Who won AV MAX Awards 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have the copy of 1st issue.I recollect that it had a group test of Sony,Panasonic,Kenwood music system.Also some Onkyo hifi system & speakers reviewed.The quality of pages was very good & used to like to see the hifi photos.But now I have also found that some times they finish their reviews very fast without proper setup.I remember they claimed one hifi stereo system as average which was indeed good combo.When read carefully,I found their source player was philips DVDp & not even entry level CDp.

And if I recollect correctly, the JVC system got the best rating.
However, I too feel that AV Max quality has degraded considerably. Seems like most of their original staff has left for greener pastures. For example, Nishant Padhiar has joined What HiFi.
My magazine wala delivers it to me at my office, and its become more of a ritual to quickly go through all the pages and then put it down, never to open it again.

I agree, but the magazine reviewers have two ears only and they are getting paid to use the two ears and will be biased. Here you are getting free review based on individual taste as told earlier and you have to start looking into it.:)
I have a problem with this. I know many people too who always look at the angle that if someone is paid to do something it will mean that that "something" may be compromised just because they are paid by someone else.
I'd just like to believe about other people as what I would do in a situation like this. And compromising is NOT what I would do. Not to imply that it does not happen or that you are wrong. I'm sure it does happen. But I would not want a life always looking over my shoulder :eek:hyeah:

Hemant,
I think you need to get your facts right, in no way the magazine has claimed that my home theatre set up was best in India. The magazine may some times be wrong but if they are over all wrong then do you really think that they would have so much of sales? Therefore i feel it is not at all correct to claim that the magazine is not good.
Ref Old Links
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/575-mini-theatres-article-mans-world-magazine.html
your Quote
Indeed the home theater is out of the world, it seems on official basis my mini theatre is among the top 5 in India, there will be others who will be having much better but they have decided to remain private, while i have given the pictures to magazines. In last 2 years i have seen around 30 photo's of Indian home theatres, i have found mine as the best on assorted fronts, otherwise 5 magazines would have not covered it, three are in the pipe line, one issue will be there in January, the magazine should be out next week.
Unfortunately first 2 document links are not working
Hemant,

About being permanently in pro logic mode, you know it very well that my knowledge with this is very less, this setting was done by Profix who sold me the denon's receiver so i was safe to assume that they have done the right setting. It was because of you and Spiro, i was able to get the better sound when you'll removed the prologic setting, it is no wonder i always say that the kind of true and correct help which we can get at the forum, often a professional may not be able to live up.
As far as the Sub goes, it surely is working but maybe not up to my satisfaction while about the tweeter, i did not know that it was not working but i did know that something could be wrong with the sound of my system, so again it was very nice of Spiro, to point out about the tweeter. The dialogues i think most of it comes from the center speaker.
But when you were enjoying wrong systems, but always in your advice you give it like all knowing guru .. I am sure you never venture outside so your basic benchmarks are not set ..and in current scenario if you are not updated ,you become outdated I am sure you have NOT experienced hi def sound , real subwoofer effects , 1080 P ( or maybe you have) , 4 K , active and passive 3D ,and this is not rocket science .a lot of forum members take experience ,they experiment and they give an advise with modesty( like santy)
Hemant,

I think it is not fair on your part to point out in the open about some drawbacks that to again and again. Please guide me with the true agenda on this repeated writings.
Not took you name then what triggered you to become so conceious?
Hemant,
I have invited you twice or thrice at my house, but you never said a word of appreciation towards my theater or hospitality
Check this threads I was not able to trace all
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/9649-vinays-dvd-player-sale-contribution-hfv.html
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/22020-join-party-mumbai-hfv-meet-2011-a-25.html
I THINK I praised you , right?
I am trying to find out more statements
Hemant,
I have invited you twice or thrice at my house, but you never said a word of appreciation towards my theater or hospitality but you are quick to point out the drawbacks, do you think this is fair? If you can not praise then you automatically should loose the right to criticize etc that too in the open especially when you know my knowledge is less on some of the counts. In other words your knowledge could be a big zero in certain things while i would be knowing enough about it so would this mean that i have a licence to criticize you every now and then that too in the open?
I have never had any problems with you, but i do not know what is your problem with me in spite of i treating you very well and on 2 occasions i have offered you movies also while on the other hand you have never invited me to your place.

