Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di ?!

Well..this is a kind of song u can enjoy hearing in Radio Mirchi when driving to office. Not in your high end HiFi system. Just fun :)

This song sounds more like a modern rap, there are much better rap songs in Tamil which will pull you in when compared to this one, its good to hear like every other song and thats it, IMHO it does not require this hype and more importantly it does not require attention to our forum :)

I found the song catchy, and I am no Rajani fan by any stretch of imagination. Purists will always hate such stuff.
Besides, I thought Shruti Hassan looked hot in the video ;)

I liked it, it aint something I would listen and be lost, but it reminds me of college days and makes me smile...

in the same tone, I have my lyrics penned today after driving around in Chennai

Govinda, Govinda, Chennai-la Mazhai Kalam,
Govinda, Govinda, Chennai-la roads-a KAANUM!!!
Govinda, Govinda...

(Mazhai Kalam = Rainy Season, Kaanum = Disappeared)

This song was the only reason I smiled the whole of today!!!

I enjoy the lyrics but not as a song. Definitely not worth the hype IMO.

321526_2388900240229_1182517922_32308449_1957618138_n.jpg

In sympathy to a sleeping cat

'kolaveri' 'kolaveri' is a song in question
has became famous for no apparent reason

For good or bad, times have changed,
one can see, those lyrics are deranged

Money is what they work for & greed is good,
Hard working artist don't have money for food

phony artist & their senses have became number
Their work can put even a Kitty cat to deep slumber

meow Zzzzzzzzzz

well said Hiten; The song is getting popular, and it is a sign that times have changed.

Why this kolaveri about this song?:D I think most of you upcountry boys can't stand the fact that a non-hindi song has become so popular across the country hehehe.:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:.

Just kidding boys;) So don't jump on me.

Like Ram says it brings a smile on your face.I think most of the anger on this thread seems to be towards the hype created for it rather than the song itself.And i can empathize with it.

Most of the hype that is sought to be created around movies and songs nowadays are getting on my nerves too.The recent example is all the hype created for the tamil flick 7am Arivu.Tho' the movie was a decent one it didn't run to expected levels only because of the hype.Poor Surya.

BTW Ram your lyrics are great.hahaha. I like the original song too.Particularly the lines 'aahayam mela than azhagana mehangal. annanthu parka neram indri povathu engeyo.'

Roughly in english.... Beautiful clouds floating on the sky.And where the heck are you going in a hurry without even pausing and admiring them?'. The Song picturisation is hilarious too.:)

govinda govinda-engeyum eppothum - YouTube

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
Kolaveri di song has crossed about 20 million youtube views within 3 week,still counting. It haxs won youtube golden award for most viral song of this week.

Your first post on HFV and its about the social media stats about this song. It sounds too fishy if you are not one of the guys pushing this on the sites.

No disrespect for people involved with this song but the song itself sucks big time and I usually try a song a few times to see if it grows on me.

Is this song badly recorded or its just my ears?

I am not talking about the tune,lyrics,composition but the actual quality of the studio recording. It seems the recording quality is like from that of late 80 to early 90s hindi movies.

Last edited:
Like Sachin Tendulkar has his critics
Like King Khan has his citics (I hate him too)
Like Rajni has his critics (I guess most of North India agrees with me)
Like IIMs/IITs have their critics (Ask Jairam Ramesh)
Like Ash has her critics
Like Modi has his critics
Like Sonia has her critics
Like Tirupati has its critics
Like Tata has its critics
Like Reliance has its critics
Like DRDO has its critics
Like Indian Army/Airforce/Navy have their critics
Like Idiappam with coconut milk has its critics
Like NTR, MGR, ANR, Raj Kumar have their critics
Like ARR has his critics (Gulzar himself criticized Jai Ho song)
This song too has its own critics....its just a song and it has crossed 20 million hits and who knows it might win some international award when a crap song like Jai Ho has won it.....its typical Indian mentality to criticize if something or someone from India is getting to top and becoming popular.

like Dum Maro Dum, Mehbooba oh Mehbooba, Sharabi songs were a hit in those times, this song will be a hit of this age...who knows?Lets just appreciate the work of these youngsters or take it easy on them and yourself. Don't have to be creative with cats :D

Now, no Kolaveri emotions ma..okay aaa?

This song too has its own critics....its just a song and it has crossed 20 million hits and who knows it might win some international award when a crap song like Jai Ho has won it.....its typical Indian mentality to criticize if something or someone from India is getting to top and becoming popular.

As we talk, it crossed 26 million hits!! I don't like it, thats personal but it has a lot going towards it to attract the majority. It has got like >95% likes too.

Off topic:
Now, good that you brought in Jai ho.. A shit of a song praised as a hero.
It does not have 10% charm from songs from ARR's first movie!!

Here is an evergreen.
Puthu Vellai Mazhai - Roja HD video song - YouTube

Its a matter of personal choice and I love this song. And who says u cannt listen on hi-end system. I do. I like the song even before I learned the meaning of "soup boys" "holy cow" and "kolaveri di" from google.

I remember when we were in school and parents would call the music "meaningless" etc. Its generation gap. If you dont like then maybe you are getting old and fixated in ideas.

A song need not be liked by everyone to be good.

So guys...chill and enjoy it if u like, else forget it.

BTW most of us know Sony has bought the rights and Akshay Kumar has bought the rights for hindi version of the song. Dont know how the hindi version would sound? :D

Mostly marketing I guess. It is foot tapping enjoyable but I change the channel when it is playing. Maybe Danush's constipated expression doesn't sit well with me.

It is a success (not sure if worthy of a rage). So toast to that.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back