plasma. and few others who have rated lg's after sale service slightly better than other manufacturers. I know lg's PQ does not match sony's and samsung's but lg after sale service is better as rated by few people.
I would not rate LG any lower than Sony/Samsung. In the yesteryears, circa 1990s, Sony was the undisputed king of video. Be it the Super Trinitron, BetaMax (which was most unfortunately discarded in consumer video but remained in braodcasting), or its camcorders, etc., Sony was THE name to go to.

Slowly, others caught up. Sony's own high costs of manufacturing did not help. The Korean upstarts have knocked off Sony at least in the sales charts. Now Sony, Samsung, LG, etc. are almost at par in terms of quality. Sony, Matsushita/Panasonic, Sharp and other such Japanese giants have a legacy of brand name but not anything more.

The brands of today have held to smaller fiefdoms. No one is an emporer any more.

Sony, Samsung, Lg share same highest 20% market each in India while in world market share samsung got 21%,lg 13% and sony 10%..and sony sells only led/lcd no plasma...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back