Regards

V.
Yes you treated us well but in last meet what you said about my friends Denom , HariIyer , and Malvai and then straightaway put those caustic remarks on HFV it was bad..Denoms business is like that he gets call at 11th hour , and he have to go whatever the day even on Sunday. Business is his bread and butter. Also he tried to inform you by PM that is the only mode of communication with you as you do not communicate by standard mode of communication like phone / cell. So you should be understanding but you passed really bad remarks that to on forum..Hari was too stuck due to family issues. And no need to bring issue of Manavs mistreatment. We all have fantastic experience of Manavs hospitality. Yes when you visited his place he was not there ,but he was coming from some meeting again his business is like that and you do not carry cell how he would have informed ??? ( BTW you accused Manav of not offering water or his servantthat maybe true as Manav never offered me water never he offered me wine , beer, vodka , whiskey --- ( @ malvai why no Rum & Gin??)

My problem is that I try to stand by my friends and try to fight for them

BTW your remarks and lot of criss cross threads were removed by request od Denom you should be thankful ; or else it would have been a permanent online record of your thinking.In that same thread you claimed food is wasted where both ( Hari & Denom) was wondering how that is happened when they tried to inform you well in advance

@hemantwaghe & Vinay:

Guys, cut it out.

Really.

This is really petty and idiotic. Show some bigness.

And move on beyond personal remarks.

Last edited:
Guys, cut it out.

Really.

This is really petty and idiotic. Show some bigness.

I this thread I did not even taken his name ...I was telling some facts :rolleyes: , no need to comment like that....

BTW Delhi is friggin cold --- Rum /Whiskey pine ka mausam!!!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

I this thread I did not even taken his name ...I was telling some facts :rolleyes: , no need to comment like that....

BTW Delhi is friggin cold --- Rum /Whiskey pine ka mausam!!!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Yes, Delhi is Friggin cold, and seems colder when good guys start cold wars in Sultry Mumbai... Bro, you are bigger than this... please let it go.

@ Vinay, bro, you are a matured bro. I invite you to drop this too.

I too am keen to drop this matter but since Hemant has now replied, i also need to reply in order to protect my image and apologize where the need be.

I and Hemant will try to close this matter soonest.

Thanks.

V.

@ Vinay, bro, you are a matured bro. I invite you to drop this too.

Hemant,

Thank you very much for writing your point of views.

I will reply you on everything and will not hesitate to apologize.

In our writing we have to be careful not to write any content where the moderator's will be forced to close the thread. If there is something i am writing and would create a problem for closure of the thread then do send me a private message and i shall do my best to delete the said content.

In the meantime i request fellow member's in considering not to participate in the matter between Hemant and me, till we are done with our point of view and apologizes.

Thanks.

V.

Hemant,

With the link you have provided it nowhere states that AV Max has said that my Theatre is the best in India as said by you in post # 4.

My point is why accuse a a magazine for something which they have not said.

Please advice.

V.

Ref Old Links
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/575-mini-theatres-article-mans-world-magazine.html
your Quote
Indeed the home theater is out of the world, it seems on official basis my mini theatre is among the top 5 in India, there will be others who will be having much better but they have decided to remain private, while i have given the pictures to magazines. In last 2 years i have seen around 30 photo's of Indian home theatres, i have found mine as the best on assorted fronts, otherwise 5 magazines would have not covered it, three are in the pipe line, one issue will be there in January, the magazine should be out next week.
Unfortunately first 2 document links are not working

Do people read AV Max ? I am shocked !

(In response to the original post and not as a comment on the ongoing argument.)

Last edited:
Hemant,

I will certainly enjoy something because i find it is good but when someone will point out a better option etc then i will surely take the route if feasible. For example a forum member told me that it is better to go for rips in 720P/1080P (6GB and above) then viewing the original DVD's, so i went for it quickly. When Spiro, told me to shift my woofer at a another place, i did it quickly and could feel the difference, When you & Spiro told me the blunder about Prologic, i acted here too swiftly, followed with more ideas for a better experience. The 5.1 system which i have is as per my budget of 2.5 lacs which is quite decent though tweaking etc could be required.

The point is that we strongly need to understand that every one learns step by step, whether it is you, me or anyone.

It is your wrong assumption that i claim that i am a knowing guru for everything. There are several posts for which i do not reply when it comes to making of a theater or about the gears there-off because i do not know on those things and even if i know on something i give my point of view. On the other hand when i get private messages on looking for theater ideas, i always encourage them to open a thread because they will get several opinions.

