Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di ?!

i agree with kannan. I feel this is part of some kind of marketing strategy. I have listened to this song. May be its the lyrics which is the catch. Since i couldnt understand all of it, i just tried to check more on the tune. I found it just another normal one.

i think TOI also has been paid .. reporting it every other day in Bombay times and web versions . Apparently its an anthem according to them !

If a song is good .. it need not be viral marketed imo eg ARR songs

Last edited:
I listened to this song...... thrice, to make sure that I give it time to 'grow' on me. Nothing. I don't get what the hype is about. All the press & media coverage, talk about it going viral, discussions on almost every online forum etc etc seems to be just a marketing / publicity ploy.

If some here at HFV likes this song, I'd really like to know what the attraction is. Because, for me, nothing in the song is appealing - the music, the lyrics, the vocals all are equally poor....... or may be THAT is itself the attraction and I am missing the whole point!! ;)

I too think it is the lyrics which is quite stupid/ funny and the casual, 'down to earth' voice which has created all this hype. The music is not great, but I read somewhere that all original instruments were used and keyboard was hardly played. The videography might probably present this as sung from the hero in devdas style :D

I see many people like it, whether its viral marketing or not. A good marketing can get people listen to a song, not make them like it.
Its hard to tell what makes a song to become a hit. At this point, it does appear to be one, whether we accept it or not.
I did like it.... why? I do not know.

After hearing so much about the song everywhere, decided to give a try to hear it..to be frank, i didnt felt anything that intrestersting or anything new in the song..i didnt even hear the full song..closed it at arnd 3/4th of the song...why so hype on this song????

Yawn ...! Why this Stupid Thread for this Stupid Song Di ?!

I find my cat more interesting ... even when its lying about doing nothing. :)

--G0bble

Those who like the song, bros what you like is what you like and should not feel embrassed. (Infact I like quite a few pop songs :eek: ;).) Its a personal choice. But generally music has few elements like harmony, melody and rythm which I dont find in this particular song. :indifferent14:

To those who do not like this song. what the heck.... here is a cat video :D
Funny Cats - YouTube
Needs speakers turned on :D :D :D
Regards

Last edited:
Supper like-uuu :). Anyway don't trust me as I'm not one of those super-intellectuals who likes only Classical music :p :p

[OK, someone plz translate the lyrics as I can't understand much except for the English parts]

Supper like-uuu :). Anyway don't trust me as I'm not one of those super-intellectuals who likes only Classical music :p :p

[OK, someone plz translate the lyrics as I can't understand much except for the English parts]

Here they are ...

I a stupid ...
I am a fool ...
and everyone like who likes this song
is fool da .. fool di ... fool dum dum
I a stupid ...
I am a fool ...

HTH
--G0bble
:)

haha love the sheer inaness of the song and the fact that its crafted around absolutely nothing! brilliant strat to get eyeballs and it sure is snowballing with all the push on fb etc...like all snowballs however its gonna melt away sooner rather than later...

Back