The point is if i had thought that i am a knowing guru on everything then i would have not handled the way i have written in above paragraph.

V.

But when you were enjoying wrong systems, but always in your advice you give it like all knowing guru .. I am sure you never venture outside so your basic benchmarks are not set .

Last edited:
Hemant,

I do not wish to experience high definition sound because i do not have the budget to upgrade while i have other priorities on spending.

My point is to enjoy for what i have and work hard to make more money for better things in life be it the gadgets etc. In other words i prefer to experience latest things when i have the money to buy because otherwise it is more of wastage in time and un-necessarly get tempted to buy something which is not in my budget etc.

I too have given a lot of replies with modesty in these 4 years for whatever i know, and will continue to do so without any personal interest.

V.

in current scenario if you are not updated ,you become outdated I am sure you have NOT experienced hi def sound , real subwoofer effects , 1080 P ( or maybe you have) , 4 K , active and passive 3D ,and this is not rocket science .a lot of forum members take experience ,they experiment and they give an advise with modesty( like santy)

Hemant,

I think even if one has enough money it may not be better to upgrade till one has used his present gadget extensively for 2 years or so, because the upgrades will never have an end, newer types will keep coming in every 6 months or so even after our death. I have seen a case where someone has used his projector for around 200 hours and is ready for a upgrade.

The point is i prefer more to be upgraded with my knowledge in trading and mutual funds which is my career and not a entertainment source.

V.

in current scenario if you are not updated ,you become outdated

Hemant,

In last several months you have repeated around 3 to 4 times about Prologic, AV Max Magazines coverage , Sub Woofer, Tweeter, these are fully directed to me.

The point is you are deliberately writing about me for unfounded reasons.

If you have written these things about someone else then please do prove.

The earlier times when you bought up these issues i kept quite, but then i am a human being, how much can i take.

V.

Not took you name then what triggered you to become so conceious?

Welcome here:p
Do people read AV Max ? I am shocked !

You guys do really have something personal against AV MAX. What? you can not stand people can get knowledge of hifi from an indian mag?

You guys want monopoly in India? Wanna set up National Hi-fi Advisory Board? :lol:

BTW, people know who runs AV MAX.
BUT WHO RUNS HIFIVISION?

We know AV MAX is not on a charitable mission, it has to make profit to pay its staff and to sustain.

What about hifivision? I appreciate the member inputs here but really man, who's in charge here? Forum has Moderators and Moderators have Moderators? Right......?

Last edited:
Hemant,

The praise was about my free 250 Original DVD's worth 1 Lac & the free DVD player for which i had paid Rs.29,000/-. It is needless to say yes i greatly appreciate that you liked this gesture of which no forum member has done till now about this free give away and proceeds to forum for the player. It is a another point that we give things to friends in working and non-working conditions, but giving away such items in excellent condition to unknown at a forum was probably first of a kind.

The point is i have invited you twice or thrice at my house, but you never said a word of appreciation towards my theater or hospitality but you are quick to point out the drawbacks, do you think this is fair? If you can not praise then you automatically should loose the right to criticize etc that too in the open especially when you know my knowledge is less on some of the counts. In other words your knowledge could be a big zero in certain things while i would be knowing enough about it so would this mean that i have a licence to criticize you every now and then that too in the open?

V.

Last edited:
@Rupam,

It doesn't matter if the mag is Indian or not but what matters is the substance inside. AV Max is not a hifi magazine in my opinion.

Coming to that 'Indian' point, please get it out of your mind that we consider anything Indian inferior just because of the origin country. Actually systems like Rethm, or amps like Cadence come to my mind when someone talks hifi.

Hifivision has opinions of many individuals. Exact count of members maybe known to the moderators. Regarding equipment reviews, I trust no one. Before buying I like to audition and sometimes blindly gamble.

Last edited:
By the way who won 2012 AV Max awards?
Focal integrated amplifier? Norge AV Receiver? NAD floor stander? Wharfadale CD player?

Doesn't seem like a healthy discussion. More like bickering. Stop fighting like kindergarten boys (avoiding saying girls as it may be talking point of another thread). Move on guys and settle your differences and reconcile offline. We read this thread to find some useful info. Looks like it is just a misunderstanding. Don't let other have a hearty laugh of your posts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back